• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who will be next out of Trump's kakistocracy?

Next to go?

• [STRIKE]H. R. McMaster[/STRIKE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [STRIKE]James Mattis[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Ryan Zinke[/STRIKE]

• Sonny Perdue

• Alex Acosta

• [STRIKE]Tom Price[/STRIKE]

• Ben Carson

• Elaine Chao

• Dan Coats

• [STRIKE]Nikki Haley[/STRIKE]

• Mick Mulvaney

• [STRIKE]Scott Pruitt[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Dina Powell[/STRIKE]

• Chris Liddell

• [STRIKE]George Sifakis[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Ricky Waddell[/STRIKE]

• Ivanka Trump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mick Mulvaney, President Trump’s former chief of staff, told CNBC he has resigned as special U.S. envoy to Northern Ireland.
Mulvaney said he called Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday night to tell him of his decision.
“I can’t do it. I can’t stay,” said Mulvaney, adding that Trump was “not the same as he was eight months ago.”
He said other officials may follow suit.

Mick Mulvaney, President Trump’s former chief of staff, told CNBC he has resigned as special U.S. envoy to Northern Ireland.
Mulvaney said he called Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday night to tell him of his decision.
“I can’t do it. I can’t stay,” said Mulvaney, adding that Trump was “not the same as he was eight months ago.”

:rofl: It cracks me up that these people are suddenly "fed up" two weeks before they'd be gone anyway. And "he's not the same as he was eight months ago"? Yeah, he's worse. People with NPD go into extinction bursts when they stop getting what they want. But eight months ago, he was a raging, delusional, vapid, conscienceless, infantile narcissist already.

I had no idea or forgot he was a special envoy now. Big drop from chief of staff / budget director / CFPB director.

:rofl: It cracks me up that these people are suddenly "fed up" two weeks before they'd be gone anyway. And "he's not the same as he was eight months ago"? Yeah, he's worse. People with NPD go into extinction bursts when they stop getting what they want. But eight months ago, he was a raging, delusional, vapid, conscienceless, infantile narcissist already.

Everyone knows Trump hasn't changed a bit since he was a two year old. These people should just admit that they were flat out wrong about him, kiss Nancy Pelosi's ruby slippers and beg her to save them from the crazies who've overrun Oz. The wiz has been exposed for the fraud that he is!

Elaine Chao(sp?), Mitch McConnell's wife and Trump cabinet member, just quit.

Elaine Chao(sp?), Mitch McConnell's wife and Trump cabinet member, just quit.

This might support the rumors that the cabinet is discussing the 25th amendment. Trump has banned VP Pence's chief of staff Marc Short from the West Wing. Trump's accounts have been closed by Snapchat, FB, Twitter, Instagram. Shopify is terminating stores affiliated with Trump. If nobody's left minding the store and no access to social media how can the administration practically function? It seems like a concerted attempt to isolate Trump. Now Pelosi is threatening impeachment hearings if the 25th isn't pursued.

ETA - Lindsey Graham just now saying he's concerned about getting through the next 14 days.

It will be harder to use the 25th though if cabinet members like Chao are quitting.

Though maybe she can see there is not enough of them against Trump.

It will be harder to use the 25th though if cabinet members like Chao are quitting.

But if there are fewer cabinet members, it's easier to reach a 'majority.'

The 25th Amendment requires "a majority of ... the principal officers of the executive departments".

If a department has no principal officer what happens?
If the department's "principal officer" is Fred from the mailroom because everybody else has quit, does Fred get a vote?

BTW blastula probably should've included Cheeto Mussolini in the list...

But if there are fewer cabinet members, it's easier to reach a 'majority.'

The 25th Amendment requires "a majority of ... the principal officers of the executive departments".

If the department's "principal officer" is Fred from the mailroom because everybody else has quit, does Fred get a vote?

More likely, they'll make one of the remaining members an 'acting' head for the resigned department head. Give him three hats and a tin whistle. And three votes.

More likely, they'll make one of the remaining members an 'acting' head for the resigned department head. Give him three hats and a tin whistle. And three votes.

Can someone beside the President name an acting cabinet secretary?

They can't be acting heads.

And it doesn't matter. Pence will never do it.

I think Pence will be the 2024 nominee if he does. Because then he will have been President for 2 weeks.

I think Pence will be the 2024 nominee if he does. Because then he will have been President for 2 weeks.

Presidential experience without precluding two full terms in office would be nice, but the Right is still going to blame him for betraying Trump.
Some of my relatives still hold Romney accountable for gay marriage being a thing.

Back
Top Bottom