• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will WWIII Break Out?

4) Accidentally, such as Russian air incursions in a tense situation result in someone shooting someone down and all hell breaks loose. Pilots do get lost sometimes.

I think this scenario is very unlikely. There have been a decent number of incidents in the cold war of shots being fired at units that entered enemy territory. The military people on both sides understand what happened and it never goes beyond words even when the intrusion was deliberate.

(On the other hand, just how sane is Putin?)
True. But it’s never been this tense before.

The military leadership will understand. Note, for example, that Russian plane that Turkey shot down a while back--Moscow wasn't pleased but the guys with the guns understood that Turkey was within the rules, nothing came of it.

Such accidents would only become an issue if somebody at the top is stupid enough not to listen. I think the generals would have controlled His Flatulence if there was an incident, but we just don't know what the controls are like in Moscow.

There are lotsa problems sending jets.
But 7 billion dollars will buy enough SAMs to secure the airspace over Ukraine.
Unfortunately there will still be shelling coming from emplacements at nuclear power plants. Jets were never going to fix that.

Poland supplies MiG-29’s to Ukraine
Ignore this noise. It was polish ingenious plan to replace that useless junk with F-16s
Hey! Was worried about you. Hadn’t heard from you and thought Putin was blocking IIDB.

so what do you think of bombing maternity hospitals?F86C2615-E335-4E84-BD61-F26F2A9E8C25.jpeg598256F7-3ACE-4545-9806-A6A1BF30DCE7.jpeg

Real or fake news?

is this an invasion? War? What?

Unfortunately there will still be shelling coming from emplacements at nuclear power plants. Jets were never going to fix that.
Poland supplies MiG-29’s to Ukraine
Ignore this noise. It was polish ingenious plan to replace that useless junk with F-16s
And speaking of AD, what do you think about this Russian helo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! Was worried about you.
I have been busy developing proper British accent :)
What news sources can you access In Russia?

im curious your take on this battle outside Kiev.

the entire regiment turned and fled. Commander killed. seriously, you guys aren’t doing well. Two weeks on and it’s a quagmire for sure. Deadly one for Russian soldiers.

Everything? Except Facebook of course.

I am not a military expert. Lets assume your media is right, and russian strategy sucks, and US strategy works, so what?

Tanks are useless in modern war, I believe Pentagon made that determination long time ago.

Reactions: SLD
Russia has called a UN security council meeting about Ukraine's alleged chemical weapons. As is typical of Russian discourse, they're accusing their opponent for the things they are doing or intend to do. I fear that Putin might use chemical or biological weapons and then blame it on Ukraine.

Everything? Except Facebook of course.

I am not a military expert. Lets assume your media is right, and russian strategy sucks, and US strategy works, so what?

Tanks are useless in modern war, I believe Pentagon made that determination long time ago.
Thanks. I was really curious about internet censorship in Russia. I would have thought he would block access to sources like CNN and BBC.

But tanks are not useless. but you do have to protect them from air and other threats.

I occasionally wonder, idly, whether the Theory of Everything will precipitate from human ingenuity and cleverness before human ingenuity and cleverness destroys itself, or whatever mind was hatching it.

Right now we are so fucking close we can taste it, something that demands that Reality Itself is Mathematically constrained and describable.

But we are so close to an apocalypse too. Which will happen first? Will whatever minds metastasize this truth before the first book of meat and flesh that prints it be burned in nuclear fire?

The suspense is killing me...

There isn't just an infinite inventory of SAMs about. Nor could they make effective use of something like the Patriot--it would get killed by anti-radiation missiles.

The Stinger is potent enough to be a threat to attacking aircraft. Perhaps they could use some of the old Chaparral systems--vehicle mounted Sidewinders.

Back
Top Bottom