• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What TV are you watching and how would you rate it? [Revive from FRDB]

Season two of Strange New Worlds has started. First episode was good, added Carol Kane as a new character, flustering Spock as she sees right through his plans. Second episode was the trial for the first officer, who was outed as a genetically enhanced human at the end of the first season. This felt like peak Star Trek, digging into law, morality, and rights.

Season two of Strange New Worlds has started. First episode was good, added Carol Kane as a new character, flustering Spock as she sees right through his plans. Second episode was the trial for the first officer, who was outed as a genetically enhanced human at the end of the first season. This felt like peak Star Trek, digging into law, morality, and rights.
Yep. We've been watching. Season 1 was great. The Season 1 Finale was super being an alternative timeline for the TOS Balance of Terror. Great stuff.

Stumbled across the new episodes of Mike Judge's Beavis & Butthead on Paramount Plus. I wasn't even aware that was a thing. Is there something wrong with me as late middle aged guy that I'm LMAO at it? The middle aged B & B riffing on youTube videos is pretty damned hilarious.

Stumbled across the new episodes of Mike Judge's Beavis & Butthead on Paramount Plus. I wasn't even aware that was a thing. Is there something wrong with me as late middle aged guy that I'm LMAO at it? The middle aged B & B riffing on youTube videos is pretty damned hilarious.

I got paramount for a few weeks just to watch it (and one other show) and I still found myself enjoying it. Same with the movie. It manages to stay grounded while still being absurd yet insightful at times.

"I don't like stuff that sucks. I only like stuff that's cool" is still one of the best lines in TV history. It encapsulates 99% of all people's tastes in everything.

Based On A True Story

A couple a little down on their luck finds out their plumber is a serial killer. Instead of turning him into the police they decide to interview him for a podcast series to make money. Suspense, tension, and drama ensue.

Original and quite well done. Plenty of twists. Well worth a watch.

The Muppets Mayhem 9/10

Surprisingly good series. A young woman wants to make it in the music business, but the label she works for is failing. She finds out they have an old contract for an album with Electric Mayhem, the band that started off playing for the Muppet Show, and went on to have 40 years of successful, never ending tours. The band has never actually produced an album, so it looks like a great opportunity! Of course, herding cats would be an easier job than getting the band to focus on the job.

Funny series, that adds surprising amount of depth to the muppet caracters. A TON of guest stars showing up, including Peter Jackson, who included a Feebles reference (if you don't know, don't look it up). The music is good, they even have an album for the show.

I’ve been watching “Suits” a lawyer drama. Not sure I will keep going. On the one hand, it’s not that the characters are all flawed and imperfect. But on the other, there is a LOT of manipulation and backstabbing that I don’t find enjoyable. ANd always on the edge of a crisis.

I’ve been watching “Suits” a lawyer drama. Not sure I will keep going. On the one hand, it’s not that the characters are all flawed and imperfect. But on the other, there is a LOT of manipulation and backstabbing that I don’t find enjoyable. ANd always on the edge of a crisis.
Not to mention it has Meghan Markle in it. That's reason enough for me to not watch it.

We are going to use some telephone hot spot data to stream the new Star Trek Strange New Worlds episode tonight.

I’ve started watching “The Good Wife” which is also a lawyer drama. There a case of the week structure but an underlying plot running through that keeps one’s interest (at least for now, I’m only half way through the first season).

Well, it's the only show that my wife agree on that is good!

Finished Secret Invasion. Loved the series up to episode six... where it just seemed to derail into what I considered a mess. It wasn't the greatest up to and including the climax, but it was the cleanup at the end that seemed very messy. It was like there was one or two more episodes of content they tried to squeeze into 1 or 2 minutes.
The battle between the two in the last episode was terribly anti-climatic and nonsensical even from a comic book perspective. Typically there is a montage involved with learning a power. A single power. These two were going through all of them as if it were no big deal. I'm sure there were super hero references I didn't catch, but ultimately, how does an invulnerable being die from a wound when they have self healing powers?

I thought the resolution was that Fury was luring the guy into the deep, creating a diversion to allow Talos's daughter to evacuate the base so that the Russians could bury the plant (with him and the baddie) with a bombing. I mean, why else take out the guards?

The President's reaction after Nick Fury was there the whole time made so little sense.

There is life all over the galaxy and they couldn't find a place for the displaced aliens?!

Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty.

I don't even like basketball, but this series has been really entertaining. I can't recommend it enough.

9/10

Back
Top Bottom