• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Biden drop out? Who replaces him?

He either went voluntarily or he didn't and it makes no difference to me but I don't think you can be 100% certain that Brandon decided to withdraw of his own volition. Politics is a dirty game.

Look, I understand how difficult this is for you. You had your "Brandon" thing going, and that was so much fun that it never got tired for you. You poured your heart and soul into attacking "Brandon" as too senile and mentally unstable to be President. It was actually working, and Trump was surging in the polls. Not only did Trump feel betrayed and robbed when Biden withdrew, thanks largely to his strategic trash talk, but all of your efforts to destroy Brandon were too successful. You were the dogs that caught the car.

So now Trump, with your staunch support, is pursuing the idea that somehow people can be duped into believing that poor Joe Biden was forced out. It was a "coup" according to Trump, having heard that word "coup" repeated a lot in some other context. So carry on. I'm sure you've got most of the Trump horde convinced that he didn't leave of his own free will, even though his own staff wasn't aware he would do it just a few hours before his announcement. Look, maybe you'll get your second wish--that Biden resigns the presidency. You would catch that speeding car again! Harris would be flying to campaign events as the 47th POTUS--the first woman president--and Tim Walz would be the VP. Trump would need to rethink Agenda47 and a lot of merch with the number 47. So you gotta hope that Brandon stays healthy and in office for the remainder of his term.

Why was Biden put on so late at night? I would have thought the sitting President deserved an earlier time.

The DNC took a lot of criticism for that, but Chicago in the Central Time zone, so it was always going to be scheduled a little later. On the West Coast, the keynote speaker comes on at around 8 pm, but it is 11 pm in the Eastern Time zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
He either went voluntarily or he didn't and it makes no difference to me but I don't think you can be 100% certain that Brandon decided to withdraw of his own volition. Politics is a dirty game.

Look, I understand how difficult this is for you.
lol, you read far too much into these things.

You had your "Brandon" thing going, and that was so much fun that it never got tired for you. You poured your heart and soul into attacking "Brandon" as too senile and mentally unstable to be President.
Again, you read far too much into these things. But it’s not my doing that Brandon either jumped or jumped before he was pushed. The old duffer was not fit for another term. Everyone could see it. Well everyone but Brandon maybe.

It’s such a shame that Newsom won’t get a run at the presidency. His window of opportunity just closed.

Last edited:
He absolutely could not. His party would not allow it. He tried to stay in it but wasn't allowed to.
Bullshit.

He was vastly better than Trump, but he was losing and he knew it. He stepped aside and cleared the way towards victory for the People.

And it's working. Everyone knows it. As People, all the really smart people, are saying, "Trump is getting his ass kicked by a colored chick, and Vance is kinda weird."
Everybody is saying it. (even Fox).
Tom
"...a colored chick"? Hmm. Well, its better than calling her "a girl"...I think. Actually, I don't really know. Oh, nevermind.

He absolutely could not. His party would not allow it. He tried to stay in it but wasn't allowed to.
Bullshit.

He was vastly better than Trump, but he was losing and he knew it. He stepped aside and cleared the way towards victory for the People.

And it's working. Everyone knows it. As People, all the really smart people, are saying, "Trump is getting his ass kicked by a colored chick, and Vance is kinda weird."
Everybody is saying it. (even Fox).
Tom
"...a colored chick"? Hmm. Well, its better than calling her "a girl"...I think. Actually, I don't really know. Oh, nevermind.
Yeah, I also referred to Harris as a girl.
Nobody complained.

Doubtless because the context was agreeing with the general ideological perspective here on IIDB.
Tom

General ideological perspective? Wazzat?
The average of all IIDB posters’ disparate individual ideological perspectives?
A cumulative perspective?
A median perspective?
There doesn’t even seem to be consensus here that an external “reality” exists, let alone about nuances of its alleged existence.

What are you suggesting? That one day Senile in Chief says "I will resign from running again only if almighty tells me to"
The next day he is like "On a second thought......"
Of course there was a fucking coup, senile piece of shit did not want to go, despite it being as clear as day that democrat elders were telling him to go.
You said he was dead. Why are you still talking? Just delete your account already.
Where did I say that?

Here.

Let's wait and see if Biden actually confirms all that in person in front of camera and journalists.

Just watched the video of Kamala supposedly talking to Biden (audio only from Biden)
She called Biden talking "recording". The voice was like Biden few years back, not recent one.
I think the POS is either clinically dead or does not want to talk.
So? I said he is either clinically dead or does not want to talk. Turned out that it was the latter.
Learn the difference between speculations (rhetorical ones at that) and claims.

What are you on about? My party? Look, I don't have a party.
There's a reason why literally nobody on this forum was the least bit surprised when you said you were voting for Trump this election. If you spend some time thinking about it, you might figure out why.

Unfortunately, the smart money says you'd most likely prefer to make an obtuse and obnoxious conclusion instead. Something along the lines of, "the only reason everyone thinks that is because they're all wrong and can't possibly 100% know exactly what I'm thinking at any precise moment". Past behaviour predicting future behaviour and all that.

A median perspective?
There doesn’t even seem to be consensus here that an external “reality” exists, let alone about nuances of its alleged existence.
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe there's a secret IIDB handbook or memo going around that we don't know about that has guidelines on acceptable word choice(s). It would be helpful to have that. For example, I have discovered here over the years that you can recklessly call someone here a racist, white supremecist or a cunt, but don't use the word "girl" when referring to a woman, or call someone retarded.

Last edited:
A median perspective?
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe there's a secret IIDB handbook or memo going around that we don't know about that has guidelines on acceptable word choice(s). It would be helpful to have that. For example, I have discovered here over the years that you can recklessly call someone here a racist, white supremecist or a cunt, but don't use the word "girl" when referring to a woman, or call someone retarded.
You display a shocking lack of understanding of the TOU and rules of the forum. Which is remarkable that you have avoided learning despite spending 23 years here.

I answer this as a PSA from a moderator:
:staffwarn:
None of those are acceptable. You may not directly insult any member of the forum. You may call their IDEAS racist, or their ARGUMENT supremacist. But no, it is not nor ever has been okay to call someone racist. That’s an ad hom, an insult, and a violation of the TOU.

And to make sure we do not devolve into a discussion of rules outside of the Private Feedback forum, which would be against the TOU, I will just refer you directly to the IIDB handbook that is NOT secret: the TOU and it’s clarification page - linked at the bottom of every single page as “Forum Rules” - so that you can update your understanding.

So? I said he is either clinically dead or does not want to talk. Turned out that it was the latter.
Learn the difference between speculations (rhetorical ones at that) and claims.

They're both absurd and delusional claims.

It’s such a shame that Newsom won’t get a run at the presidency. His window of opportunity just closed.

It must come as a great relief to you that he will continue to be your governor. I'm very happy for you. You've still got your hobbyhorse to complain about. :hobbyhorse:

I was actually looking forward to the insufferable prick making an ass of himself on a bigger stage and getting rid of him at the same time.

But alas, unless there is a successful recall he will see out his term as governor of California and hopefully fade into obscurity, maybe an ambassadorship to some far off land.

It must come as a great relief to you that he will continue to be your governor. I'm very happy for you. You've still got your hobbyhorse to complain about. :hobbyhorse:

I was actually looking forward to the insufferable prick making an ass of himself on a bigger stage and getting rid of him at the same time.

But alas, unless there is a successful recall he will see out his term as governor of California and hopefully fade into obscurity, maybe an ambassadorship to some far off land.
I wouldn’t fret. He’s a younger guy. Newsome is going to be around for awhile.

I wouldn’t fret. He’s a younger guy. Newsome is going to be around for awhile.
I'm surprised that TSwizzle thinks the election is over and Harris is a sure thing.

I'm surprised that TSwizzle thinks the election is over and Harris is a sure thing.
What makes you think he thinks that? Just running would have let him make a bigger ass of himself on a bigger stage...
I think Swiz will be surprised if Kami wins and Donny's ensuing coup attempt fails. Maybe not though - Santa Monica might be full of self satisfied RW millionaires, but it is STILL in California.

What makes you think he thinks that? Just running would have let him make a bigger ass of himself on a bigger stage...
I think Swiz will be surprised if Kami wins and Donny's ensuing coup attempt fails. Maybe not though - Santa Monica might be full of self satisfied RW millionaires, but it is STILL in California.
The statement below is only accurate if Harris wins in 2024, meaning she'll almost certainly be the candidate in 2028, which tempers Newsom's chances as he'll be outside of the Governor's office for a bit in 2032. If he thought Harris would lose, Newsom would be among those most likely to make a run in 2028.

Back
Top Bottom