• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

His speech to the house seemed docile in comparison to his outbursts in his first month in office. For this reason perhaps give the man some leeway.
Why give him leeway for one speech?
Right now it's an outlier. It's not the Trump we've come to know and expect.

He can talk about a nation that's united against hate, but he's still got Bannon running around loose.
One carefully prepared speech isn't going to change things unless he follows through with actual action. Don't just note violence against against minorities that burst out after his election, but do something about it. That'd silence a few detractors.

He read the words prepared for him about clean water and clean air... just hours after he proposed massive budget cuts for the EPA.

One half-way normal performance does not earn him anything in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the bar so low that successfully reading a teleprompter for an hour should have us forget everything that he has said and done for years?

exactly

You are obviously pretending it didn't happen, or ignoring the thousands of Arabs that were dancing in the streets straight after 9/11!

Do you swallow FAKE NEWS for breakfast, or is it breakfast lunch and dinner?

I s'pose you're into that faked moon landing crap too... :rolleyes:
At lesat you're not Murrikin.

Is the bar so low that successfully reading a teleprompter for an hour should have us forget everything that he has said and done for years?
When Obama made the speech in Egypt soon after he landed in the White house and apologised to Islam for and on behalf of America, then went to the most repressive Islamic regime in the Middle East in Saudi Arabia and actually bowed to their fucking king, his constant refusal to call terrorist attacks as Islamic. His accommodating of the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist org, I don't recall the media, or the left even raising an eyebrow.

I'm sorry. Because you quoted my question, I thought you would have stated something that was relevant to my question.

funinspace said:
Worse? Were you taking a nap when Don the Con was chumming it up with conspiracy theorist extraordinaire Alex Jones (Infowars) during his campaign?

Obama is Kenyan born
[Thousands of Muslims cheering the twin towers destruction]
Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia might have been assassinated
Clinton is battling serious health problems that make her unfit to hold office
You are obviously pretending it didn't happen, or ignoring the thousands of Arabs that were dancing in the streets straight after 9/11!

Perhaps the most classic piece of fake news produced. No, they didn't. Here's an article about the source of the film footage.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/cnn.asp

A film of people dancing in the streets is just that. People dancing in the streets. In this case They were dancing in 1991 about Kuwait being invaded by Saddam.

First to make sure you understand the context correctly, this is about Don the Con and what he claimed he saw in New Jersey. So talk about pretending...please provide some evidence for your fantasy.

FFS!

Off the wall question:

Did any of the four of you actually click DrZoidberg's link and read what it had to say? Or did every one of you, including you, DrZoidberg, simply accept DrZoidberg's executive summary at face value, and take for granted that what DrZoidberg said accurately reflected what Snopes.com reported about the rumor?

Here it is again, for your reading pleasure.

For your benefit, and for the benefit of any other readers who can't be bothered to click the links people offer as alleged support for their contentions, here is a corrected executive summary of the content of DrZoidberg's link:

The rumor that Snopes.com is debunking in that link is the rumor that DrZoidberg helped propagate: the rumor that CNN broadcast footage of Palestinians dancing in 1991 about Kuwait being invaded by Saddam and passed it off as 9/11-related.

Snopes.com said:
CLAIM: CNN used old footage to fake images of ‘Palestinians dancing in the street’ after the terrorist attack on the USA.

Incidentally...

A film of people dancing in the streets is just that. People dancing in the streets. In this case They were dancing in 1991 about Kuwait being invaded by Saddam.
That claim is not merely wrong. It's not merely not fact-checked. It's ridiculous. It's impossible on its face. It's just ignorant.

Saddam invaded Kuwait on Aug. 2, 1990.

funinspace said:
Worse? Were you taking a nap when Don the Con was chumming it up with conspiracy theorist extraordinaire Alex Jones (Infowars) during his campaign?

Obama is Kenyan born
[Thousands of Muslims cheering the twin towers destruction]
Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia might have been assassinated
Clinton is battling serious health problems that make her unfit to hold office

Perhaps the most classic piece of fake news produced. No, they didn't. Here's an article about the source of the film footage.

First to make sure you understand the context correctly, this is about Don the Con and what he claimed he saw in New Jersey. So talk about pretending...please provide some evidence for your fantasy.

FFS!

Off the wall question:

Did any of the four of you actually click DrZoidberg's link and read what it had to say? Or did every one of you, including you, DrZoidberg, simply accept DrZoidberg's executive summary at face value, and take for granted that what DrZoidberg said accurately reflected what Snopes.com reported about the rumor?

Here it is again, for your reading pleasure.

For your benefit, and for the benefit of any other readers who can't be bothered to click the links people offer as alleged support for their contentions, here is a corrected executive summary of the content of DrZoidberg's link:

The rumor that Snopes.com is debunking in that link is the rumor that DrZoidberg helped propagate: the rumor that CNN broadcast footage of Palestinians dancing in 1991 about Kuwait being invaded by Saddam and passed it off as 9/11-related.

Snopes.com said:
CLAIM: CNN used old footage to fake images of ‘Palestinians dancing in the street’ after the terrorist attack on the USA.

Incidentally...

That claim is not merely wrong. It's not merely not fact-checked. It's ridiculous. It's impossible on its face. It's just ignorant.

I must have missed it when NYC annexed Palestine.

Yeah, sorry. Of course. They were of course celebrating the other way around, Kuwait being liberated.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ on a Pogo Stick With a knitted Pussy Hat, that's wrong.

On 9/11 and for a while afterwards, cops were out in force, in the muslim communities, to protect THEM from other angry, shocked, terrified Americans.
The muslims were afraid to leave their homes, terrified to leave their communities.

IF they had celebrated the attack, and footage of this was on television the way Trump.... 'remembers'... it, there would have been no way to stop the angry hordes of pissed off New Yorkers from burning the entire city to the ground.
The ONLY thing most of us wanted that month was an acceptable target to vent our rage upon. The fact that no one stomped these people into a fine red paste on the asphalt can ONLY be explained by either of two options: that there was no such celebration at all, so there was nothing for Trump to see
or
that no one took any video of the celebration to put on television... So again there was nothing for Trump to see.

It would not just have been 'in poor taste' to have celebrated 9/11 while on American soil, it would have been suicidal, at least until we invaded Afghanistan and all our rage was venting over there.

On 9/11 and for a while afterwards, cops were out in force, in the muslim communities, to protect THEM from other angry, shocked, terrified Americans.
The muslims were afraid to leave their homes, terrified to leave their communities.

IF they had celebrated the attack, and footage of this was on television the way Trump.... 'remembers'... it, there would have been no way to stop the angry hordes of pissed off New Yorkers from burning the entire city to the ground.
The ONLY thing most of us wanted that month was an acceptable target to vent our rage upon. The fact that no one stomped these people into a fine red paste on the asphalt can ONLY be explained by either of two options: that there was no such celebration at all, so there was nothing for Trump to see
or
that no one took any video of the celebration to put on television... So again there was nothing for Trump to see.

It would not just have been 'in poor taste' to have celebrated 9/11 while on American soil, it would have been suicidal, at least until we invaded Afghanistan and all our rage was venting over there.

Seriously... I'd like to ask Angelo if he had even been born yet in 2001.

or

Seriously... I'd like to ask Angelo if he had even been born yet in 2001.

The available evidence suggests that he may be only one day old.

I must have missed it when NYC annexed Palestine.
You said that after quoting my whole long post. Why? What do you think what you wrote has to do with anything in my post? You appear to be sarcastically suggesting that NYC would have had to have annexed Palestine in order for what I wrote to be right. Why are you doing that? Can you name one thing I said that you think is wrong?

Yeah, sorry. Of course. They were of course celebrating the other way around, Kuwait being liberated.

Thanks for pointing that out.
I did nothing of the sort. Of course it is not footage of Palestinians celebrating Kuwait being liberated. In the first place, your own link is perfectly clear that it really is footage of Palestinians celebrating immediately after the 9/11 attacks. So for you to even propose such a scenario means that even after being called on your garbage, you still can't be bothered to read your own link. And in the second place, your baseless wild guess as to what it's footage of is a stupid guess. On what planet would Palestinians be celebrating an American military victory over an enemy of Israel?

... [Thousands of Muslims cheering the twin towers destruction] ...

... that's wrong.

It looks like what we have here is a failure to communicate. Funinspace appears to have meant "Thousands of American Muslims". angelo appears to have taken what funinspace wrote out of context, and incorrectly assumed Palestinians counted as an example of "it", i.e. "Muslims cheering the twin towers destruction".

Regardless of some here trying to turn this around, the facts are that thousands of Arab Palestinian did actually dance in the Streets immediately after 9/11!

Regardless of some here trying to turn this around, the facts are that thousands of Arab Palestinian did actually dance in the Streets immediately after 9/11!

But how have you managed to work in religion into this? That's the big mystery

Evidence please.
The power of repetition is failing you.

In New Jersey? Because his claim was thousands of people in New Jersey were on video dancing and celebrating.

<sniped other lumped together peoples>
Off the wall question:

Uhm...I quoted DrZ about a BBC article before his post you are quoting, so why are you lumping me into your little tirade? I don't need to read links of stuff I"m not even commenting on or talking about...
https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...eat-Horse-Race&p=390934&viewfull=1#post390934

And then I challenged angelo's evil Muslim fantasy (albeit after DrZ then tripped up in another comment) after angelo suggested that I in fact was pretending stuff didn't happen...you know that time when Don the Con fibbed when he said that thousands of Muslims cheered the destruction of the towers in New Jersey?
https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...eat-Horse-Race&p=391220&viewfull=1#post391220

For those that are comprehension challenged, as my comments were clearly about crazy conspiracy theories promoted by Don the Con:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-trumps-claim-thousands-new-jersey-ch/
Arguing that there are terrorist sympathizers in the United States, Donald Trump says he saw "thousands" of New Jerseyans celebrating after the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down," the Republican presidential candidate said at a Nov. 21 rally in Birmingham, Ala. "And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

Off the wall question:

Uhm...I quoted DrZ about a BBC article before his post you are quoting, so why are you lumping me into your little tirade? I don't need to read links of stuff I"m not even commenting on or talking about...
https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...eat-Horse-Race&p=390934&viewfull=1#post390934

And then I challenged angelo's evil Muslim fantasy (albeit after DrZ then tripped up in another comment) after angelo suggested that I in fact was pretending stuff didn't happen...you know that time when Don the Con fibbed when he said that thousands of Muslims cheered the destruction of the towers in New Jersey?
https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...eat-Horse-Race&p=391220&viewfull=1#post391220

For those that are comprehension challenged, as my comments were clearly about crazy conspiracy theories promoted by Don the Con:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-trumps-claim-thousands-new-jersey-ch/
Arguing that there are terrorist sympathizers in the United States, Donald Trump says he saw "thousands" of New Jerseyans celebrating after the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down," the Republican presidential candidate said at a Nov. 21 rally in Birmingham, Ala. "And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

Look here - everyone knows Trump is a lying piece of shit who will say anything at all with zero regard for the truth if he thinks it will get the reaction he's looking for from his idiot supporters.
Now why don't you guys just settle down - you LOST. Now,
GIVE HIM A CHANCE!

Back
Top Bottom