• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White college students: riot and destroy property. Police: “Meh.”

If your desire to insult people you don't know is the limit of your antisocial behavior, the money spent to to prevent you from committing crimes against life and property is certainly wasted and could be used for better purposes.

I haven't any desire to insult people: I have a desire to be able to express obvious truths without the State forbidding it.

As for the idea that funding the police is wasteful because I personally don't commit crimes against life and property, I don't know what to say to that. What a bizarre take. I'm funding police because of the crimes other people commit.

Obviously blacks are inferior.

Obviously Jews are evil and trying to control the world.

Obviously the Chinese are opium addicts.

Obviously no Irish need apply.

Obviously you want the State to decide what you are allowed to say and hear.

If your desire to insult people you don't know is the limit of your antisocial behavior, the money spent to to prevent you from committing crimes against life and property is certainly wasted and could be used for better purposes.

I haven't any desire to insult people: I have a desire to be able to express obvious truths without the State forbidding it.

As for the idea that funding the police is wasteful because I personally don't commit crimes against life and property, I don't know what to say to that. What a bizarre take. I'm funding police because of the crimes other people commit.

how in hell... is this not a violation of conduct expected on this forum?

I'm just going on the information you provided. You want to refer to others by a name they find demeaning and apparently it's become such a problem, the government has to spend money to address the issue.

In the meantime, it is also spending money to prevent you from doing things you weren't thinking about doing, so it maybe a wash.

You leave the impression of being someone who doesn't care how the police deal with other people, because you don't expect them to ever deal with you.

I was presenting a bunch of things that people used to consider obviously true, but all of which we now know to be false.

You're in the wrong place if your expectations include forbidding facetious commentary.

I'm just going on the information you provided. You want to refer to others by a name they find demeaning and apparently it's become such a problem, the government has to spend money to address the issue.

I believe governments should not have secular blasphemy laws, but that aside is not a problem with the police as such, but a problem with the legislature who made the laws.

In the meantime, it is also spending money to prevent you from doing things you weren't thinking about doing, so it maybe a wash.

The police is a public good. Not everybody benefits equally but everyone benefits. Saying "it's a wash" because most people don't need to be policed ignores that the police exist as a general deterrent and to deal with the aftermath of laws when they are broken.

Most countries have defence forces. A defence force is not a 'wash' if you can name countries that would never invade even without a defence force.

You leave the impression of being someone who doesn't care how the police deal with other people, because you don't expect them to ever deal with you.

Huh? How do you infer from my saying 'defund the police is a bad idea' that I 'don't care how the police deal with other people'?

Back
Top Bottom