• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

My favorite pickles are Bubbies, but pickles ave too much salt for me now to eat regularly.

My favorite potato chips are Kettle Brand, ad they do have a pickle flavored chip.

Once in a great while I will have pickles, potato chips, and sharp cheddar cheese. The best cheddar is Tillamok on the Oregon coast. Don't know how well it sells outside the PNW.

With coffee of course.

Fired up my cheap, little waffle maker. Ok, but I used cheap waffle mix with water. It needs milk and and egg. And blue berries. This waffle maker seems to be slow. I cooked my waffles until solid and browned them up in the oven broiler. I might have to try using some brown sugar and cinnamon in the mix. And maybe some almond flavoring. Maybe some sugar free miracle whip and strawberries.

Fired up my cheap, little waffle maker. Ok, but I used cheap waffle mix with water. It needs milk and and egg. And blue berries. This waffle maker seems to be slow. I cooked my waffles until solid and browned them up in the oven broiler. I might have to try using some brown sugar and cinnamon in the mix. And maybe some almond flavoring. Maybe some sugar free miracle whip and strawberries.
I haven't had homemade waffles since I was a kid. I remember they tasted great. RIP, Gramma Olga.

I haven't had homemade waffles since I was a kid. I remember they tasted great. RIP, Gramma Olga.

Waffle makers are cheap. Mine cost $10.00. But it makes small 4 inch waffles. Waffle makers are cheap thrills. You can make plain waffles or get creative. And of course, you can make big batches and freeze some for later. Maybe I will try chocolate waffles.

Waffle makers are cheap. Mine cost $10.00. But it makes small 4 inch waffles.
My wife bought one and she definitely has fun with it.

Eating some frozen figs. Just pick them, spread them out on a tray and when they're frozen put them into a gallon freezer bag. They are very easily bitten into even when straight out of the freezer. Very refreshing.

This morning was a quintessential English-style breakfast—sausages, eggs, toast, and of course, a steaming cup of coffee to kickstart the day. There's something so satisfying about the hearty spread, especially when paired with a rich, aromatic coffee. Speaking of which, I've recently delved into exploring the world of coffee machines, and let me tell you, stumbling upon the best Nespresso machines has been a revelation. The convenience and quality they offer make mornings feel like a delightful ritual.

This morning was a quintessential English-style breakfast—sausages, eggs, toast, and of course, a steaming cup of coffee to kickstart the day. There's something so satisfying about the hearty spread, especially when paired with a rich, aromatic coffee. Speaking of which, I've recently delved into exploring the world of coffee machines, and let me tell you, stumbling upon the best Nespresso machines has been a revelation. The convenience and quality they offer make mornings feel like a delightful ritual.
A full English breakfast includes bacon, baked beans, mushrooms and a hash brown, and is usually served with tea!

A full English breakfast includes bacon, baked beans, mushrooms and a hash brown, and is usually served with tea!
And some dark reddish mushy stuff that is completely unidentifiable even after eating it.
It was a bar in Kowloon before the Chinese took over. I was severely hungover and would have eaten anything.

And some dark reddish mushy stuff that is completely unidentifiable even after eating it.
It was a bar in Kowloon before the Chinese took over. I was severely hungover and would have eaten anything.
That might be whole canned tomatoes heated In a secret sauce. :)

What kind of secret sauce? Never mind.
I think it was black/blood pudding. I'm sure it was harboring plenty of its own secrets.

I think it was black/blood pudding. I'm sure it was harboring plenty of its own secrets.
fresh tomatoes are usually halved and grilled, and canned tomatoes have Worcestershire sauce or Lancashire relish.

One of the many things I like about colder weather is that is soup time. I am so lucky because my wife makes delicious soup, including chicken noodle!

Tonight we had spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce. I use crushed or puréed tomatoes cooked with cooked minced onion and minced garlic in some olive oil. I add some red pepper flakes, oregano and basil and let simmer for at least an hour. About 10 minutes before eating, I add some chopped mushrooms into the sauce.

One of the many things I like about colder weather is that is soup time. I am so lucky because my wife makes delicious soup, including chicken noodle!

Tonight we had spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce. I use crushed or puréed tomatoes cooked with cooked minced onion and minced garlic in some olive oil. I add some red pepper flakes, oregano and basil and let simmer for at least an hour. About 10 minutes before eating, I add some chopped mushrooms into the sauce.
I am looking forward to trying a spaghetti sauce in Cassie the Casserole. Much less work than stirring it every 15 minutes.

A "full English" breakfast isn't full without black pudding.

Back
Top Bottom