• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden still 1000x better than Trump or any other GOP, people are saying

Yes, and Russian policies have nothing to do with the oligarchy
Yeah, freedom, democracy. I've heard this million times.
Unfortunately, as I said before, think tanks papers and many dumbasses in Congress (paid by oligarchy) say something different.

You make it sound like the US is operating some clandestine service within the borders of your country.
Really now. You're just being paranoid.
I'm with barbos on this one. I cannot believe the U.S. stopped doing that.

That's part of what made Trump such a disaster. His tendency to blab about stuff he knew almost nothing about, but the intelligence agencies who were listening did. They could easily figure out all kinds of things damaging to U.S. security. Trump was a very useful idiot.
Tom
Yes I know. I was joking. In fact they even called it Clandestine Services before changing the name to Directorate of Operations.

There was no funding until you took part of Ukraine in 2014.
According to Nuland there was. In fact, US has been funding everybody, including ..... Russia, that is US is funding russian "opposition" and general unrest.

You considering it part of Russia doesn't make it so.
Sorry man, they voted to leave. And even if they did not, it would still be de-facto Russia.
Otherwise bye-bye Texas, cause it's Mexico :)
We didn't install anything. It's just your puppet got uninstalled.

First, you did. Secondly even if you did not it would not matter. Russian security trumps Ukraine desire to do shit.
US will occupy Mexico in no time if maidan happens there.
In most cases it's very easy to tell terrorists from freedom fighters--look at their targets.
If it's so easy why all your freedom fighters turned out to be terrorists?
I have to wonder how many people find this subtle threat to be credible enough to report to the CIA? I wonder if Russia is actually funding revolution in Mexico?

Babs didn’t know about Cheato’s 30,000 documented lies …

There was no funding until you took part of Ukraine in 2014.
According to Nuland there was. In fact, US has been funding everybody, including ..... Russia, that is US is funding russian "opposition" and general unrest.

You considering it part of Russia doesn't make it so.
Sorry man, they voted to leave. And even if they did not, it would still be de-facto Russia.
Otherwise bye-bye Texas, cause it's Mexico :)
That "election" was rigged and didn't even have the option of status quo ante on it.

We didn't install anything. It's just your puppet got uninstalled.

First, you did. Secondly even if you did not it would not matter. Russian security trumps Ukraine desire to do shit.
US will occupy Mexico in no time if maidan happens there.
No. You have no business outside your borders unless you're actually being attacked.

In most cases it's very easy to tell terrorists from freedom fighters--look at their targets.
If it's so easy why all your freedom fighters turned out to be terrorists?
Who are you talking about?

Seen elsewhere...
1. After, "in his first year in office, employers added 6.6 million jobs, an all-time record, per CNN, for a president's initial 12 months in office. In January 2023, the country's unemployment rate dropped to its lowest point in more than half a century.

2. "2022 Inflation Reduction Act; as The New Republic’s Timothy Noah pointed out in September, “hourly wage increases exceeded inflation for the first time in two years” this past summer."

3. 'Similarly, The White House’s late-August release of the first 10 drugs that will qualify for Medicare price negotiations marked a major step forward in a long-awaited democratic priority expected to “unfold over the coming months, with the new prices taking effect in 2026,” according to The New York Times.'

4. "Less than one year into his term, Biden signed a $1.2 trillion dollar bipartisan infrastructure package into law, the effects of which have finally begun to be felt some two years later."

5. " Bipartisan Safer Communities Act in June 2022, it had been stripped of the assault weapons ban, high capacity magazine ban, and universal background checks" by the conservative controlled Supreme Court that Trump and McConnell put in place.

6. "(The Biden Admin.) has outpaced the three previous administrations while placing more than 100 new judges — many of them women and/or people of color — on the bench at both the appellate and, in the case of Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, the Supreme Court level."

And the last things?

Nov. 3, 2020:

1. "the Department of Defense (DoD) announced additional security assistance to meet Ukraine's critical security and defense needs. This includes the drawdown of security assistance from DoD inventories valued at up to $125 million to meet Ukraine's immediate battlefield needs, as well as $300 million in Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) funds to strengthen Ukraine's air defenses over the long term.

This announcement includes the Biden Administration's fiftieth tranche of equipment to be provided from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021, including additional air defense capabilities, artillery ammunition, anti-tank weapons, and other equipment to help Ukraine counter Russia's ongoing war of aggression.
This package utilizes assistance previously authorized for Ukraine during prior fiscal years under Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA). Specific capabilities in this package include: See link for list)"

Nov 15, 2023:
"WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, two years after President Biden signed the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced up to $3.5 billion from the Infrastructure Law to boost domestic production of advanced batteries and battery materials nationwide.

Nov. 15, 2023:
"Biden on Tuesday announced another investment of $6 billion from two of his signature legislative achievements – the Inflation Reduction Act and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law – to “make communities across the country more resilient to climate change.”

Includes:
An additional $3.9 billion toward strengthening the electric grid,
will award $2 billion to local projects that use clean energy to respond to climate challenges, $300 million to communities to reduce the impacts of future floods and the Department of Interior will designate $100 million for upgrades to infrastructure that enhance drought resilience.

The White House has announced it plans to use a cold-war era law to ease supply chain issues that the administrations argues are contributing to higher inflation – a key electoral challenge to Joe Biden’s re-election chances next year as polling consistently suggests voters are not buying his Bidenomics pitch.

In a statement, the White House said Biden will use the Defense Production Act to improve the domestic manufacturing of medicines deemed crucial for national security and will convene the first meeting of the president’s supply chain resilience council to announce other measures tied to the production and shipment of goods.

I look forward to your claims that it is almost over six months from now. Much like how you were pretty happy people would be cold and suffering in Ukraine last November.
As russian saying goes: Не рой яму другому, сам в нее попадешь. Украина сама вырыла для себя яму.
Interesting proverb. I like it (after I ran it through a translator).

Off topic, but about 30 years ago I tried to learn Russian in order to impress a cute exchange student. As it turns out, it was too daunting a task for me, but one thing I do remember clearly was an alleged Russian proverb. I remember the English translation but not the Russian, so maybe you are familiar with it and can help me out. If it sounds familiar maybe you can give me the Russian for it.

"Somehow, with luck, we'll muddle through."

The White House has announced it plans to use a cold-war era law to ease supply chain issues that the administrations argues are contributing to higher inflation – a key electoral challenge to Joe Biden’s re-election chances next year as polling consistently suggests voters are not buying his Bidenomics pitch.

In a statement, the White House said Biden will use the Defense Production Act to improve the domestic manufacturing of medicines deemed crucial for national security and will convene the first meeting of the president’s supply chain resilience council to announce other measures tied to the production and shipment of goods.
Good. We should be producing essentials at home to reduce vulnerability. I would also like to see at least two widely separated factories for anything essential and I would like to see drug makers required to maintain say a 3 month supply on hand against possible production disruptions.

I would like to see drug makers required to maintain say a 3 month supply on hand against possible production disruptions.
Sounds simple. But shelf lives would be shortened, unless you plan to discard 3-month supplies of everything at their required intervals.
One could treat the “emergency” supply as in-stock supply, and send it to distribution on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis, in which case you take on another tracking nightmare, everything has to be moved an additional time, and product in distribution has up to 3 months less shelf life for the retailer and consumer.

I would like to see drug makers required to maintain say a 3 month supply on hand against possible production disruptions.
Sounds simple. But shelf lives would be shortened, unless you plan to discard 3-month supplies of everything at their required intervals.
One could treat the “emergency” supply as in-stock supply, and send it to distribution on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis, in which case you take on another tracking nightmare, everything has to be moved an additional time, and product in distribution has up to 3 months less shelf life for the retailer and consumer.
I was thinking FIFO. And note that most drugs actually have a substantially longer shelf life, it's just the drug makers don't go to the effort to prove it. They could. And I do not believe it would be a tracking nightmare, it's all computerized at this point.

most drugs actually have a substantially longer shelf life, it's just the drug makers don't go to the effort to prove it. They could.
They could; But extended stability testing takes a long time, and costs quite a bit.

Proving that a drug that currently has a one year shelf life is in fact good for four years requires four years of storage, followed by some fairly costly tests. You can't do it overnight, or even within a single presidential administration's term of office - and understandably, it's not something you want to do oy to discover that the next administration has decided it's no longer worth doing.

And, of course, you might well end up proving that the drug in question does not last much beyond one year; Or requires refrigeration in order to do so...

I was thinking FIFO. And note that most drugs actually have a substantially longer shelf life
Having spent YEARS creating, implementing and operating a FIFO operation involving fewer than a thousand products, I can tell you that the logistics and handling of differing shelf lives, rates of degradation and “lost motion” due to the need to physically move things numerous times, are overwhelming. I can’t even imagine the requirements with tens of thousands of products - many needing different storage conditions - with lives hanging in the balance. Do you treat a drug that will degrade into a toxic substance differently from one that simply loses efficacy? Do we even know that about all of them? I don’t think the intractability of this problem can be overestimated.

FIFO sounds so simple and elegant as a foolproof solution.

IT’S NOT. It’s expensive and prone to error - deadly error, in many drugs’ cases.

I was thinking FIFO. And note that most drugs actually have a substantially longer shelf life
Having spent YEARS creating, implementing and operating a FIFO operation involving fewer than a thousand products, I can tell you that the logistics and handling of differing shelf lives, rates of degradation and “lost motion” due to the need to physically move things numerous times, are overwhelming. I can’t even imagine the requirements with tens of thousands of products - many needing different storage conditions - with lives hanging in the balance. Do you treat a drug that will degrade into a toxic substance differently from one that simply loses efficacy? Do we even know that about all of them? I don’t think the intractability of this problem can be overestimated.

IT’S NOT. It’s expensive and prone to error - deadly error, in many drugs’ cases.
FIFO would be a big mess without a computer.

With a computer it's a bunch of boxes with barcodes, go get the right box. The whole thing perfectly well could be automated although that would take more space. All boxes are of uniform size (they may actually not be full if it's a low-demand product) and on shelves they fit. A fairly simple robotic grabber moves to the right position, checks the barcode and uses a camera for fine positioning to grab the box.

Think of how airport luggage systems actually work behind the scene--everything goes in bins, routing the bins to the right plane or the right baggage carousel is completely automatic. Same thing, but there are storage shelves. In the long run I expect it would save money.

With a computer it's a bunch of boxes with barcodes, go get the right box. The whole thing perfectly well could be automated although that would take more space. All boxes are of uniform size (they may actually not be full if it's a low-demand product) and on shelves they fit. A fairly simple robotic grabber moves to the right position, checks the barcode and uses a camera for fine positioning to grab the box.

Think of how airport luggage systems actually work behind the scene--everything goes in bins, routing the bins to the right plane or the right baggage carousel is completely automatic. Same thing, but there are storage shelves. In the long run I expect it would save money.
Perhaps not even take up more space. With "chaotic storage", the robot stores product where they fit and it of course has a constantly updated map running so it know where to place a box sized X and remembers where to go get it.

I've seen an automated pharmacy twenty years ago at a navy shore facility. To my knowledge, they've not been embraced beyond the hospital level.

It’s a big mess WITH a computer.
Stuff doesn’t just “go” in a box, it has to be put there. One thing ends up in the wrong box because of a misread barcode, a data entry error or a software glitch, and someone (or more) dies. Or nobody dies but your audit shows one too many of this and one short on that, and tens or hundreds of hours go into chasing down the error while every movement of both products is halted. With FIFO, multiple locations have to be assigned to every SKU, and they have to be secured and inspected continuously….
It’s a mess.

Back
Top Bottom