• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Which movie did you watch today and how would you rate it?

Watched the repeat of the repeat of the repeat but wonderful and sad 2006 movie Eight Below. If by any chance you are a dog lover and haven't seen this little gem, I suggest you do so.

Two Antarctic explorers leave their beloved team of sled dogs behind

8/10

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, 7/10; I watched this movie again with the family. The movie itself gets 7/10 because it's an enjoyable little bit of fluffy entertainment. But the experience of listening to my wife sing along to all the songs was 10/10.

Captain Marvel (again) - Liked it better the second time around as I was a bit more forgiving of the She-Ra plot. 3 of 4

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, 7/10; I watched this movie again with the family. The movie itself gets 7/10 because it's an enjoyable little bit of fluffy entertainment. But the experience of listening to my wife sing along to all the songs was 10/10.

Couldn't you shut her up? There's nothing worse than the butchering of some great songs from great artists. ??????

Couldn't you shut her up? There's nothing worse than the butchering of some great songs from great artists. ������

LOL, no. I wasn't particularly watching the movie in the first place and my wife was having fun.

Couldn't you shut her up? There's nothing worse than the butchering of some great songs from great artists. ������

You have clearly never seen this film. The butchering was already complete.

You have clearly never seen this film. The butchering was already complete.

I couldn't watch it. Tried briefly, like for one minute, and I could not do it...:shrug:

It's a musical? Say no more! Wouldn't watch it for all the beer at my local bottle shop!

So you haven't seen The Blues Brothers? Shame on you.

I did watch the Blues Brothers and I would rate it a high 9/10 But really am not a fan of musicals. I think Paint Your Waggon and Clunk Eastwood breaking into song is what did the damage.

Ali's Wedding 8/10

In that tradition of aussie movies that tell a charming story with a vein of steely truth through it.

It's a musical? Say no more! Wouldn't watch it for all the beer at my local bottle shop!

So you haven't seen The Blues Brothers? Shame on you.

Probably hasn't seen The Who's "Tommy" :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DthtDjhqVOU

Or Grease.
Tommy (the motion picture) isn't a musical. It is an abhorrent acid trip captured on film. That there is a lot of soundtrack to it... which consists of an absurd amount of padded filler that makes tracks by The Police seem like long meticulously composed progressive rock tracks is irrelevant. The actual musical was a Tony award winning musical.

Dark Pheonix: Better than the reviews say, but the real problem (I think) is that it was all seen before.
Men in Black International: Not that funny, but very charming. That can just about cover the movie.
Toy Story 4: Really good, but I walked away thinking "Why though?" The third movie ended so well.
Childs Play (2019): Different enough from the original certainly, but you miss the original dark humour of the first movie though and the original voice actor. Good enough second half though.

Probably hasn't seen The Who's "Tommy" :rolleyes:
Tommy (the motion picture) isn't a musical.

It depends on how one defines a musical I suppose. Or is your complaint that you didn't like the movie, musical or not ?

It is an abhorrent acid trip captured on film. That there is a lot of soundtrack to it... which consists of an absurd amount of padded filler that makes tracks by The Police seem like long meticulously composed progressive rock tracks is irrelevant. The actual musical was a Tony award winning musical.

I've seen both the movie and the stage version. I enjoyed both but the stage version is the better experience of course.

Evita, the movie, was shit.

A Netflix movie Murder Mystery. It stars some very accomplished actors such as Terrence Stamp and Jen Astin among many others. A fair old fashioned who done it murder mystery. The only disappointment for me is that Adam Sanders is in the lead role. Not surprising since it's made by his movie vehicle Madison Production.

The plot is.........................A New York cop and his wife go on a European vacation to reinvigorate the spark in their marriage. A chance encounter leads to them being framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire.

A Netflix movie Murder Mystery. It stars some very accomplished actors such as Terrence Stamp and Jen Astin among many others. A fair old fashioned who done it murder mystery. The only disappointment for me is that Adam Sanders is in the lead role. Not surprising since it's made by his movie vehicle Madison Production.

The plot is.........................A New York cop and his wife go on a European vacation to reinvigorate the spark in their marriage. A chance encounter leads to them being framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire.

Yes, it looks interesting to me.

But I've made it this far in life without having seen an Adam Sandler movie, and I'm not going to weaken now.

Yes, it looks interesting to me.

But I've made it this far in life without having seen an Adam Sandler movie, and I'm not going to weaken now.

I saw the trailer and I am tempted to cave and watch as the trailer was decent and Jennifer Aniston is in it. But Adam Sandler :worried:

Back
Top Bottom