• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Veep Bets

Considering that if Biden wins, his VP pick will be the president, should Trump debate Biden's VP pick?

Traditionally, that will be Mike Pence's job (unless he finally got himself fired and Trump is planning to announce a new lackey at the convention).

I wouldn't be surprised if Nikki Haley ends up on the ticket, especially if Trump is removed or removes himself from office. Post election, of course. She'd pair well with Mike Pence, although Mother would not like it one bit.

Considering that if Biden wins, his VP pick will be the president, should Trump debate Biden's VP pick?

Traditionally, that will be Mike Pence's job (unless he finally got himself fired and Trump is planning to announce a new lackey at the convention).

Traditionally it would be, but Biden's VP pick would be the one serving as President so this isn't a traditional situation.

Traditionally it would be, but Biden's VP pick would be the one serving as President so this isn't a traditional situation.

I'm baffled as to why you would imagine that Donald Trump is in any better health than Joe Biden.

WP is squeaking about Tammy Duckworth, saying she is under serious consideration and has impressed some on the vetting team.
I think she’d be an excellent pick. Very hard for the Trumpian slugs to attack a wounded combat vet, unless of course they’re going to try and pin the McCain Loser award on her for getting shot down.
To me she is the anti-Trump, a polar opposite of Our Nation’s Shame. I just hope she is of color enough.

NM. I just noticed that Duckworth was already mentioned, but to be honest, it seems like a different woman is mentioned as a front runner in the choice for BP, almost everyday.

NM. I just noticed that Duckworth was already mentioned, but to be honest, it seems like a different woman is mentioned as a front runner in the choice for BP, almost everyday.

Can we elect them all?

On the boat, sometimes several people in a watchstation are qualified all the watches, and take the duty as a group. One's Launcher, one's fire control, one's SWS Tech, but they swap out as needed.
Maybe have Biden and "Cabinetrix." Spend a week as VP, then move to run Treasury for two months, VP again, then two months at Commerce, VP, Transportation, VP, Justice....

If he becomes incapacitated, it becomes a game of musical chairs. "VP at midnight of the day he fell down the steps of Air Force One, Ms. _____! Come on down! You're the new contestant on The Pres Is Right!"

I'm baffled as to why you would imagine that Donald Trump is in any better health than Joe Biden.

So the key debate isn't Trump v Biden it is Pence v whomever?

I think we have to assume we're stuck with both of them, actually. Rich people don't die that easily, even when provoked.

To be extremely honest, I don't think the debates matter at all.

Hillary wiped the floor with Trump--and I mean WIPED.

I think Pence vs Chuck Norris would be interesting. Chuck is like 180, plus or minus 100 years. I wonder if Mikey can take him.

I think Biden should refuse to debate. There was an editorial this morning that suggested that Biden should refuse to debate Trump unless Trump releases his tax returns. Biden has already released his and they are supposedly on his website. What is Trump hiding. Some people think he's. hiding he fact that he's not nearly as wealthy as he claims. That's how narcissistic the idiot is.

Kamala Harris wiki page is being sanitized.

Someone is working very hard to dress up Kamala Harris' Wikipedia page, report finds

SF Gate said:
Left-wing website The Intercept notes that Harris’ page has been edited 408 times in the last three weeks, with most edits coming from one person. The article cited two similar incidents, including one story from The Atlantic in 2016 noting that Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine's Wikipedia page was heavily edited in the weeks leading up to his selection as former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's running mate, and another from The Washington Post in 2008 about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's Wikipedia page in the hours before being named Arizona Sen. John McCain's number two.
[...]
The user, who goes by the username "Bnguyen1114," has mostly focused on cleaning up portions of Harris' record as California Attorney General that contradict her claims of being a "progressive prosecutor." The editor removed mentions of her decision to not prosecute then-CEO of OneWest Stephen Mnuchin for alleged mortgage fraud-related crimes in 2013 and also removed a section on her support of prosecutors in Orange County who engaged in misconduct. In addition, the editor removed a 2003 quote from Harris when she was running against then-San Francisco District Attorney Terence Hallinan.

“It is not progressive to be soft on crime,” she said at the time.

Yeah, that line is not going to fare well in the modern pro-crime, anti-police Democratic Party ...

Someone is working very hard to dress up Kamala Harris' Wikipedia page, report finds

SF Gate said:
Left-wing website The Intercept notes that Harris’ page has been edited 408 times in the last three weeks, with most edits coming from one person. The article cited two similar incidents, including one story from The Atlantic in 2016 noting that Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine's Wikipedia page was heavily edited in the weeks leading up to his selection as former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's running mate, and another from The Washington Post in 2008 about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's Wikipedia page in the hours before being named Arizona Sen. John McCain's number two.
[...]
The user, who goes by the username "Bnguyen1114," has mostly focused on cleaning up portions of Harris' record as California Attorney General that contradict her claims of being a "progressive prosecutor." The editor removed mentions of her decision to not prosecute then-CEO of OneWest Stephen Mnuchin for alleged mortgage fraud-related crimes in 2013 and also removed a section on her support of prosecutors in Orange County who engaged in misconduct. In addition, the editor removed a 2003 quote from Harris when she was running against then-San Francisco District Attorney Terence Hallinan.

Yeah, that line is not going to fare well in the modern pro-crime, anti-police Democratic Party ...

And this type of editing goes unchallenged? So every politician’s page can read like an I’m So Great autobiography and others who would edit it cannot bring it to a point of neutrality?

SF Gate said:
[...]

And this type of editing goes unchallenged? So every politician’s page can read like an I’m So Great autobiography and others who would edit it cannot bring it to a point of neutrality?

Its an open wiki, not an edited volume. An "edit war" will likely ensue.

Just watched an interview on CSPAN with New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham. Very eloquent speaker. I think she would help clarify the Biden platform as it gets entangled in the back and forth with Trump. I like her. She was in the United States House of Representatives for 4 years, Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, the first Democratic woman elected governor of New Mexico, as well as the first Democratic Latina elected state chief executive in the history of the United States. Also served as Secretary of Health of New Mexico from 2004 to 2007. Sounds like a perfect fit.

I think Biden should refuse to debate. There was an editorial this morning that suggested that Biden should refuse to debate Trump unless Trump releases his tax returns. Biden has already released his and they are supposedly on his website. What is Trump hiding. Some people think he's. hiding he fact that he's not nearly as wealthy as he claims. That's how narcissistic the idiot is.
But being able to beat Trump over the head with ACA repeal and no replacement, and then making the COVID-19 curve go up while all the other nations were going down and then torching him over saying more deaths is progress (kind of takes Trump out of context, but fuck him) to leave him fuming. And then Trump tries to correct Biden saying he only said more people getting it meant progress. Make a big fucking bear trap and snare that fucker in it.

For the record, this is the fuller context for Harris' quote about crime:

Dr. Shannon Thyne, who coordinates the Department of Public Health's child sexual abuse program, works closely with the unit Harris heads at the City Attorney's Office. Together, they created a program to spot evidence of child sexual abuse in emergency rooms. While Thyne credits Hallinan with setting up effective programs to deal with those who prey on children — making it easier, for example, to remove young victims from abusers and put them into foster care — she says Harris has long been the mover and shaker on the issue.

As Harris campaigns in the Mission, a man on the street tells her that he likes Hallinan's “permissiveness.” Harris responds that people ought not to confuse “compassionate justice” with Hallinan's failure to prosecute property-destroying war protesters.

“It is not progressive to be soft on crime,” she says.

Oh man, did Kamala Harris get way too much botox done in too short a time. She always makes what should have been a good move into a disaster.

Went from being well above average attractive for a standardly aging middle-aged woman to being in a bad part of the uncanny valley. Biden has also had Botox and it was noted before.

Back
Top Bottom