• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

What shocks me the most about this cycle is how utterly inept the establishment candidates have been. Earlier in this thread, I thought Walker would be the winner. Then I was treated to his buffoonish, Sgt Schultz campaign.

And Bush, too. Where the hell is all that donor money going to?

What shocks me the most about this cycle is how utterly inept the establishment candidates have been. Earlier in this thread, I thought Walker would be the winner. Then I was treated to his buffoonish, Sgt Schultz campaign.

Bush is dogged by W. He was the frontrunner, but he can't escape W and Iraq, but he still has acceptable polling nationally. This leaves us with Perry and eventually Kasich. Perry is doomed and Kasich is not catching on. Kasich would be the logical stealth right-winger to take the reins from Bush.

Then you have the Tea Party, Paul, Walker, and Cruz. They aren't doing well either!

The pathetics, Santorum, Graham, Gilmore, Pataki. Why are they even in the race? To go sightseeing in Iowa and New Hampshire?

Chris Christie? Is he even running?

It is incredible what Trump has done. He took the bullhorn from Christie's mouth. He took the lunatic fringe from Cruz, Paul, and Walker. Bush has family problems. There are no other major stars to fight against a Trump.

The Republican Base is having their own occupy movement, rejecting even the Tea Party folk! 2012 was a joke. 2016 makes 2012 look like Lincoln v Douglas.

I think both Walker and Bush are snorting their money. They look like deer in the headlights...maybe they just want a closet they can go to.

And Perry is the first to bow out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rick-perry-ends-presidential-campaign_55f3427ee4b063ecbfa46be7

The only question is: Why did he think he had a chance to try again?

Remember all those stories about how stupid he is? It's because he's stupid.

As stupid as he is, he looks quite bright in comparison to Huckabee....at least smart enough to quit. Thanks, Rick...now go home. The cows need milking.

I think both Walker and Bush are snorting their money. They look like deer in the headlights...maybe they just want a closet they can go to.

I think they've been taking the strategy of waiting quietly until Trump flamed out and went away. Then, somehow, he's just hung around and it's messing up everyone's game plan.

Well at least all this will be over soon. I understand that the election is in November, so there is less than two months to go.

I'm very glad of that. I don't think any more than that would be bearable.

November of 2016...enjoy.

Frankly, I hated Trump for months. But I have warmed to the notion - he or Bernie would provide a lot of fun on the way to the whitehouse (although Joe's gaffe factory is pretty entertaining as well).

CNN published a poll, yep Trump is tied with Hillary. "In the general election matchups, Clinton trails former neurosurgeon Ben Carson by a significant margin (51% Carson to 46% Clinton among registered voters) while running about evenly with both former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (49% Bush to 47% Clinton) and businessman Donald Trump (48% back each)."

I can't wait for the wall, gulf to the pacific. Yep, 'the Donald' as President. So much more fun than the dour harridan and boring Jeb.

Frankly, I hated Trump for months. But I have warmed to the notion - he or Bernie would provide a lot of fun on the way to the whitehouse (although Joe's gaffe factory is pretty entertaining as well).
Here we go again with the Moore-Coulter bullshit.

Bernie Sanders - We need to reform the prison systems. Too many men have their lives ruined by it.

Donald Trump - That woman is ugly, who'd vote for her?

- - - Updated - - -

I think they've been taking the strategy of waiting quietly until Trump flamed out and went away. Then, somehow, he's just hung around and it's messing up everyone's game plan.
Feels a bit like a Globetrotter game. The coach for the Generals keeps thinking, the ref is going to call them on the fake ball thing at some point!

- - - Updated - - -

ooh, poor bilby. :(
He isn't in the US. So he doesn't have to suffer. As a resident of Ohio, I fear watching NFL football live!

Last edited:
Hillary is toast - emailgate and relentlessly bad campaigning has elevated an old duffer into an even bigger lead in Iowa and NH. For Hillary, its worse that ever:

CBS Polls, in Iowa and NH -
https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/643074825867657217/photo/1
https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/643076130166153217/photo/1

Bernie: 10 point lead in Iowa, 22 point lead in NH

Go Bernie Go...

I share you desire to see Hillary go away, but I think your "Go Bernie Go" statement is not an endorsement of Bernie so much as wanting to jack him into a loser's candidacy against something like Trump. You know, Bernie is about the only consistent politician on the campaign trail today. You may just be in for a big surprise.

Hillary is toast - emailgate and relentlessly bad campaigning has elevated an old duffer into an even bigger lead in Iowa and NH. For Hillary, its worse that ever:

Go Bernie Go...
And Sanders is polling what in South Carolina, 8 percent?

Bernie is benefiting from the liberals not the foaming at the mouth conservatives that think Hillary Clinton is the worse and most corrupt person ever to be born. Liberals see in Sanders something that hasn't been in a primary in a while... an actual liberal. And when Bernie Sanders clears the air about what his platform is, the liberals like him and feel that this guy actually represents their view best. Hence the rise in Iowa and New Hampshire. Not the emails.

Ha, I don't think Clinton has any real concerns about getting the nomination or the Presidency. It would be cool if there were some kind of race and all that, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Go Bernie Go...

I share you desire to see Hillary go away, but I think your "Go Bernie Go" statement is not an endorsement of Bernie so much as wanting to jack him into a loser's candidacy against something like Trump. You know, Bernie is about the only consistent politician on the campaign trail today. You may just be in for a big surprise.
Nah!. Bernie's too far to the left. Americans won't vote for him if shove comes to pull.

Back
Top Bottom