• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

I don't like the way this is going for Clinton.
Disagree, SC and GA aren't called quickly, that is bad. SC was called for Trump. If that is the case the Exit Polling could be problematic.

Early counts are bound to lean red - the smaller more rural voting places typically finish counting faster than larger urban ones do. If less than a few % of the votes are counted, the projections are pretty meaningless.

Right now the BBC are only calling 4 states (VT, KY, IN, WV). Who called SC for Trump, and on what basis?

Disagree, SC and GA aren't called quickly, that is bad. SC was called for Trump. If that is the case the Exit Polling could be problematic.

NBC called SC for Trump but, as far as I can tell, no one else has yet. Might they have jumped the gun?
No, I was wrong. Missouri, South Carolina to Trump. PA tight but for Clinton. GA, no clue, may be 0.5% victory.

Ohio real tight as well. VA a bit better for Clinton.

Corrections and updates

Clinton wins PA, ME
Trump wins GA.

OH too close to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA exit poll shows it wasn't close. Waiting for it to show in vote count.

According to the BBC, Trump is ahead in VA by 49.4% to 45.6% with 80% of precincts in.

A real surprise to me. VA was supposed to be fairly safe for Clinton.

According to the BBC, Trump is ahead in VA by 49.4% to 45.6% with 80% of precincts in.

Good. Hope she's sweating now.

Wisconsin went for Clinton by 5 to 8 pts.
Michigan real tight. Clinton by 2 pts.
Maine for Clinton by a long shot.
Colorado goes Clinton by 6+ pts.

New York Times puts the probability of Clinton winning VA at 94%. The results so far are misleading, because small precints count the votes faster and lean towards Trump. Major population centers that are the last ones to report favor Clinton.

New York Times puts the probability of Clinton winning VA at 94%. The results so far are meaningless, because small precints count the votes faster and lean towards Trump. Major population centers that are the last ones to report favor Clinton.

What's the total vote count though?

No, it doesn't look good for Clinton at all. I'm not her biggest fan but of course, I'd take her over him.

I think the Clinton campaigned counted their chickens before they hatched.

No, it doesn't look good for Clinton at all. I'm not her biggest fan but of course, I'd take her over him.

I think the Clinton campaigned counted their chickens before they hatched.

Well if she does lose, there will be a hard lesson for the complacent DNC to learn from.

Sucks we all have to suffer as a consequence though.

Trump almost certainly seems to take Florida. Maybe North Carolina too. But if Clinton can hold the line there, she'll still win.

Now, if Trump takes Michigan, Pennsylvania or Nevada... shit.

Not looking good for Hillary. North Carolina, Florida, Virginia, and Ohio all look likely to go for Trump. He's also off to a good start in NH. Stock market futures, dollar and peso are tanking.

Exit polls seem off. Virginia and PA should be a runaway.

Regardless, if Clinton wins Nevada, and gets PA, she needs NC or FL or VA or AZ or IA/NH.

This is getting too fucking close. What the fucking hell is wrong with white males?

Exit polls seem off. Virginia and PA should be a runaway.

Regardless, if Clinton wins Nevada, and gets PA, she needs NC or FL or VA or AZ or IA/NH.

This is getting too fucking close. What the fucking hell is wrong with white males?

They felt cheated by the DNC during the primaries so now they're going to screw the dems over just to spite them on principle.

Back
Top Bottom