• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

You're a burglar...

View attachment 32329

Batteries for the remote.

The lint trap from the dryer.

And here's one that really hits close to home for me...

The knobs off the stove. ESPECIALLY if it's a high-end stove.

We built our house 25 years ago, and opted for a really nice Dacor® cooktop.
Over the years a couple of the knobs got loose. I shimmed them and that worked for while, but one finally broke.
Wife went online. The cost for replacement knobs for that model:
$57.00 USD - EACH! More looking: Similar one: $22.69 each from Walmart with the Dacor brand name.
Finally bought a whole set of generic ones for $7 and they work better than the originals.

View attachment 32329

Batteries for the remote.

The lint trap from the dryer.

And here's one that really hits close to home for me...

The knobs off the stove. ESPECIALLY if it's a high-end stove.

We built our house 25 years ago, and opted for a really nice Dacor® cooktop.
Over the years a couple of the knobs got loose. I shimmed them and that worked for while, but one finally broke.
Wife went online. The cost for replacement knobs for that model:
$57.00 USD - EACH! More looking: Similar one: $22.69 each from Walmart with the Dacor brand name.
Finally bought a whole set of generic ones for $7 and they work better than the originals.

We have an old Jenn Air stove. Dates back to the 70's but it's black, chrome and stainless steel so looks modern still. The knobs were all worn and unreadable. I found a set on eBay for $125. I snatched them up and really helped update the look of the stove.

Silverware holder from the dishwasher.

Dimmer switches (the round ones that pop off).

The strike plate from every door frame.

You’re a burglar, but you can only steal things that mildly inconvenience your victims. What do you take?

One of each pair of socks.

Unscrew every light in the house JUST far enough the circuit is open.

I'm guessing this means that turning the lights on will make all the bulbs pop?

I think it is to make the bulbs look like they are there, but they won’t go on.

Yes. Rather than take the bulbs, just loosen them to where they don't light. The resident must then screw each and every bulb back down. Probably after uselessly fiddling with the fuse box.

Back
Top Bottom