• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who will be next out of Trump's kakistocracy?

Next to go?

• [STRIKE]H. R. McMaster[/STRIKE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [STRIKE]James Mattis[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Ryan Zinke[/STRIKE]

• Sonny Perdue

• Alex Acosta

• [STRIKE]Tom Price[/STRIKE]

• Ben Carson

• Elaine Chao

• Dan Coats

• [STRIKE]Nikki Haley[/STRIKE]

• Mick Mulvaney

• [STRIKE]Scott Pruitt[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Dina Powell[/STRIKE]

• Chris Liddell

• [STRIKE]George Sifakis[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Ricky Waddell[/STRIKE]

• Ivanka Trump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Attorney General Barr considering leaving post before Trump exits office, source says

Attorney General William Barr is considering leaving his post before January 20, the day President Donald Trump leaves office, a source with knowledge of the matter confirmed to CNN.

The source confirmed that Barr is not happy with Trump, writing that Barr "is not someone who takes bullying and turns the other cheek!"
"He has not made a final decision," the source said.
The New York Times was first to report on Barr's thinking. CNN has reached out to the Justice Department for comment.

Wow. How brave of him.

Yeah, have the fewest number of people at the helm is such a great idea. Trump would likely try to illegally appoint a temporary replacement (Michael Flynn?), while the GOP would protest such an unconstitutional act through silence and indifference.

Attorney General Barr considering leaving post before Trump exits office, source says

Attorney General William Barr is considering leaving his post before January 20, the day President Donald Trump leaves office, a source with knowledge of the matter confirmed to CNN.

The source confirmed that Barr is not happy with Trump, writing that Barr "is not someone who takes bullying and turns the other cheek!"
"He has not made a final decision," the source said.
The New York Times was first to report on Barr's thinking. CNN has reached out to the Justice Department for comment.

Wow. How brave of him.

1) Then he rejects the explicit teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm dismayed.
2) Does he know that Jesus is okay with 'the other jowl'? That's still doctrinally sound.

Good riddance, fucking end times zealot.

Waiting to see Betsy DeVos's dumb ass in the rear view, too.

Add Barr to the list. Will be gone by Christmas.

William Barr: US attorney general to leave post by Christmas

Mr Barr's term had been due to end on 20 January, when Mr Trump leaves office.

But an early departure had been predicted after he disputed Mr Trump's unsubstantiated election fraud claims.

Saw that one coming a mile away. Still, it might be good for the country to have the Dept of Justice in a bit of disarray over the holidays.

Side note: I'm unaccountably thrilled that this thread is about to become obsolete!

Barr's resignation letter is online now, and it's choice. Complete hero worship -- Kellyanne couldn't have added a gloss to it. Trump just received the first DRE-by-nose in medical history.

I'm really surprised that Barr did not go along with the election fraud lie. Given everything he's done, I am shocked to see him apparently behaving like a rational adult, at least in terms of the voter fraud bullshit.

I'm really surprised that Barr did not go along with the election fraud lie. Given everything he's done, I am shocked to see him apparently behaving like a rational adult, at least in terms of the voter fraud bullshit.

He likely doesn't want to be around when all the pardons are handed out, but I'm not going to confuse self preservation with decency.

He likely doesn't want to be around when all the pardons are handed out, but I'm not going to confuse self preservation with decency.

Yep, he's just a hair smarter than the other sycophants and knows there's not saving this sinking ship.

I still wonder from time to time about Paul Ryan retiring when he did. I listened to his goodbye speech and he was lying up a storm. I don't know if it was a malicious lie, maybe just personal reasons he didn't want to advertise or whatever, but he was clearly full of shit. There was no feeling behind his words. Anyway, I wonder if he recognized the shit storm they'd just elected and thought it best to just go off with whatever rewards he got for his gigantic tax gift to corporations and the wealthy and relax in the sun.

So yeah... wanna read quotes from "Barr's Resignation Letter"? (no... this isn't a joke... it isn't a joke I made up)

article said:
"Your record is all the more historic because you accomplished it in the face of relentless, implacable resistance," Barr wrote.

"No tactic, no matter how abusive and deceitful, was out of bounds," Barr went on. "The nadir of this campaign was the effort to cripple, if not oust, your administration with frenzied and baseless accusations of collusion with Russia."
To quote the crowd at a Boston Bruin's game after a call they didn't like "Bullshit! Bullshit! ..."

So yeah... wanna read quotes from "Barr's Resignation Letter"? (no... this isn't a joke... it isn't a joke I made up)

article said:
"Your record is all the more historic because you accomplished it in the face of relentless, implacable resistance," Barr wrote.

"No tactic, no matter how abusive and deceitful, was out of bounds," Barr went on. "The nadir of this campaign was the effort to cripple, if not oust, your administration with frenzied and baseless accusations of collusion with Russia."
To quote the crowd at a Boston Bruin's game after a call they didn't like "Bullshit! Bullshit! ..."

What a hypocrite. He's a boot-licker but can't stay around to bravely go down with his Fuhrer and the ship. But he's right about that "historic" part, technically speaking.

The white house must be getting pretty empty. Maybe it can get disinfected sooner than later.

article said:

Anyone think BARR wrote that? I think he showed up at the WH and was told, "This is your resignstion letter."

article said:

Anyone think BARR wrote that? I think he showed up at the WH and was told, "This is your resignstion letter."
The damn thing reads like the note from his "doctor".

I wonder if pre-written divorce letters exist, where Melania signs a document indicating the divorce is her fault and Trump was the best lover she ever had.

I wonder if pre-written divorce letters exist, where Melania signs a document indicating the divorce is her fault and Trump was the best lover she ever had.
If it's about her satisfaction, she wrote it. Maybe under duress, but she wrote it. If it's about his power, proficiency, girth, his stamina, his ability to perform under pressure, how he compares sexually to lesser men like Obama, Pelosi, Roosevelt....that's Danger Yam's work.

Bill Barr's Resignation Letter Perfectly Reflects His Entire Career
Twice, William Barr has been Attorney General of the United States. And twice he has proven to be a willing footman for political deceit and political corruption.

Esquire column by Charlie Pierce.

Twice, I have seen William Pelham Barr ascend to the office of Attorney General of the United States. That is two times too many for one lifetime. Twice now, as of Monday evening, I have seen William Pelham Barr leave the office of Attorney General of the United States. In many ways, that's been worse. Not that it's not good that he's gone, it's just that his leaving always seems to bring with it a carload of questionable decisions. Barr has certainly served his purpose, which was to run interference for a president* and an administration* that most closely resembled Bonnie and 50 Clydes. He defanged the Mueller report in public. He is the reason that Michael Flynn is free to incite sedition from a podium, and not meatloaf in a prison lunchroom.

And nothing quite became the job he did like the letter he wrote leaving it. It is written in what appears to be the closest thing this republic has for Courtier Speak. It is by turns insufferably self-important and cloyingly obsequious. I mean, Christamighty, even Machiavelli was against flattery of this truckling sort. Hamlet calls it "the candied tongue."

article said:

When I read it, I thought it was Sean Hannity resigning.

Melania Trump's chief of staff Stephanie Grisham, White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Matthews, and White House Social Secretary Rickie Niceta have all resigned tonight.

Rats, ship.

National Security Adviser Matt Pottinger also resigned. He was known for being one of the few mask-wearers at the White House.

Back
Top Bottom