• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What will Trump do between now and January 20 at noon

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/politics/pentagon-defense-policy-board/index.html

Washington (CNN)The Pentagon has added more supporters of President Donald Trump to the Defense Policy Board following the removal of several high-profile members last month.

"Today, the Department of Defense announced that it intends to appoint former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, Ambassador Thomas Carter, Dr. Edward Luttwak, Mr. Scott O'Grady, Mr. Thomas Stewart, the Honorable Randy Forbes, Senator Robert Smith and Ambassador Charles Glazer to the Defense Policy Board," the Pentagon said in a statement.

Gingrich, a former Republican speaker of the House, has been an ardent supporter of Trump and has made baseless claims about the recent presidential election.

O'Grady who was nominated by Trump to be assistant secretary of defense for international security affairs at the Pentagon, has spread debunked conspiracies on Twitter that called Trump's election loss to Joe Biden a "coup" attempt and shared tweets that suggest Trump should declare martial law.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/28/politics/biden-foreign-policy-national-security-remarks/index.html

Biden says his transition team has 'encountered roadblocks' from Trump appointees

(CNN)President-elect Joe Biden on Monday said his transition team has "encountered roadblocks" from political leadership at the Defense Department and the Office of Management and Budget as his advisers work with the Trump administration.

"We just aren't getting all the information that we need from the outgoing administration in key national security areas," Biden said, after receiving a virtual briefing from members of his national security and foreign policy agency review teams.

"It's nothing short, in my view, of irresponsibility," he said.

The President-elect said his team "needs a clear picture of our force posture around the world and our operations to deter our enemies. We need full visibility into the budget planning underway at the Defense Department and other agencies in order to avoid any window of confusion or catch-up that our adversaries may try to exploit."

I don't know if it is deliberate obstruction on the part of Trumpsuckers or whether they're just a bunch of sycophantic fuckups. Personally, I suspect they couldn't do their jobs properly even if they wanted to so Biden's transition team might be better off without Trumpsucker's "support".

'I Regret Nothing': Doctor Who Criticized Trump Parade Works Last Day At Walter Reed

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/12/28/950806388/i-regret-nothing-doctor-who-criticized-trump-parade-works-last-day-at-walter-ree?utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&fbclid=IwAR16jFZ8JNBWeFUaxyJ3aDWYQRQfHMiICLApa5NUTGIrV_k9n26GqkWg3CY

Dr. James Phillips, the Walter Reed physician who criticized President Trump's decision to greet supporters outside the facility where he was being treated for COVID-19, has worked his last shift at the hospital. "I stand by my words, and I regret nothing," Phillips wrote on Twitter.

The doctor's pending removal from the work schedule at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center was reported in early December – two months after Phillips slammed the president's refusal to isolate himself. His announcement that he has now stopped working at the medical compound brought a new round of praise for Phillips, both for his work as a doctor and for speaking out.

When NPR contacted Walter Reed about Phillips' status on Monday, a representative stated that the doctor worked there as a contract employee.

The medical center "provides requirements for contract employees to the contract agency," the representative said. "The contract agency then works together with contract employees to determine individual schedules. There was no decision made by anyone at [Walter Reed National Military Medical Center] to remove Dr. Phillips from the schedule."

riiiiight.jpg

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/12/28/950806388/i-regret-nothing-doctor-who-criticized-trump-parade-works-last-day-at-walter-ree?utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&fbclid=IwAR16jFZ8JNBWeFUaxyJ3aDWYQRQfHMiICLApa5NUTGIrV_k9n26GqkWg3CY

Dr. James Phillips, the Walter Reed physician who criticized President Trump's decision to greet supporters outside the facility where he was being treated for COVID-19, has worked his last shift at the hospital. "I stand by my words, and I regret nothing," Phillips wrote on Twitter.

The doctor's pending removal from the work schedule at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center was reported in early December – two months after Phillips slammed the president's refusal to isolate himself. His announcement that he has now stopped working at the medical compound brought a new round of praise for Phillips, both for his work as a doctor and for speaking out.

When NPR contacted Walter Reed about Phillips' status on Monday, a representative stated that the doctor worked there as a contract employee.

The medical center "provides requirements for contract employees to the contract agency," the representative said. "The contract agency then works together with contract employees to determine individual schedules. There was no decision made by anyone at [Walter Reed National Military Medical Center] to remove Dr. Phillips from the schedule."

View attachment 31024

Ya I had read that the other day. There is no doubt in my mind that someone told them to get rid of the doctor. Someone at Walter Reed is lying.

[FBVIDEO]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTheYoungTurks%2Fvideos%2F910727619734676%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>[/FBVIDEO]..

What a child he is. Think of what every other outgoing President in living memory has done by this point: put a good face on things, invited his successor to a cordial meeting at the White House, opened the government to full cooperation. In other words, ACTED LIKE A MAN. It slays me that his followers think he's such a forceful, successful warrior, when he's so patently juvenile, irresponsible, and petulant. Fuck him. I hope the next couple years give him endless causes to pout.

One thing that's really impressive, given the badmouthing of Barr, Pence and others in his inner circle, is how totally friendless this sad excuse for a man is.

Hitler had his Goebels, Goering, etc. loyal to the end. Mao had an enormous following. Saddam Hussein had regiments of loyal Republican Guards; even Pol Pot had many faithful followers. Vladimir Putin is head of a large crime family happy to take orders from him.

But who does Trump have? Besides Joe the Plumber and Archie the Bigot and other deplorables that Trump treats as cannon fodder, he is surrounded with very few loyalists he hasn't insulted. Besides his children and the 76 year-old dotard Giuliani, who is there with a 100+ IQ still to stand with Trump? He would even discard Saint Jared in a flash if he thought that were the way to get into Ivanka's panties.

... He would even discard Saint Jared in a flash if he thought that were the way to get into Ivanka's panties.

This was a (slight?) exaggeration for satirical purpose. (Raise your hand if you didn't figure that out by yourself.) I stand by the other eight sentences in previous post.

He won't benefit politically from pardons now so will there be any reason for him to give any now? Seriously, i don't think he has ever repaid a favor unless he could benefit from it immediately and I don't think that he will now.

OK, I missed that one pretty badly.

He won't benefit politically from pardons now so will there be any reason for him to give any now? Seriously, i don't think he has ever repaid a favor unless he could benefit from it immediately and I don't think that he will now.

I don't think you did. "benefit politically" is a little too abstract for Trump, anyway. Someone, somewhere, is either paying for each pardon, or has convinced him there is money to be gained by tossing these paper towels to his base, sparking some donations.
download.jpeg
Maybe, small chance, he's thinking of his "legacy." That history books will be lenient if he shows clemency.
But probably money is changing hands.

I don't think you did. "benefit politically" is a little too abstract for Trump, anyway. Someone, somewhere, is either paying for each pardon, or has convinced him there is money to be gained by tossing these paper towels to his base, sparking some donations.
View attachment 31041
Maybe, small chance, he's thinking of his "legacy." That history books will be lenient if he shows clemency.

I think he's just building a crew of useful people with specific skill sets and an obligation to Trump. You can just look at the list and see the kinds of favors he'll be calling in.

View attachment 31041

I think he's just building a crew of useful people with specific skill sets and an obligation to Trump. You can just look at the list and see the kinds of favors he'll be calling in.

Whenever I throw a roll of paper towels to the crowd, I use a football passing motion, not a basketball shot . . .

View attachment 31041

Whenever I throw a roll of paper towels to the crowd, I use a football passing motion, not a basketball shot . . .

Nobody said he'd be competent about it, just sleazy.

Medal of Freedom anyone? How about Rep Jordan and Nunes?

article said:
Before he leaves office, President Donald Trump will award the nation's highest civilian honor to two of his most vocal political allies who defended him throughout his impeachment, Rep. Devin Nunes of California and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, as the White House has been inundated with requests for others, multiple sources told CNN.

Though it wasn't listed on his public schedule released by the White House, Trump on Monday will award the Medal of Freedom to Nunes, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee who is a close political ally of Trump's and who has worked closely with him to undermine the Justice Department's Russia investigation.

Trump is also considering granting the Medal of Freedom to Bobby Bowden, the retired Florida State University football coach.

You know, for all the Chavez references, he certainly seems to be acting banana republic.

ten to one the orange shitstain is really going to ramp up the anti-Iran rhetoric in the next few days.

He'll try to distract from all the stupid he did on the phone call with Raffenburger, and make a mess for the incoming Biden administration.

https://theconversation.com/are-the...ry-showdown-before-trump-leaves-office-152606
Over the weekend, Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, claimed Israeli agents were planning to attack US forces in Iraq to provide US President Donald Trump with a pretext for striking Iran.
.. . . . . . . .
Both the US and Israel have reportedly deployed submarines to the Persian Gulf in recent days, while the US has flown nuclear-capable B-52 bombers to the region in a show of force.

And in another worrying sign, the acting US defence secretary, Christopher Miller, announced over the weekend the US would not withdraw the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz and its strike group from the Middle East — a swift reversal from the Pentagon’s earlier decision to send the ship home.
Let's hope Iran can be patient enough to not respond until after the 22nd.

Medal of Freedom anyone? How about Rep Jordan and Nunes?

article said:
Before he leaves office, President Donald Trump will award the nation's highest civilian honor to two of his most vocal political allies who defended him throughout his impeachment, Rep. Devin Nunes of California and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, as the White House has been inundated with requests for others, multiple sources told CNN.

Though it wasn't listed on his public schedule released by the White House, Trump on Monday will award the Medal of Freedom to Nunes, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee who is a close political ally of Trump's and who has worked closely with him to undermine the Justice Department's Russia investigation.

Trump is also considering granting the Medal of Freedom to Bobby Bowden, the retired Florida State University football coach.

You know, for all the Chavez references, he certainly seems to be acting banana republic.

That’s okay. Gym and Devin both know as do we all why they are to receive this high honor. I would say, may they wear it with shame but...

ten to one the orange shitstain is really going to ramp up the anti-Iran rhetoric in the next few days.

He'll try to distract from all the stupid he did on the phone call with Raffenburger, and make a mess for the incoming Biden administration.

https://theconversation.com/are-the...ry-showdown-before-trump-leaves-office-152606
Over the weekend, Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, claimed Israeli agents were planning to attack US forces in Iraq to provide US President Donald Trump with a pretext for striking Iran.
.. . . . . . . .
Both the US and Israel have reportedly deployed submarines to the Persian Gulf in recent days, while the US has flown nuclear-capable B-52 bombers to the region in a show of force.

And in another worrying sign, the acting US defence secretary, Christopher Miller, announced over the weekend the US would not withdraw the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz and its strike group from the Middle East — a swift reversal from the Pentagon’s earlier decision to send the ship home.
Let's hope Iran can be patient enough to not respond until after the 22nd.

I hope they do.
I'm pretty sure that the smartest people in Iran realize that Trump is almost gone.

But I'm also sure that the political extremists in Iran realize that time is running out. Just like the political extremists in the USA are realizing the same thing.

If Iranian military extremists want to get their military boosted, this is the time to do it. Same for American military extremists.

This is the time for violence prone people to get what they want. Whether Iranian muslimists or American corporatists, the next couple of weeks are crucial if you want a war.
Tom

My choice to replace the celebrity singer on Jan. 20 singing the anthem: a special video on the big screen, with soft-focus, slo-mo close ups of Donald, Malaria, Ivanka, Don, Eric, Jared, over Sarah MacLachlan singing 'In the Arms of an Angel'. We all need a good cry.

For just $18 a month, you'll rescue a Trump from its abusers, provide shelter, golf carts, and legal retainers. Call in the next 15 minutes and you'll get this beautiful limited-edition tote bag and a photo of a Trump you helped to save.

Back
Top Bottom