• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What TV are you watching and how would you rate it? [Revive from FRDB]

I finished up the first season of Yellowjackets, and ... eh.

I haven't started watching the second season. I've come to the conclusion that as a 53 year old white male, I'm probably not the demographic this show is trying to appeal to. Thus, no rating.

Wednesday's Survivor was the best episode of what has certainly been the best 44th season of any show I've ever watched.
I lack the attention span for movies as well as for most TV. But I record an hour of survivor and watch it without commercials, and it's a very entertaining 40+minutes... especially when an underdog player or coalition pulls off a long-shot "assassination" of a power player.

I'm watching The Diplomat on Netflix. I love it! The lead is Keri Russell, who starred on The Americans.

Lots of series have been made about White House or other high U.S. office. West Wing was good, but took itself a bit too seriously. Some of the other shows were almost just slapstick. The Diplomat is a perfect compromise. Cerebral and humorous. Enjoy!

I have been watching Cops on youtube. Car chases, dopers, and crazy people.
"Come out now or I'll send the dog in! You'll get bit!"
Dog: "Bark! BARK! Whinnnne! BARK,"

Fargo, season 1, 8/10; Streaming on Hulu and stars a slew of familiar faces including Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton and Bob Odenkirk. It is a Coen brothers production so plot lines are pretty wild, clever, subtle and not so subtle. Great performances from the ensemble cast keeps the action clipping along nicely. The action takes place in Bemidji, a small town in Minnesota. Thornton plays the part of a psycho killer who creates havoc and causes death to just about everyone he crosses paths with.

Fargo, season 1, 8/10; Streaming on Hulu and stars a slew of familiar faces including Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton and Bob Odenkirk. It is a Coen brothers production so plot lines are pretty wild, clever, subtle and not so subtle. Great performances from the ensemble cast keeps the action clipping along nicely. The action takes place in Bemidji, a small town in Minnesota. Thornton plays the part of a psycho killer who creates havoc and causes death to just about everyone he crosses paths with.
Kirsten Dunst is wonderful in season two. Hubby Jesse Plemons isn’t bad either. That series is well worth it.

Just watched The Night Agent on Netflix. Good political action suspense series that is far more realistic than the over the top stuff we see these days (like the recently watched Ghosted).

Just watched the final Star Trek Picard and I want to know what 7 said!
After being burned twice, I can't bring myself to watch the last season, Todd Stashwick and Terry Matalas notwithstanding.

I watched all 3 seasons and I only liked the 3rd. My boys liked the first two but not me.

Season 3 features these with significant parts

Picard
Worf
Riker
Data
Crusher
Troy
La Forge
7 of 9

You should give it a shot

Just watched The Night Agent on Netflix. Good political action suspense series that is far more realistic than the over the top stuff we see these days (like the recently watched Ghosted).
Yes. Liked the Night Agent. Well done show. Now watching The Diplomat. Very good

Yes. Liked the Night Agent. Well done show. Now watching The Diplomat. Very good
Hehe. I, too, moved on to The Diplomat. Enjoying it so far.

The Diplomat.

It's great! There are eight episodes so far. I binged them, which is rare for me. What's unheard of is that my wife binged them with me and we sometimes watched more than one episode a night.

Netflix, I think.

Avenue 5

an HBO series that is a comedy disaster show. Avenue 5 is basically a luxury cruise ship in space going around the solar system. An accident throws it off course so the 8 week trip will now take 3 years. The ship owner is on board, and is such a narcissistic, ignorant, arrogant fuck he makes Musk look ok. The ‘Captain’ (Hugh Laurie, House) is..uh.. not ideal, but at least he is trying. Each episode is new disasters, it is a train wreck you can’t help but watch. Like the literal shit-storm, a leak dumps tons of waste that orbits the ship. People are disgusted, until someone thinks they see the pope’s face in the shit-cloud.

Watching Mrs. Davis about a nun fighting a super intelligent AI that has taken over the world. Just realized ten minutes ago it's about free will. Then five minutes later realized it's also about fascism. I feel like it's my birthday. :)

Back
Top Bottom