• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Veep Bets

Oh man, did Kamala Harris get way too much botox done in too short a time. She always makes what should have been a good move into a disaster.

Went from being well above average attractive for a standardly aging middle-aged woman to being in a bad part of the uncanny valley. Biden has also had Botox and it was noted before.

Dadgum. Looks like she got the Get One Side Done Get Half the Other Side Done for Free special. I hope it settles and evens out over time.

I'll never understand why people do that. It doesn't look better. It looks worse.

Went from being well above average attractive for a standardly aging middle-aged woman to being in a bad part of the uncanny valley. Biden has also had Botox and it was noted before.
Kamala does look horrible in that clip.
She just needs some lip fillers, maybe some boob and butt implants. Or Biden can just short-circuit the process and nominate Darcy. :)

I was thinking he should pick Kim Kardashian as his VP... give himself a chance to pick up her 65 million twitter followers as votes. :D

Or maybe he could pick Elizabeth Warren if she decides that she is Black instead of American Indian.

WTF did Kamala do to herself???

What is it with conservatives always obsessing over the appearance of female politicians? Is it just random misogyny, or do you think it is somehow relevant to a person's political ability somehow? If so, have you noticed that your guy is basically a giant orange prune with an unconvincing toupee?

What is it with conservatives always obsessing over the appearance of female politicians? Is it just random misogyny, or do you think it is somehow relevant to a person's political ability somehow? If so, have you noticed that your guy is basically a giant orange prune with an unconvincing toupee?
In the case of women dems, it's definitely misogyny.

Glad I could help.

It is kinda entertaining when someone makes fun of a gop woman, like Sarah 'smoky eye' Sanders. They get all butthurt and accuse the critics as sexist, even when the criticism itself has nothing to do with looks or gender. Michelle Wolff's comments were partially about Sarah's appearance, but she's a comedian and was cracking (some seriously funny) jokes.

I was thinking he should pick Kim Kardashian as his VP... give himself a chance to pick up her 65 million twitter followers as votes. :D
That would be awkward since her husband is running for president, kind of.

Or maybe he could pick Elizabeth Warren if she decides that she is Black instead of American Indian.
Stranger things have happened. Too bad Talcum X is a man since he is already pretending to be black. :)

WTF did Kamala do to herself???
I know, right.

What is it with conservatives always obsessing over the appearance of female politicians?
Appearance of politicians is always commented on. Why is it somehow unacceptable if the politician is a woman?
As an example, liberals are also obsessing about Trump's weight, skin tone (so, so many "orange" jokes!), hair etc.
But Trump is not the only one. There has been much talk about Huckabee's or Christie's weight, Edwards', Sanders' and Kerry's hair styles, Biden's hair plugs and botox, etc.

Talking about a politican's appearance is not a double standard. Complaining about it only when it's a woman IS a double standard.

Is it just random misogyny, or do you think it is somehow relevant to a person's political ability somehow?
It's not misogyny at all, but in the case of something someone does to oneself (like plastic surgery) as opposed to luck of the genetic draw, I think it does tell us something about their judgment or lack thereof, be it a man or a woman.

If so, have you noticed that your guy is basically a giant orange prune with an unconvincing toupee?
He is not "my guy", but that's a case in point. Why do you consider such demeaning comments about a male politician ok, but any comment about a female politician's appearance is "misogyny"? It makes zero sense!

Appearance of politicians is always commented on. Why is it somehow unacceptable if the politician is a woman?
As an example, liberals are also obsessing about Trump's weight, skin tone (so, so many "orange" jokes!), hair etc.
But Trump is not the only one. There has been much talk about Huckabee's or Christie's weight, Edwards', Sanders' and Kerry's hair styles, Biden's hair plugs and botox, etc.

Talking about a politican's appearance is not a double standard. Complaining about it only when it's a woman IS a double standard.

It's not misogyny at all, but in the case of something someone does to oneself (like plastic surgery) as opposed to luck of the genetic draw, I think it does tell us something about their judgment or lack thereof, be it a man or a woman.

If so, have you noticed that your guy is basically a giant orange prune with an unconvincing toupee?
He is not "my guy", but that's a case in point. Why do you consider such demeaning comments about a male politician ok, but any comment about a female politician's appearance is "misogyny"? It makes zero sense!

I do not, in fact, consider Trump's clown-like appearance to be relevant to the question of whether he would make an acceptable VP pick. He made a lot of money with that toupee.

Or anyone else. I really don't see how choosing politicians based on appearance makes any sense whatsoever.

He made a lot of money with that toupee.
You need to change that line from toupee to comb-over. During the 2016 campaign, I thought it was a rug too. But then I saw him on one of those late night talk shows (don't remember which) and the emcee ruffled his hair and stood it on end. It turns out that Trump's hair-do is a comb-over. He has hair in the front and sides but bald (or damned thin) on the back part of the crown.

My avatar is a good likeness of my hair (or lack).

He made a lot of money with that toupee.
You need to change that line from toupee to comb-over. During the 2016 campaign, I thought it was a rug too. But then I saw him on one of those late night talk shows (don't remember which) and the emcee ruffled his hair and stood it on end. It turns out that Trump's hair-do is a comb-over. He has hair in the front and sides but bald (or damned thin) on the back part of the crown.

My avatar is a good likeness of my hair (or lack).

“She treated her father with a degree of detachment, even irony, going so far as to make fun of his comb-over to others,” Wolff writes, as extracted in New York magazine. “She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate—a contained island after scalp-reduction *surgery—surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray.”

Veep Bets

It just struck me, how is it possible that Maxine Waters is not at the top of the list of those being considered for VP? She has everything Biden says he is looking for. She is a woman. She is black. She has extensive experience in government. And on top of that, she is a staunch Democrat.

If Biden won, and on day one of his presidency keeled over & died, who would be the best Democrat willing & able to take over? That's who he should pick.

Veep Bets

It just struck me, how is it possible that Maxine Waters is not at the top of the list of those being considered for VP? She has everything Biden says he is looking for. She is a woman. She is black. She has extensive experience in government. And on top of that, she is a staunch Democrat.

I adore Maxine Waters, and would vote her into the White House with no reservations.

Veep Bets

I adore Maxine Waters, and would vote her into the White House with no reservations.

She's a solid Dem but is too temperamental to unite the country. I thought the following tactic of hers would have been very damaging if it had gained traction:
Washington (CNN) Rep. Maxine Waters called on her supporters to publicly confront and harass members of the Trump administration in response to the "zero tolerance" policy that led to the separation of families at the border.

The California Democrat and vehement critic of President Donald Trump made the comments on Saturday, first at a rally in Los Angeles and later in a television interview. The comments, which come after several Trump administration officials have been recently protested at restaurants, have raised fresh questions about the state of American political discourse and were seized on by Trump for political gain.

"Unite the country"? Is that some kind of joke? We're in a state of increasingly open civil war, I think it's a bit late for thinking a suitably inoffensive VP pick is going to "unite the country".

Veep Bets

And she has zero experience in international political relations.
I have no idea how she might or worse, might not deal with China.

"Unite the country"? Is that some kind of joke? We're in a state of increasingly open civil war, I think it's a bit late for thinking a suitably inoffensive VP pick is going to "unite the country".

Fortunately that sentiment is an outlier from the far left wing. I wouldn't even say it's part of the Democratic left wing. Arguing with you about it is like trying to convince TSwizzle that it's foolish not to wear a mask in order to limit the pandemic.

Unfortunately that sentiment is an outlier from the far left wing. I wouldn't even say it's part of the Democratic left wing.
Fixt that for you.

Back
Top Bottom