• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Well, hell, Trump told us how to cure covid by using a turkey baster, Lysol cleanser, and a funnel down Grandma's gullet. And he told us how to cure those big nasty forest fires: rake it!! Rake it, for God's sake. Ignore the teachings of he with the 'great and matchless wisdom' at your own peril. Another pearl from the wise one: masks make you look like a wuss.

Yep. In the NW, it's about the smoke from the forest fires.

That smoke has made it here to Michigan.

For the last week and a half, the visibility has been for shit here. Most days I've spent upwards of 5 hours outside walking back and forth from the hospital, where my husband has been.

The hospital is so crowded and busy. Wait times are still upwards of 6 hours some days, and with the air quality so bad, anyone taking up a ventilator for Covid is certainly going to cause an opportunity cost death for the air quality.

What a authoritarian hell hole Australia is;

Australia today used helicopters and the army to enforce its 'Zero Covid' lockdown, as thousands of police flooded Sydney city centre to enforce the rules and hand out $500 fines for those not wearing a mask. Sirens blared across the city and a draconian message was broadcast from the skies, as millions were told: 'This is public health order —do not break rules —you will be found and fines issued.' Today, up to 1,300 police officers swarmed Sydney and set up a network of roadblocks in a massive show of force to avoid a repeat of last week's violent anti-lockdown protest.

Some 250 fines, each worth $500, were issued across the city today, with one man arrested after travelling on trains outside his local government area without a reasonable excuse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9846939/Soldiers-sent-enforce-lockdown-Sydney.html

So let's see if I've got this correct:

Despite the fact the every medical community across the world independently came to same conclusion about mask wearing during a global pandemic, you are convinced there isn't any evidence about the efficacy of wearing a mask.

And you also believe Sydney is some authoritarian City-17 hellhole with law enforcement "swarming" over the place because the Daily Mail of all fucking media outlets say so. A quick look out on the veranda kinda shows the Daily Mail is full of fucking shit.

attachment.php

Holy fucking shit! Look at all the Authoritarianism!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 98
So, Governor DeSantis has decided to make it illegal to enforce mask wearing in Florida, in schools for example. Despite warnings from experts this will lead to covid-19 infections and disaster. DeSantis just does not care if this results in deaths of innocent school children

If this anti-mask order is enforced and children and teachers start dying as a result, can DeSantis be charged with murder, or negligent man slaughter? Is an act so stupid it means death and crippling results will surely follow be allowed to occur without penalty?

You're allowed to lie in an election ad, so I suspect there is a provision protecting this shining example of
freedom-written-in-letters-in-the-shape-of-the-american-flag-stock-illustrations_csp3471077.jpg

Australia today used helicopters and the army to enforce its 'Zero Covid' lockdown, as thousands of police flooded Sydney city centre to enforce the rules and hand out $500 fines for those not wearing a mask. Sirens blared across the city and a draconian message was broadcast from the skies, as millions were told: 'This is public health order —do not break rules —you will be found and fines issued.' Today, up to 1,300 police officers swarmed Sydney and set up a network of roadblocks in a massive show of force to avoid a repeat of last week's violent anti-lockdown protest.

Some 250 fines, each worth $500, were issued across the city today, with one man arrested after travelling on trains outside his local government area without a reasonable excuse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9846939/Soldiers-sent-enforce-lockdown-Sydney.html

Despite the fact the every medical community across the world independently came to same conclusion about mask wearing during a global pandemic, you are convinced there isn't any evidence about the efficacy of wearing a mask.

And you also believe Sydney is some authoritarian City-17 hellhole with law enforcement "swarming" over the place because the Daily Mail of all fucking media outlets say so. A quick look out on the veranda kinda shows the Daily Mail is full of fucking shit.

The UK tabloids have a long and inglorious history of hyperbolic and outright fictional reporting on Australian domestic stories. Until the ubiquity of the Internet, only a handful of people who regularly traveled between the two countries were in a position to know that they were lying, and few of them had an audience for their debunking of the nonsense.

It's astonishing how much disinformation there still is that uses distance to render disputes difficult and usually futile.

Similar fictional news can be found regarding the UK in the Australian media, though it's not quite as blatant nor as frequent.

Wow. You totally missed the point. The bears engaged in bear behavior. That’s the reason for the spike. Nothing to do with masks.

The left wing authoritarians are so consumed about the masks, nothing else penetrates.

Can’t see the woods for the masks as they say.

I know you and Trausti are obsessed with bears, but the fact they were bears is a red herring.

How is it a red herring? I thought it was morbidly funny. But it also shows how misguided it is to mandate masks due to this atypical event. The masks are just political theater, anyway.

E7qRbs2XoAInnXW

E7qRbs1XIAI4OxL

The UK tabloids have a long and inglorious history of hyperbolic and outright fictional reporting on Australian domestic stories. Until the ubiquity of the Internet, only a handful of people who regularly traveled between the two countries were in a position to know that they were lying, and few of them had an audience for their debunking of the nonsense.

It's astonishing how much disinformation there still is that uses distance to render disputes difficult and usually futile.

Similar fictional news can be found regarding the UK in the Australian media, though it's not quite as blatant nor as frequent.

I heard they were firing out of helicopters at the crowds, with auto-inject syringes full of vaccine chips.
Don't know if it's true, but a lot of people are saying that.
Great people. That's what they're saying.

I heard they were firing out of helicopters at the crowds, with auto-inject syringes full of vaccine chips.

Well nobody is going to believe that. It's Victorian cops who are trigger happy. NSW cops are simply corrupt and keep all the drugs for themselves (I know, I'm showing my age here)

Well nobody is going to believe that. It's Victorian cops who are trigger happy. NSW cops are simply corrupt and keep all the drugs for themselves (I know, I'm showing my age here)

I did at one time have a T-shirt with a mallard on the front, and on the back "DUCK! It's the Victoria Police!"

I know you and Trausti are obsessed with bears, but the fact they were bears is a red herring.

How is it a red herring? I thought it was morbidly funny. But it also shows how misguided it is to mandate masks due to this atypical event. The masks are just political theater, anyway.

Due to your obsession with bears, you are imagining them in a massive bear orgy creating viral infections. That didn't happen outside your mind.

Not sure what lyrics match best:

Still a man will hear what he wants to hear and disbelieve the rest

OR

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. Nothing ain't worth nothing but it's free.

E7qRbs2XoAInnXW

E7qRbs1XIAI4OxL

And South Dakota is hosting its very own super spreader event #2.

People do stupid things. Why do you think this pandemic is continuing???????

Victorian cops:

victorian cops.jpg

NSW cops:

NSW cops.jpg

Victorian cops:

View attachment 34670

NSW cops:

View attachment 34671

Queensland cops:

IMG_6177.JPG

Back
Top Bottom