• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

At least that's being principled about birtherism.

Do any of the birthers regret ever having brought that issue up?

They should never have picked that issue up ... but they didn't bring it up.

But since they picked it up they still refuse to put it down. There is someone on this forum who still believes the birther story, as if he is some kind of Seer that can find out the "true" circumstances of Obama's birth.

I've always thought it was a silly rule. It might have made sense in the 18th century, but does not now. I'd be entirely in favor of changing it. But it isn't my faction that is holding it up, it is the republican racist/nativist faction.

But Cruz, meantime, virtually bear-hugged Robertson, raising the prospect — light-heartedly — of a U.N. ambassadorship.
“Here’s a thought experiment for you: Imagine Phil Robertson as ambassador to the U.N.,” he said. “Now let me just ask ya, how much would you pay to see that?”

It's election day! It's election day!

Sanders vs Clinton in Nevada. The GOP in South Carolina. www.cvinetwork.org for those of you without cable who might want to check out the damage as the polls and caucuses close. I will be cheering on Bernie and being horrified at South Carolina all evening.

:eating_popcorn:

No. They don't know what regret is. The whole birther bullshit was like a custom made tool for a job that existed at the time, but doesn't anymore. They knew it was bullshit, but used it until it wasn't useful anymore. Then they moved on.

Now it's back to bashing Hillary with whatever they can pick up off the ground in front them like neanderthals picking up a rock to throw at a mammoth that's got them cornered. They've already hit it with everything they've got, yet there it is ready to gore them again.

I'm a bit surprised by Jeb Bush's dropping out. I expected Ben Carson to do that. John Kasich did respectably well in New Hampshire, so he may continue.

In South Carolina, Donald Trump is the clear winner, with 33% of the vote. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are next, with 22 - 23% of the vote, and Jeb Bush, John Kasich, and Ben Carson are last with 7 - 8% of the vote.

In Nevada, Hillary Clinton beat Bernie Sanders 19 - 15 in delegate count.

I'm a bit surprised by Jeb Bush's dropping out. I expected Ben Carson to do that. John Kasich did respectably well in New Hampshire, so he may continue.
Yes. He is also the last governor standing and he has no regional competition from the Mid-West. Bush had a strong competitor in his own state. So I expect Kasich to soldier on at least while he still thinks he can win Ohio on March 15th.
In Nevada, Hillary Clinton beat Bernie Sanders 19 - 15 in delegate count.
Does that include superdelegates?

As the race for the Republican nomination narrows, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) made his case Saturday for why he was a top-tier candidate.
"Indeed, the screaming you hear now from across the Potomac is the Washington cartel in full terror that the conservative grassroots are rising up," Cruz says.

Oh Ted, you certainly are a charismatic, level headed, thoughtful candidate. Apparently trying to out-boast der Trumster.
I am so sure this sort of off the wall braggadocio will go over quite well in the general election. Yes, America wants a crazed, self proclaim religious fanatic, ultra-conservative, tea party clown just like you to lead us into the Promised land. Not.

As the race for the Republican nomination narrows, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) made his case Saturday for why he was a top-tier candidate.
"Indeed, the screaming you hear now from across the Potomac is the Washington cartel in full terror that the conservative grassroots are rising up," Cruz says.

Oh Ted, you certainly are a charismatic, level headed, thoughtful candidate. Apparently trying to out-boast der Trumster.
I am so sure this sort of off the wall braggadocio will go over quite well in the general election. Yes, America wants a crazed, self proclaim religious fanatic, ultra-conservative, tea party clown just like you to lead us into the Promised land. Not.

If one was to choose, the Trumpet would surely be the best choice from a field of nut cases. :cool:

No. They don't know what regret is. The whole birther bullshit was like a custom made tool for a job that existed at the time, but doesn't anymore. They knew it was bullshit, but used it until it wasn't useful anymore. Then they moved on.

Now it's back to bashing Hillary with whatever they can pick up off the ground in front them like neanderthals picking up a rock to throw at a mammoth that's got them cornered. They've already hit it with everything they've got, yet there it is ready to gore them again.

Maybe they're hoping it will Gore itself.:rolleyes: sorry, couldn't resist it.

Was the bold sarcasm?

Rumors are floating around in political circles that Carson will drop out after the GOP Arizona caucuses if he doesn't do well there. We shall see pretty soon now. Something to watch for.

If one was to choose, the Trumpet would surely be the best choice from a field of nut cases. :cool:

I'm terribly glad Aussies don't get a choice.

Come on, all this fear about Trump becoming president. There's no way he could be any worst than G W Bush, and he got elected twice.
Trump is absolute wild card. No one knows what he'd do. As far as W, he was elected by the people once.

I hear it suggested on Pacifica today that a Trump nomination would be similar to a Goldwater nomination....no chance of winning in a general election. I have seen some real turkeys get elected as president. Upon being nominated for president by the Democrats Adlai Stevenson was told that he was a shoo in because all thinking Americans would be voting for him. His response was, "I'll need a lot more than that. I need over 50% of the voters." Of the voters, I can only cite the ultimate head of the Christian church...or at least the story of Jesus..."Forgive them for they know not what they do." That holds true whether they flock to the polls and elect either Hillary or Trump. They both are kleptocrats.

I'm terribly glad Aussies don't get a choice.

Angelo's opinions are his own, and do not represent those of the Australian people, governments (State and/or Federal), or institutions.

Back
Top Bottom