• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

I made cubed steaks with mushrooms, onions and brown gravy leftover from the pot roast I made last week. Eight minutes at 400 degrees in the air fryer and they came out perfect.
I am doing something similar with roast pork, but chopping it snd sautéing it with cabbage and onions. It’s tastier than it sounds. and the roast pork is slightly less calorific than the streaky bacon the original ’recipe’ calls for.

Hot dogs and potato salad.
I had planned to make potato salad today but since we can't use our water it makes it a little difficult to clean and boil the potatoes.
Isn't there a big lake around there somewhere?

For quick potato salad I microwave a potato. Clean, poke some hples. and put it in the microwave perched on a small cup. Cook 3 minutes and let steam. If I lay te potato downn on the platter its gets hard on the bottom.

Hot dogs and potato salad.
I had planned to make potato salad today but since we can't use our water it makes it a little difficult to clean and boil the potatoes.
Isn't there a big lake around there somewhere?

For quick potato salad I microwave a potato. Clean, poke some hples. and put it in the microwave perched on a small cup. Cook 3 minutes and let steam. If I lay te potato downn on the platter its gets hard on the bottom.
Oh, cool idea!

I’m having homemade 1/4 whole wheat bread (3/4 white - hubby’s preference, I like the seeds and nuts, but he’s like, “just barely not white for me, unless it is full-on german brick-hard bread) toasted with avocado on top. I neve knew “avocado taost” was even a thing until people starting mocking people for having it. So I tried it. I really like it. :)

Aha, I've got a plate of avocado toast in front of me right now. But I'm lazy, I let the coffeeshop make it for me.

I’m having homemade 1/4 whole wheat bread (3/4 white - hubby’s preference, I like the seeds and nuts, but he’s like, “just barely not white for me, unless it is full-on german brick-hard bread) toasted with avocado on top. I neve knew “avocado taost” was even a thing until people starting mocking people for having it. So I tried it. I really like it. :)
It is very good, nice and cooling, but its gotta have salt and pepper, and maybe a little tomato salsa. :)

Aha, I've got a plate of avocado toast in front of me right now. But I'm lazy, I let the coffeeshop make it for me.
LOL, I’m lazy, I wasn’t about to leave the house for mine.
Making it myself took 3 minutes to toast and 30 seconds to spread.
(I made the bread yesterday, that took 3 minutes of effort with the bread machine; I measure the ingredients, pour them in, hit start and walk away…)

Having a coffee shop make it for me would have required an eleven mile drive and a ten minute wait in line, and then an eleven mile drive home.

Home is definitely the lazy option here.

It is very good, nice and cooling, but its gotta have salt and pepper, and maybe a little tomato salsa. :)
Hmmm, that sounds good. I haven’t tried it with seasoning. Though I do like it when I add Reisling wine flour to the bread.

New form of China Fashion,

fry some onion in a big pot until soft. Add chopped bacon, and some ground beef, and when softened a bit, add cabbage. cook until soft.

the proportions of each ingredient are up to you.

serve with rice and/or fresh bread.

The kind of simple stuff I eat. Luch today.

I a;ws have tomato sauce, rie, and beans in the refrigerator.

Rice, beans, canned corn, and sauce heated in the microwave. A piece of bread on the side.

Nutritionally rice, beans, and corn are supposed to provide a complete protein. The combo does seem to give me an energy boost,

My ancient ice cream maker died so I just got a new one. I have some cream coming in from a food delivery today. I will be making black berry ice cream, and later, some peach ice cream. Or perhaps egg nog ice cream. Or some peppermint ice cream. I have some sugar free cranberry juice and frozen raspberries. I wll be doing some sherbets later on in the week. Since I am diabetic, I have to avoid sugar. Sugar free ice creams around these parts seem to be mainly confined to vanilla and strawberry. I am looking at various flavoring extract sources. Rum, butter scotch, peach, etc.

Later on this month, sugar free pies.

Tonight hubby made this salmon dish from the NYTimes for us, served with herb roasted potatoes and asparagus

Tonight hubby made this salmon dish from the NYTimes for us, served with herb roasted potatoes and asparagus

sounds amazing... Bilby doesn't eat Salmon, but I do.. maybe I could use the same sauce with Chicken for him, or a pork fillet. :D

I'm having beans and rice. It's one of my favorites. Sometimes the most simple dishes make delicious feasts, and I haven't had this for a while due to limitations in cooking. But I figured it out and now I'm ready to shovel it into my pie hole. I might have pancakes later to make the day perfect.

I'm having beans and rice. It's one of my favorites. Sometimes the most simple dishes make delicious feasts, and I haven't had this for a while due to limitations in cooking. But I figured it out and now I'm ready to shovel it into my pie hole. I might have pancakes later to make the day perfect.
I have a Chorizo and Vegetable pasta sauce in the fridge that we were supposed to have last night. We are having it tonight, and I am chopping up left over roast pork and adding it to it as well, and serving it with Penne Pasta.

I have a Chorizo and Vegetable pasta sauce in the fridge that we were supposed to have last night. We are having it tonight, and I am chopping up left over roast pork and adding it to it as well, and serving it with Penne Pasta.

*drool* omg that sounds wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom