• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll Dem VP Pic: your choice?

Reflecting that a poll is included in the thread.

Democratic Vice President Pick

• Josh Shapiro

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Gretchen Whimer

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michelle Obama

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Cory Booker

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Schumer

• Other?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Eric Swalwell

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Andy Beshear

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
The relevance of a 30 year old DUI reduced to reckless driving to Mr Wakz’s qualifications or fitness for the Vice Presidency or his policies has yet to be explained
Where I live, having an old DUI on your record is like having a merit badge from the Man Scouts.

Seriously, Walz is a hunter. He's got a DUI from decades ago. He thinks that fucking a rubber glove is funny, but kinda weird.

So far, so good. Here in Indiana, at least.

We Hoosiers aren't all stupid. Obama, a black kid from Chicago, won Indiana in 2008. At the rate things are going, a black chick from California and a grampa from Minnesota might take Indiana.
Tom

He is just four points ahead of Kamala right now in Indiana, according to electoral-vote.com. Trump beat Biden there in 2020 by sixteen percentage points.
Not sure comparing polls and voting results is the right approach. What did the polls say for August 2020?

Whether or how much her relationship helped her career along is a matter of conjecture.
A reasonable conjecture. We can never know what was in their heads, but the extreme age gap, and the fact that he did help her career along are sus af.
But I am far from the only person who reads your posts who has noticed that you reserve your special nick names for women, persons of color and especially women of color.
I think you only notice it for them because of who you are and because of your politics. I have nicknames for white men too. Yes, I call AOC "Wormtongue" when talking about the left-wing influence on Biden, but in that same analogy I call Sanders "Bernie Sandersman the White" and Biden "Theoden". I also have called Robert O'Rourke 'β'. I guessed you have missed that one. There are more, but you don't notice them.
I myself have never been into a relatiinship with someone that much older than I am but I have a couple of friends who had relationships with men much older than they are and two of them married the men—and have been married to them well over 20 years. Another did not. Her choice and no regrets. Different strokes I guess.

I must confess that I do not always read all of your ( or anybody’s ) posts.

I was wondering why you're not liking all of my posts. ;)

Not sure comparing polls and voting results is the right approach. What did the polls say for August 2020?
Speaking for myself,
I don't pay a lot of attention to the polls. What I do pay attention to is the trends in polls.

Those are clear.
Trump is losing huuuugely. A month ago he looked poised to take the POTUS. Harris-Walz have completely changed the field. And Trump's Teaparty is flailing desperately.

In particular they are flailing against their previous arguments, like Biden is too old and is losing his mind. Hunter no longer matters, Jared is much more important. And we still have about three months for all this to play out.
Tom

Picking Walz seems to have been a stroke of genius. He comes off as everyone’s favorite dad or uncle whereas Vance seems like, and in fact is, a creepy weirdo, while Trump is a psychopath.

Whether or how much her relationship helped her career along is a matter of conjecture.
A reasonable conjecture. We can never know what was in their heads, but the extreme age gap, and the fact that he did help her career along are sus af.
But I am far from the only person who reads your posts who has noticed that you reserve your special nick names for women, persons of color and especially women of color.
I think you only notice it for them because of who you are and because of your politics. I have nicknames for white men too. Yes, I call AOC "Wormtongue" when talking about the left-wing influence on Biden, but in that same analogy I call Sanders "Bernie Sandersman the White" and Biden "Theoden". I also have called Robert O'Rourke 'β'. I guessed you have missed that one. There are more, but you don't notice them.
I myself have never been into a relatiinship with someone that much older than I am but I have a couple of friends who had relationships with men much older than they are and two of them married the men—and have been married to them well over 20 years. Another did not. Her choice and no regrets. Different strokes I guess.

I must confess that I do not always read all of your ( or anybody’s ) posts.

I was wondering why you're not liking all of my posts. ;)
My bad, totally!

But we're supposed to be more concerned with the fact that Harris dated an older man once a long time ago? Weird...
Apparently, the real tragedy is that some better qualified white man did not get the job because he didn’t think to sleep with Willie Brown.
Omg. The things you read on the Internet Infidel Board.🤣

If Kamala did actually get ahead by sleeping with someone then yes it was wrong.
She certainly did get ahead by sleeping with "Slick" Willie Brown. But it is anathema even to mention it on here.
And yet here you are, mentioning it over and over and over and over and OVER again.

So what, exactly, does “anathema” functionally change about what you do? Is this just someone complaining about not being popular while he makes assumptions about women’s sex lives and screeching endlessly about women making their own choices about who they sleep with?

So what. So you said it. Over and over and over. And people tell you that they think your opinion on the matter is warped and wrong.

Can we end that loop now? Or is there a reason you need to repeat it again and again and again and again? What do you get out of that? Are you trying to make people disdain the woman you plan to vote for? Are you trying to get someone else to vote against nher so you can cleanse yourself of voting for her?

What exactly is your purpose in riding this hobby horse around in circles endlessly? And why do you call it anathema that you are provided a space to do it?

I am plumb flummoxed.

Aupy, ‘Murkinz are very touchy about ethnicity.
Birthplaces? Not so much.
Yeah, Races - White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Red, and their sub-divisions.
No. I just think you are using the word “heritage” in a different way than I would. Maybe it means something different to you.
Yeah, other than her mother being from India, there is perhaps not much in Kamala which can be termed as Indian or Hindu.

Your misogyny is showing. A woman could never be attracted to a handsome, powerful older man so she must be a slut.
Even if I thought that, that is not part of the definition of "misogyny".

No, I do not think a 30 year old woman could never be attracted to a 60 year old man ('handsome' is subjective - I do not see it in his case). Just like I do not think a 30 year old man could never be attracted to a 60 year old woman. But it is rare. And when the older partner offers tangible career benefits to the younger partner (your adjective 'powerful' is connected to that), it does look like a transactional relationship. Is it 100% certainly that? No, but most likely it is.
Whether the younger partner is a man or a woman btw. I really do not see how you read "misogyny" into it when it works equally for both sexes, or even for homosexual relationships for that matter.
You are the last person on this board to judge a woman's nature of her relationship with a man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m the second generation of my family born in America, yet if someone asked me my heritage i wouldn’t say “American”. Its just not what that word means.

Your misogyny is showing. A woman could never be attracted to a handsome, powerful older man so she must be a slut.
Even if I thought that, that is not part of the definition of "misogyny".

No, I do not think a 30 year old woman could never be attracted to a 60 year old man ('handsome' is subjective - I do not see it in his case). Just like I do not think a 30 year old man could never be attracted to a 60 year old woman. But it is rare. And when the older partner offers tangible career benefits to the younger partner (your adjective 'powerful' is connected to that), it does look like a transactional relationship. Is it 100% certainly that? No, but most likely it is.
Whether the younger partner is a man or a woman btw. I really do not see how you read "misogyny" into it when it works equally for both sexes, or even for homosexual relationships for that matter.
You are the last person on this board to judge a woman's nature of her relationship with a man.
But that’s the issue: Some people see all relationships as transactional.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said nothing about the mother's citizenship.
The question "Was Shyamala an Indian or an American?" depends on citizenship status.

No, it doesn't.
If not on the citizenship status, then what?
Heritage, ancestry, bloodlines, etc..

In America, if someone asks, “are you German” or “Is your mom Indian” it is a question of the cultural values and rituals that you hold and practice in your family, as well as further past ancestry. It is rarely a question about citizenship.

People may ask me “Are you scottish,” and my answer would be, “yes, partly,” even though my Scottish ancestors arrived here almost 400 years ago.

I might also answer yes to “are you American,” as I fall into the type of citizen that does not hold any rituals or values based on a non-America. No annual cultural festivals or ritual food dishes, religion or clothing.

But that would not be true of Kamala Harris, whose mother gave her cultural groundings in Indian food and clothing. Perhaps she even speaks Hindi or another Indian language.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom