• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will WWIII Break Out?

One of the surprises of this war seems to be the unusual effectiveness of cheap-ass Turkish drones. If you can get 40 cheap drones at the price of one American-made Predator drone, it might very well be a better investment. And manned aircraft are even more expensive.

It depends on what you're doing with them.

Those Turkish drones aren't capable of carrying out any of the missions the Predators normally do. A Predator could be striking targets hundreds of miles inside Russia. The Turkish drones don't even do 10 miles, they're a battlefield weapon only.

However, if all you need is a battlefield weapon they're a lot more bang for the buck.

Seems the Russian military might have had an easier go of it had they attacked during the pro-Putin, anti-NATO Trump administration. Trump would have just sat there watching it on TV until congress got their bipartisan shit together. Even then he might have slowed any US response congress would have approved.
I wonder why Putin waited? Unless he seen Trump as too unpredictable, likely to look to the conflict for opportunities to make himself look good politically without foresight. If so, this would be a tell that Putin is bluffing in regards attacking a NATO country or using nukes. He wanted to wait for stability in the US government.
I think Biden is showing a timidity in his military dealing with Russia. I think we could press the fight. Attempt to put an end to this soon. The Russian military doesn't seem to be particularly jazzed about the fight now. How would they feel seeing a well trained and confident US military treating them like so many killer tomatoes?

I'm getting the impression sanctions are going to hit harder and faster than expected. I've noticed a couple crybaby moneygrubber articles about "economic contagion". Here too, I hope the press is maintained until Putin is replaced with a human being. Maybe even press Russia to get rid of its nukes.

With the Russian military looking so much more pitiful than I had expected and the economic sanctions, I hope this will all be over within a month. And I hope we do not go back to business as usual. This looks like it could be an opportunity to finally erase the "Evil Empire" moniker from Mother Russia. It would surely wipe the smirk off Xi Jinping's face.
Biden is not timid. It takes intelligence and self control and he's done a masterful job of working with NATO allies to put their full force behind Zelenski/Ukraine. Everybody with any sense at all is doing their utmost to avoid WWIII and to still manage to beat back Putin. That, of course, is Putin's real power: a credible threat that if he can't have whatever he wants of Ukraine, no one will have it--or anything near it for the next 25 years or more.

Sorry, but the British claim to the US East Coast is trumped by the Spanish claim to all lands in the Americas west of the meridian established by the 1494 Treaty of Tordesillas.

Is that the one where an Italian Pope settled the competing claims, with God's Authority?

Oh wait, no. I think that was the competing claims between Spain and Portugal.
Tom
Well obviously you need a European to decide these things.

I mean, it would be absurd to ask the folks who already lived there.
Some of them didn't even have flags when they were discovered by Europeans. Savages!

Someone should write the narrative describing why these countries might "actually belong to Russia after all".

I've been contemplating that, but rather as how Russia actually belongs to Ukraine. There's plenty of history to back up that claim and it goes way further back than the conditions Pootey cites as cause to believe the opposite.
that's sort of the inverse of what I was saying... but ya, the cities of Ukraine predate the cities of what is russia today.

Back
Top Bottom