• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

The GOP convention in Cleveland is starts July 18, Monday, and runs to the 21st. Are you ready? Is you ready for possibly the biggest freak show on Earth save for the Middle East ISIS fiasco? Is your browser able to stream the proceedings? Have you decided what beer you will get and what food you will be eating while watching this all go down? Do you have your barf bucket ready?

Bill Maher is going to be having Real Time shows every night of both conventions.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad I am in a different time zone.

Time zone? The convention is going to be in a completely different dimension.

The GOP convention in Cleveland is starts July 18, Monday, and runs to the 21st. Are you ready? Is you ready for possibly the biggest freak show on Earth save for the Middle East ISIS fiasco? Is your browser able to stream the proceedings? Have you decided what beer you will get and what food you will be eating while watching this all go down? Do you have your barf bucket ready?

I will be shutting down all media and avoiding all news source.

I expect I will get a lot of work done, though.

I'm doing the exact opposite. This GOP convention is going to be a freak show of historic proportions. Trump is inviting ex-athletes, his family, and any other walking collection of brain offal that'll show up to speak on his behalf. There's no way I cannot watch this.

"Next up after the commercial break, basketball coach Bobby Knight will be at the podium."

Bobby Knight! The walking heart attack/embolism that used to throw chairs at his players and referees during games and practices. THIS GUY IS GOING TO HAVE A RELATIVELY PROMINENT PLACE AT THE GOP CONVENTION! I can't miss this!

Fucking Snooki could be a surprise guest (n' shit). Nobody really knows yet.

The scene outside is gonna be outrageous. There'll be skinheads, Klansman ready for commentary, every manner of angry rube you can imagine.
Inside there's going to be the walking dead who despite everything they know, will still vote for Trump. There'll be befuddled officials trying to avoid questions. Most fun though, will be the anti-Trump conservatives, and those motherfuckers are gonna make some noise.

And what will Trump's progeny have to say? I have to see that happen live on my TV (actually my computer; I got rid of TV). But whatever is going on, it'll be too good to miss... "Good" is probably the wrong word. It'll be like an absurdist dark comedy that's really happening. The entertainment/historical value---the reality TV warped into actual reality is something that might never be seen again.

I know Sorry Palin will be there, gibbering and jabbering as usual. Dunno about Anne Coulter though. Laura Ingraham may be there, but I don't know if she will be wearing diapers.

I know Sorry Palin will be there, gibbering and jabbering as usual. Dunno about Anne Coulter though. Laura Ingraham may be there, but I don't know if she will be wearing diapers.

I suggest all viewers wear diapers. Uncontrolled urination is a side-effect of hysterical laughter.

That's nice. Your cats won't have to go without their Animal Channel programs during the convention.

If Anne Coulter doesn't go for shock value, she will be very dangerous. She is a great speaker (if you agree with her), but pretty darn evil in some ways. I would bet that her speech would need to be vetted.

- - - Updated - - -

That's nice. Your cats won't have to go without their Animal Channel programs during the convention.

Not me, I will be getting a lot of popcorn ready.

good tweets: must be straight from /pol/

CmX1Yi3WEAEYnuT.jpg
with a modification:

CmXpDSdWcAEQDIP.jpg

1467482537481.png

I thought I was playing Chinese Checkers, but I guess I was playing Jewish Checkers.

1467486551346.png

------

ETA: it was first posted june 15th on the @fishbonehead1 twitter account. Interesting, these trolls are hurting their own "God Emperor Trump"...

Last edited:
Bobby Knight! The walking heart attack/embolism that used to throw chairs at his players and referees during games and practices. THIS GUY IS GOING TO HAVE A RELATIVELY PROMINENT PLACE AT THE GOP CONVENTION!
Maybe he'll talk to the chair before he throws it.

That'll be great. We could do with a good laugh !

In the least surprising turn of events this week, it appears that Trump's tweet of the Hillary with the Star of David over a pile of money that everyone was calling anti-Semitic but Trump was saying totally wasn't ended up having originally come from a white supremacist website.

What are the odds? If your answer is 100%, you're correct.

In the least surprising turn of events this week, it appears that Trump's tweet of the Hillary with the Star of David over a pile of money that everyone was calling anti-Semitic but Trump was saying totally wasn't ended up having originally come from a white supremacist website.

While trying to do my own "knowyourmeme" research on how this started, the twitter account where it may have come from on June 15th is now gone.

While trying to do my own "knowyourmeme" research on how this started, the twitter account where it may have come from on June 15th is now gone.

That was quick of them.

Seems to me I remember a time when the GOP called themselves the "party of personal responsibility." Odd, then, that their presumptive nominee can't seem to take personal responsibility for his own words - or in this case, images - and nobody in the party seems willing to talk about the big antisemitic elephant in the room.

That account was fairly antisemitic and it was trying very hard to be a meme factory. I think that it was a decent meme (meaning propaganda) and someone was braindead about missing the star of david/old west sheriff badge missing the end rounds. Hidden in plain sight?

The issue is that there is a massive amount of meme-makers who attempt to slip in dog-whistles about muslims, blacks, jews, women and so on. It truly is a contest for them.

Outsourcing his propaganda arm to meme-makers who are either thrill seekers or real bigots is a bad idea. He needs to hire an expert to approve these memes if he is going to do this.

Seems to me I remember a time when the GOP called themselves the "party of personal responsibility." Odd, then, that their presumptive nominee can't seem to take personal responsibility for his own words - or in this case, images - and nobody in the party seems willing to talk about the big antisemitic elephant in the room.

Well, if they talk about it they either offend the jewish donors or they offend the racist donors. Either way, it's costing them money to have the conversation. If your principles are more important than your wallet, then your principles are not the principles of the Republican party.

This is who most of the internet meme makers see themselves as:

1467671661852.jpg

But the actor and director were Jewish.

or this:
04781c0bcfa7c90e28be844a8c97dad3210a90f6.jpg

good tweets: must be straight from /pol/

View attachment 7337
with a modification:

View attachment 7338

View attachment 7340

I thought I was playing Chinese Checkers, but I guess I was playing Jewish Checkers.

View attachment 7339

------

ETA: it was first posted june 15th on the @fishbonehead1 twitter account. Interesting, these trolls are hurting their own "God Emperor Trump"...
The guy is like a parody of a right-winger.

Every time the guy opens his mouth, he illustrates perfectly why the public (with all their flaws) are rejecting Republican ideology.

The guy is like a parody of a right-winger.

Every time the guy opens his mouth, he illustrates perfectly why the public (with all their flaws) are rejecting Republican ideology.
Parody? Not a parody, he reflects the ideas of the base that the Republicans have been riling up for a long time. He is a Republican that has no filter on his mouth, no code words, no insinuations. Just straight talk, what the right-wing has been implying for several years. And the base loves it.

Back
Top Bottom