• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Which movie did you watch today and how would you rate it?

A Netflix movie Murder Mystery. It stars some very accomplished actors such as Terrence Stamp and Jen Astin among many others. A fair old fashioned who done it murder mystery. The only disappointment for me is that Adam Sanders is in the lead role. Not surprising since it's made by his movie vehicle Madison Production.

The plot is.........................A New York cop and his wife go on a European vacation to reinvigorate the spark in their marriage. A chance encounter leads to them being framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire.

Yes, it looks interesting to me.

But I've made it this far in life without having seen an Adam Sandler movie, and I'm not going to weaken now.

I saw the trailer and I am tempted to cave and watch as the trailer was decent and Jennifer Aniston is in it. But Adam Sandler :worried:

As bad an actor as Adam Sandler is, he's ten times worse in playing a straight role!

Bad Times At The El Royale

Lots of suspense and "What's really going on here?". Fine performances by Jeff Bridges and especially Lewis Pullman. Loses a couple points because the story is really implausible. 7/10.

Twins on Netflix. Another disaster of a movie from the Happy Madison vehicle of Adam Sandler. Beware, he plays both parts as the male/female twins of the title.

2/10

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Lacks the charm of the first, but still pretty good. Mid and end credit scenes, both worth watching that they boost my enjoyment of the movie.

Spoilers below.

JK Simmons is back as Jameson, if only briefly. Mid credit scene is a real WTf and in a good way. End credit scene shows us Phase Four

Into the Spider Verse - An effective film that has a unique method of storytelling, and a generally well thought out story itself. This could have easily been messed up, but wasn't.

3 of 4

To celebrate the 4th, we're watching Cheech and Chong movies. Right now, it's "Nice Dreams", a totally mindless movie to watch when you're stoned. If you've watched the Netflix series, "Disjointed" with Kathy Bates, you can see some scenes that influenced the writers of "Disjointed".

The funniest of all the Cheech and Chong movies, Up in Smoke provides a feast of gags for the
' sympathetically" minded or so says the reviewer who rates this at 2/10. I rate it at least a 3/10 :eek:

So power went out when we went to see A Star is Born in North Bend in February. We saw about five minutes of it then and it looked like it was not going to do well. So we got to stream it last night through Prime. Thirty minutes later after Gaga gave a pretty boomie concert piece we knew it was, as brits might say, Sheit. Click.

Independence Day: Resurgence 2016.

Two decades after they first invaded Earth, an alien race mounts another attack on the planet.

I love Science fiction if it's well done and not too far fetched as this movie is. If this alien race has the technology to get here from gawd knows where, surely they would take over the planet in a matter of a couple of hours.

The special effects are fantastic, and for that reason alone i rate it 6/10

American Made, 7/10; Stars Tom Cruise as drug smuggler Barry Seal who turns into a government informant against the Colombian drug cartel. The story is loosely based on real life events and there is a fair bit of Hollywood artistic license apparently but the action and pace of the movie makes it an entertaining romp.

So power went out when we went to see A Star is Born in North Bend in February. We saw about five minutes of it then and it looked like it was not going to do well. So we got to stream it last night through Prime. Thirty minutes later after Gaga gave a pretty boomie concert piece we knew it was, as brits might say, Sheit. Click.

I agree. It was sheit, a complete disappointment...

We watch movies every day now with HBO, Stars, Cinemax, Netflix, Hulu, Tubi (commersials), HXz, Akorn, Britbox, PBS, sometimes Sundance and Curiosity. Most of the time it's saw that, not interested, don't need more action, like that.

Still we manage at least one a day. Last night it was - this is not  the Sapphires - a light piece about an aboriginal girls group which called themselves The Sapphires went from westerns to Soul then went to perform in Vietnam during the unhappiness and agent orange. Aside: at least their gee caricature was better than Dundee. Very friendly treatment of the times around when aborigines became humans in Australia and a fair representation of soul at the time. 'joyed it.

Nice evening. No popcorn though. Rated it using Rotten Apples.

Got me remembering  Evonne Goolagong with all that chanting by commentators, like those on ABC, about her going into trances 'cause she was .... turns out she was only 16 when Australia came to it's senses about who are people.

Sometimes even movies can be triggers for understanding.

Back
Top Bottom