• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

This is an old point that is making the rounds about how many co-morbidities that 94% of covid deaths involved, as I was listening to a podcast where this was raised again.

Many of those are what happened by the time of death from all the complications from getting covid not previous to covid right? Obviously not all as in a patient having a decade of high pressure pressure. But if someone had 125/80 before illness and it went up to 180/120 a day before death, HBP especially "underlying HBP" should not be listed as a co-morbidity.

Not a fan of either side (as if there should even be sides for this issue) cherry picking and using semantic tricks to win a debate. What is even won?

Well, since about that percentage (mid to high 90s) of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths due to COVID are unvaccinated, not sure how this "point that is making the rounds" (where? GETTR?) is even relevant unless you're saying that getting the vaccination removes co-morbidities. Do you think it does?

Ah, sorry I meant WAS making the rounds. This was referred to in recent podcasts when it was already old news.

But the point I meant is that not digging into the data even one layer deep is what is wrong and it happening all over the place.

What is even worse is that people get entrenched into defending a position they never would have taken if they had found an unbiased factual source about the information and spent a couple sessions reading and reflecting over. Something like what the San Jose Mercury News at least used to be and maybe still is. A while ago at least it was top notch.

Fox/DM/NY Post would likely included all covid caused comorbidites as "underlying" and CNN may have a tendency to not even want to include longstanding ones at all or ignore the report.

And if this is being done as part of not want to give ammunition to the other side that is terrible.

This is an old point that is making the rounds about how many co-morbidities that 94% of covid deaths involved, as I was listening to a podcast where this was raised again.

Many of those are what happened by the time of death from all the complications from getting covid not previous to covid right? Obviously not all as in a patient having a decade of high pressure pressure. But if someone had 125/80 before illness and it went up to 180/120 a day before death, HBP especially "underlying HBP" should not be listed as a co-morbidity.

Not a fan of either side (as if there should even be sides for this issue) cherry picking and using semantic tricks to win a debate. What is even won?

Well, since about that percentage (mid to high 90s) of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths due to COVID are unvaccinated, not sure how this "point that is making the rounds" (where? GETTR?) is even relevant unless you're saying that getting the vaccination removes co-morbidities. Do you think it does?

Ah, sorry I meant WAS making the rounds. This was referred to in recent podcasts when it was already old news.

But the point I meant is that not digging into the data even one layer deep is what is wrong and it happening all over the place.

What is even worse is that people get entrenched into defending a position they never would have taken if they had found an unbiased factual source about the information.

Fox/DM/NY Post would likely included all covid caused comorbidites as "underlying" and CNN may have a tendency to not even want to include longstanding ones at all or ignore the report.

And if this is being done as part of not want to give ammunition to the other side that is terrible.

LOL ok.

One big concern I had is mostly gone now. That was the speed with which this happened and the possibility that it was being overseen by top staffers appointed for loyalty to Trump, rather than experience and expertise.

That's all.
Tom

Yeah. I would have been very skittish of any vaccine approved before the election. We have seen the FDA approval process can be corrupted. However, once he lost the incentive to push through a bad approval went away.

No--they're talking about people who had the conditions before they caught Covid. However, most of them are things that kill you very slowly--the deaths were not from the comorbidities. Especially with high blood pressure--it's something you take your medicine to control, so long as you do so it's basically a non-issue. Don't take your medicine and the pressure slowly beats away at your organs and blood vessels.

Has anyone seen any data on the percent of vaccinated who catch even asymptomatic covid? I don't think that data exists as there is no systematic testing of vaccinated people.

All i see is % of vaccinated who get seriously ill or die. That data is not usefully to me.

I wish to show my daughter, who is vaccinated, that so long as she has intimate relations with her unvaccinated boyfriend, that it will be dangerous for her to live at our home when my wife returns from Canada. My wife is in canada taking care of her 90+ year old mother and has not been able to get vaccinated because she does not have a canadian ID.

I will keep hammering on my daughter that she can't live at home when her mother comes home unless her very nice but moronic boyfriend gets vaccinated. The guy is very nice but his unwillingness to be vaccinated is moronic and will have serious consequences for my daughter when my wife is finally able to come home unless he gets vaccinated.

Kyle Rittenhouse’s attorney, John Pierce who said he would never get the vaccine, even if forced to - is on a ventilator and non-responsive.

Time to pick a new, smarter lawyer.

He's not even a defense lawyer, never should have hired him. Lucky for Pierce, there's always another deluded rightwinger around the corner who doesn't know how ordinary life things work. He now represents several proud boys and other 1/6 insurrectionists defendants.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/CaliKidJMP/status/1411855837962805248[/TWEET]

What an ahole.

How about that. Delta Airlines has announced it's employees who refuse to get vaccinated pay more to stay insured while employed with Delta. A model to follow for all.

How about that. Delta Airlines has announced it's employees who refuse to get vaccinated pay more to stay insured while employed with Delta. A model to follow for all.

Not really.

The model that all should follow would be employees who refuse to get vaccinated get the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere.

No it wasn’t. You wanted to exterminate the anti-vaxxers.

Or was that the Taliban?

Hard to tell them apart.

Has anyone seen any data on the percent of vaccinated who catch even asymptomatic covid? I don't think that data exists as there is no systematic testing of vaccinated people.

All i see is % of vaccinated who get seriously ill or die. That data is not usefully to me.

I wish to show my daughter, who is vaccinated, that so long as she has intimate relations with her unvaccinated boyfriend, that it will be dangerous for her to live at our home when my wife returns from Canada. My wife is in canada taking care of her 90+ year old mother and has not been able to get vaccinated because she does not have a canadian ID.

I will keep hammering on my daughter that she can't live at home when her mother comes home unless her very nice but moronic boyfriend gets vaccinated. The guy is very nice but his unwillingness to be vaccinated is moronic and will have serious consequences for my daughter when my wife is finally able to come home unless he gets vaccinated.

The vaccine seems to offer little protection against catching Delta. It offers a lot of protection against hospitalization if you do catch it, though. The Israeli data is in the 30% range, and you aren't infectious for as long. I wouldn't consider him getting vaxxed enough protection, even. Anyone who is unvaxxed now (other than those like your mother who couldn't get it) is almost certainly not careful about exposure.

You know, i don't actively wish death on Trump's victims...
gzq6siV.jpg
...but shitting themselves in public on the advice of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance? I'm pretty okay with that.

paE4gru.jpg

vS1NwCx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom