• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

You're a burglar...

I think it is to make the bulbs look like they are there, but they won’t go on.

Yes. Rather than take the bulbs, just loosen them to where they don't light. The resident must then screw each and every bulb back down. Probably after uselessly fiddling with the fuse box.

Ah, gotcha. OK. Well then how do we set it up so that all the bulbs pop when turned on? Because I really like that idea.

Chair in the home office, I am stealing the little arm below the seat that fixes/stops the chair's ability to lean back . . .

Take the railings from the inside of the refrigerator doors.

Unscrew every light in the house JUST far enough the circuit is open.

Once upon a time (many many moons ago), when a couple of our college friends got married, we [~a dozen of our friend-group] snuck into their apartment while they were on their honeymoon, and collected ALL of their lightbulbs (including the nightlights, the desk-lamps, the flashlights, and the one in the fridge...) and left them in a box in the middle of the living room.... and mummied the box with duct tape.

On their first anniversary, we all gave them lightbulbs (in addition to proper gifts; we're not completely heartless!).

Unscrew every light in the house JUST far enough the circuit is open.

Once upon a time (many many moons ago), when a couple of our college friends got married, we [~a dozen of our friend-group] snuck into their apartment while they were on their honeymoon, and collected ALL of their lightbulbs (including the nightlights, the desk-lamps, the flashlights, and the one in the fridge...) and left them in a box in the middle of the living room.... and mummied the box with duct tape.

On their first anniversary, we all gave them lightbulbs (in addition to proper gifts; we're not completely heartless!).

My first boat, i relieved a guy who used to turn off the lights on his way out of the compartment. Every time, so every 18 hours.

Waited 2 months, they rewrote the watchbill, he relieved me.
I turned on every single light in MCC. Then unscrewed the waterproof covers and took out the starters, sealed it back up.
He relieved. I turned the lights out on the way off.
He searched high and low for those starters.
He sent his support tech to supply to order 68 starters to bring the lights back on. When he finished, he went to put the paperwork in the supply locker....which is where he found the bag of starters....

Fridge lightbulb(s), bookmarks, batteries in the remote controls, toilet seat lid, drawer and cabinet knobs/handles, bookshelves (not the books), forced air heat vents, hoses to the washer, dryer vent hose, junk drawer.

I'd take their gravity so that when they come through the door their cats will be floating in the air.

I think it is to make the bulbs look like they are there, but they won’t go on.

Yes. Rather than take the bulbs, just loosen them to where they don't light. The resident must then screw each and every bulb back down. Probably after uselessly fiddling with the fuse box.

Ah, gotcha. OK. Well then how do we set it up so that all the bulbs pop when turned on? Because I really like that idea.

To do that you would have to replace them with low voltage versions. I've had the reverse happen--I needed a test rig to talk to a piece of equipment, somebody at the factory didn't check the specs. The relays were rated for IIRC a max of 24V. They gave me a box wired to run line power through a set of small light bulbs. Fortunately it only destroyed the controller card and not the whole computer but that wasn't cheap.

(Lights are rarely entirely on their own circuit, if you go to the breaker box and rewire the lines for 240V you'll blow many things that are plugged in.)

To do that you would have to replace them with low voltage versions. I've had the reverse happen--I needed a test rig to talk to a piece of equipment, somebody at the factory didn't check the specs. The relays were rated for IIRC a max of 24V. They gave me a box wired to run line power through a set of small light bulbs. Fortunately it only destroyed the controller card and not the whole computer but that wasn't cheap.

(Lights are rarely entirely on their own circuit, if you go to the breaker box and rewire the lines for 240V you'll blow many things that are plugged in.)

Not around here you won't. Everything here's already wired for 240V.

Back
Top Bottom