• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What TV are you watching and how would you rate it? [Revive from FRDB]

Shogun (2024)

The lead actress is giving a super bland and wooden performance. Hard to take.

Fallout, just finished it. Awesome with the moral philosophy and game theory, characters, writing, acting, humor, I'd give it a 10/10.

I’ve started rewatching Killing Eve. I had watched a couple of seasons a while back but now all four are on Netflix. Despite the usual feminist trope of having all competent women with the men being mostly nincompoops it is enjoyable. However, I read reviews that the last couple seasons (especially 4) aren’t that good so my enthusiasm for getting back into it has waned. Any opinions?

I am watching Fargo Season 5. I'll score it 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. Co-stars who do a very good job include Jon Hamm and Jennifer Jason Leigh but it is the heroine played by Juno Temple who steals the show.

Fargo has always been one of my very favorite movies; I consider it the best of Coen & Coen's movies, and that's saying a lot!

Fargo TV is a sort of spinoff from the movie, with each Season an independent mini-series. I watched Seasons 1 & 2, thought 1 much better than 2 IIRC, but neither was in the same high class as the movie. I stopped watching Fargo TV.

But for some reason I stumbled on Season 5 a few days ago, and am binge-watching it now. It is an epic tale. In some ways it is much better than the movie.

I’ve started rewatching Killing Eve. I had watched a couple of seasons a while back but now all four are on Netflix. Despite the usual feminist trope of having all competent women with the men being mostly nincompoops it is enjoyable. However, I read reviews that the last couple seasons (especially 4) aren’t that good so my enthusiasm for getting back into it has waned. Any opinions?

I quit it after 3, which I struggled to finish.

Attack on Titan, first episode.

Rating: wtf/bbq

I agree with the reviews.

Back
Top Bottom