• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

And moron FL governor bans schools from requiring masks. Giving parents the freedom to choose that their kids can get other kids sick.

Good, it makes perfect sense. There is no reason for kids to wear masks. But they have the option to wear them if they want. Not that it offers much protection in the first place but that’s not what the mask mandates are about.

I don't believe you ever answered my question whether you think that drunk driving should be legal. From Here: https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?22276-Covid-19-miscellany&p=924438&viewfull=1#post924438

And moron FL governor bans schools from requiring masks. Giving parents the freedom to choose that their kids can get other kids sick.

Good, it makes perfect sense. There is no reason for kids to wear masks. But they have the option to wear them if they want. Not that it offers much protection in the first place but that’s not what the mask mandates are about.

Yeah, those mask mandates seem to be a kind of informal IQ test.

Speaking of which, that earlier study about infected people losing 7 IQ points. Turns out they did not exclude the possibility that people who get infected were 7 IQ lower before being infected.

This is probably the stupidest fucking thing I've heard throughout the pandemic. Go to your nearest hospital and explain to the staff how ineffective masks are, genius.

Why a hospital? Why not the nearest Starbucks or McDonald’s?

What makes you think masks are effective? Because the box of masks on my desk clearly states (and I paraphrase) “does fuck all to stop covid”.
{snip}When it is regards to a global pandemic, I tend to listen to the advice of virologists who have spent decades of their lives studying in this field.{snip}

I’m fussy, I need evidence.

The mask mandate is purely political. So you can stick the mask up your ass. It will do as much good there for protecting you from covid.

Indeed. Wearing a mask when in your car alone advertises just how dumb you are.

Speaking of which, that earlier study about infected people losing 7 IQ points. Turns out they did not exclude the possibility that people who get infected were 7 IQ lower before being infected.

If that study were undertaken today, now that the vaccines have largely isolated infections to anti-mask/anti-vax idiots, the gap would be more like 20 points.

What a authoritarian hell hole Australia is;

Australia today used helicopters and the army to enforce its 'Zero Covid' lockdown, as thousands of police flooded Sydney city centre to enforce the rules and hand out $500 fines for those not wearing a mask. Sirens blared across the city and a draconian message was broadcast from the skies, as millions were told: 'This is public health order —do not break rules —you will be found and fines issued.' Today, up to 1,300 police officers swarmed Sydney and set up a network of roadblocks in a massive show of force to avoid a repeat of last week's violent anti-lockdown protest.

Some 250 fines, each worth $500, were issued across the city today, with one man arrested after travelling on trains outside his local government area without a reasonable excuse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9846939/Soldiers-sent-enforce-lockdown-Sydney.html

Australia today used helicopters and the army to enforce its 'Zero Covid' lockdown, as thousands of police flooded Sydney city centre to enforce the rules and hand out $500 fines for those not wearing a mask. Sirens blared across the city and a draconian message was broadcast from the skies, as millions were told: 'This is public health order —do not break rules —you will be found and fines issued.' Today, up to 1,300 police officers swarmed Sydney and set up a network of roadblocks in a massive show of force to avoid a repeat of last week's violent anti-lockdown protest.

Some 250 fines, each worth $500, were issued across the city today, with one man arrested after travelling on trains outside his local government area without a reasonable excuse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9846939/Soldiers-sent-enforce-lockdown-Sydney.html

923 people have died from Covid in Australia. That's fewer than 36 deaths per million people.

629,072 people have died from Covid in the USA. That's about 1,890 deaths per million people.

But being required to wear a mask, and comply with quarantine regulations makes us a 'hell hole'. :rolleyes:

E7mmOPSVcAQI9mY

E7mmPH8VgAY7CZD

There's no reason for kids to wear masks in a suicide cult, but there certainly is in school.

You are incoherent. Endemic Covid-19 is just something we're going to have to learn to live with. There is nothing we can do about that.

Shoot plague rats on sight, Covid would go away.

Regular flu is also dangerous. It kills hundreds of thousands each season.

And bad statistics killed 100,000,000 Americans last year.

The goal of the vaccination drive was to turn Covid-19 into a normal flu. And we have succeeded.

The goal was to get rid of it like we did smallpox.

I'm sorry about your loss. Not to sound callous, but people die. It's normal. At some point we are going to have to accept that for every disease there is a point where the cost of fighting it is higher than the rewards. There's a sweet spot. Which isn't comforting for those immunocompromised. But it is a fact of life.

Masks aren't expensive.

{snip}When it is regards to a global pandemic, I tend to listen to the advice of virologists who have spent decades of their lives studying in this field.{snip}

I’m fussy, I need evidence.

The mask mandate is purely political. So you can stick the mask up your ass. It will do as much good there for protecting you from covid.

The problem is that you refuse to look at evidence that doesn't come from the death cult.

One simple measure--why are all the top states for Covid places full of deniers?

Why are there still doctors left? Without PPE there wouldn't be many who had survived.

Indeed. Wearing a mask when in your car alone advertises just how dumb you are.

No, there are two good reasons for a mask when you're in a car alone:

There is one threat there in the car with you: your hands. You should clean your hands before removing your mask.

For a short trip why bother? (And I wear N-95s, not the junk. It's still why bother.)

923 people have died from Covid in Australia. That's fewer than 36 deaths per million people.

629,072 people have died from Covid in the USA. That's about 1,890 deaths per million people.

But being required to wear a mask, and comply with quarantine regulations makes us a 'hell hole'. :rolleyes:

Hell is an absence of god. You are rejecting the death cult. You're in hell.

The American motto:

“Live Free and Die!”

Wow. You totally missed the point. The bears engaged in bear behavior. That’s the reason for the spike. Nothing to do with masks.

The left wing authoritarians are so consumed about the masks, nothing else penetrates.

Can’t see the woods for the masks as they say.

Wow. You totally missed the point. The bears engaged in bear behavior. That’s the reason for the spike. Nothing to do with masks.

The left wing authoritarians are so consumed about the masks, nothing else penetrates.

Can’t see the woods for the masks as they say.

I know you and Trausti are obsessed with bears, but the fact they were bears is a red herring.

Back
Top Bottom