• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

That was a stupid thing for Clinton to say, gives Gabbard more attention than she deserves. Her response is bonkers.

How Bernie won a prized endorsement from his hospital bed - POLITICO

I wonder what the three said to her -- did any of them assure her that she was their second choice?

About their recent meeting in Vermont,

They didn't reveal what they talked about at the time, but the two plan a rally together in Queens just outside her district on Saturday, Oct 19.

Ilhan Omar will also be endorsing him.
Warren’s foreign policy, which is seen by some progressives as more hawkish than Sanders’, was a factor in Omar’s decision to endorse him over the Massachusetts senator. In a video released Wednesday, Omar said Sanders is “the only candidate that wants to make sure that we end our endless wars.”

'Knock Down the House' Stars Endorse Bernie Sanders' Campaign | Hollywood Reporter
Bernie Sanders on Twitter: "Thank you [MENTION=990]CO[/MENTION]riBush, @paulajean2020, and @amy4thepeople for endorsing our campaign! Together we can defeat Donald Trump and finally create a government that works for everyone in this country. https://t.co/qNcskMTGs0" / Twitter
So all four KDtH stars will be endorsing BS: AOC, Cori Bush, Paula Jean Swearengin, and Amy Vilela.
Vilela, who ran for Congress on a Medicare-for-all platform in Nevada after the death of her daughter and placed third, continues to advocate for Medicare for all. Bush, a community organizer active in Ferguson, Missouri, who ran for the state House and lost, is prepping another bid for U.S. Congress. Swearingen, who ran for Congress in West Virginia as an environmental activist and lost, is also preparing a new 2020 campaign, for the Senate.
AOC earlier stated
So far, the freshman representative has suggested she is leaning toward both Sanders and Warren, another of the Democrats' more progressive candidates for 2020. “What I would like to see in a presidential candidate is one that has a coherent worldview and logic from which all these policy proposals are coming forward,” Ocasio-Cortez told CNN months ago. “I think Sen. Sanders has that. I also think Sen. Warren has that.”
She also worked with Kamala Harris a little bit.

AOC really feels she owes a big debt to Bernie. I don't agree with her endorsement but it is hard to fault her for being loyal to someone she felt was crucial to the start of her career.

It finally happened.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Today I am endorsing Senator @BernieSanders for president.
In the end, we must come together to defeat Donald Trump. We should do so knowing he is a symptom of a larger problem - and our greatest hope is a multiracial, working class movement in the United States of America. https://t.co/9fiTS7FTX9" / Twitter

With a video of her endorsement of him. She starts out by saying that she'd worked 12-hour days as a waitress for not much money and no health insurance, and that Bernie Sanders showed that one could run for office without depending on Big Money. She marvels at how he can resist the pressure to conform and resist big businesses and compromise the lives of working people. She also talks about how she and BS represent a movement - "not me, us" - not about health insurance with certain conditions, but about guaranteeing a good standard of living for everyone in the US. Including democracy in the workplace. A multiracial, multigender, and multigenerational future. We will have to work for it.

jordan on Twitter: "Take two minutes and listen to @AOC explain how a system that underpays and undervalues workers can leave them feeling worthless and how a candidate that fights for them can give them hope. #BerniesBack https://t.co/ULu6rOSN46" / Twitter

No, it's clickbait bullshit. Pretty obvious from the complete absence of sources in the article. It's about as credible as youtube comments and as such should be treated accordingly. What the fuck is it with right wingers and their poorly vetted obscure polemic pieces?

No worse than the leftists even less credible sources like the New York Times and " Grudian!"

:rolleyes: Right. The newspaper that has been around for a very long time and has won an unlimited number of awards for outstanding journalism is the one you call fake? :rolleyes:

People on the far right and the far left hate it because it's journalists don't make up shit to please one's ideology.

What Happened To The Kamala Harris Campaign? | FiveThirtyEight - not very successful recently.

Discusses these theories:

1. 2020 was never going to be her year in the first place
2. Biden and Warren are just really strong candidates
3. Harris has not run a good campaign
4. She’s a woman of color in a party wary of nominating someone who it feels won’t connect with white voters in the Midwest in the general election

KH looks like she could easily call herself white, and she has largely Caucasoid ancestry. But she's culturally black, it seems, a sort of inverse Oreo.

Would Elizabeth Warren Or Bernie Sanders Move To The Center Against Trump? | FiveThirtyEight
If history is any indication, the Democratic candidates will move to the center, but not in the most obvious way. They won’t abandon core liberal policy stands. But they will both speak about themselves and their policy views in more moderate ways and choose a running mate aimed at appealing to voters who are not hardcore liberals.
The article mentions these recent examples of presidential-election ticket balancing:
  • In 2000, Gore picked Joe Lieberman, who had been one of the most high-profile Democratic critics of Bill Clinton over his affair with Monica Lewinsky.
  • In 2004, Kerry picked John Edwards, who was a senator from the South (North Carolina) and had a distinct Southern drawl.
  • In 2008, Obama picked Joe Biden, a white man who speaks often about his Catholic faith.
  • In 2016, Clinton picked Tim Kaine, a white man who speaks often about his Catholic faith.
Not just that, but also
Clinton, Kerry and Obama, in particular, also made other choices — in terms of tone and messaging — to present themselves as more centrist in the general election. (This is admittedly more subjective and harder to measure.)
Then the article got into how the Democratic nominee might also do that.
All that said, there are also a couple of reasons to think the Democratic nominee in 2020 might make less of an “etch-a-sketch” effort than past nominees. The previous Democratic presidential nominees were all in some ways following a kind of “median voter’ model, imagining that there was a set of voters whose views were basically in between the positions of the Democrats and the Republicans. But there is a lot of evidence that moderate, swing and independent voters aren’t particularly centrist, but hold a lot of different views, some of which are conservative, some of which are liberal.
What AOC has called "saltine cracker" centrism: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Talks Centrism on Pod Save America
“[The political establishment] thinks that running to the center, moderating our policies, being as close to a Saltine cracker as possible is what’s going to make us win elections... and I don’t think that that’s the case,” she said. “I think what animates non-voters is feeling like someone is really fighting for them.”

Will Trump ever share the stage with a Democrat in a debate?
Whoever the Democrat is, they're not likely to politely cater to some basic sense of decency presumed to reside in the voter. Not the way Hillary did.
If Trump tries to "stalk" them on stage, they will probably turn around and yell at him "get the hell back to your own podium, you creep!". If he starts screaming "NO PUPPET NO PUPPET" again, they'll probably repeat "He's a Putin puppet!" and start in on the litany of wonderful things he's said and done for Uncle Vlad and to America's detriment. Trump can invent all kinds of horrible things to say about what will happen if he's not re-elected, but he can't magically make his track record - which didn't exist last time around - disappear. His treasonous acts, his lies, broken promises - ALL of it will be on full and vibrant display if the Dems nominate anyone with an IQ above room temperature.
If you were Trump, would YOU get into a public debate with a Democrat? I sure as hell wouldn't!

Whoever the Democrat is, they're not likely to politely cater to some basic sense of decency presumed to reside in the voter. Not the way Hillary did.
If Trump tries to "stalk" them on stage, they will probably turn around and yell at him "get the hell back to your own podium, you creep!". If he starts screaming "NO PUPPET NO PUPPET" again, they'll probably repeat "He's a Putin puppet!" and start in on the litany of wonderful things he's said and done for Uncle Vlad and to America's detriment. Trump can invent all kinds of horrible things to say about what will happen if he's not re-elected, but he can't magically make his track record - which didn't exist last time around - disappear. His treasonous acts, his lies, broken promises - ALL of it will be on full and vibrant display if the Dems nominate anyone with an IQ above room temperature.
If you were Trump, would YOU get into a public debate with a Democrat? I sure as hell wouldn't!

One can only hope. A Biden-Trump debate would be dull and confusing as they mutually struggle to remember their lines. But Trump-Warren or Trump-Mayor Pete? I would pay actual money to watch! Actually I'm realistically hoping for a Pence-Pete showdown here if he is the VP pick of whoever. It's long past time Mike Pence was called out on his bigoted political projects in a public forum.

One can only hope. A Biden-Trump debate would be dull and confusing as they mutually struggle to remember their lines. But Trump-Warren or Trump-Mayor Pete? I would pay actual money to watch! Actually I'm realistically hoping for a Pence-Pete showdown here if he is the VP pick of whoever. It's long past time Mike Pence was called out on his bigoted political projects in a public forum.

Pete vs Trump or Pence would be a ticket I'd pay for! Of all the contenders, he is by far the most adept at the raw-but-not-rude insult. I think he and Warren are both to be admired for how they think on their feet. Trump is of course the master of repeating lies to make them sound true, but has no message other than "I'll protect you from these bad guys". So when his lies are laid bare in terms so clear that even his sycophantic morons can understand them, he will indeed become the (with apologies in advance for the visual) emperor with no clothes.

No worse than the leftists even less credible sources like the New York Times and " Grudian!"

:rolleyes: Right. The newspaper that has been around for a very long time and has won an unlimited number of awards for outstanding journalism is the one you call fake? :rolleyes:

People on the far right and the far left hate it because it's journalists don't make up shit to please one's ideology.

The " Newspaper that's been around for a very long time" is not rated very highly by the punters is it?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...s-in-america-cnn-fox-nytimes-2018-8?r=US&IR=T

You really don't have a clue how journalism is meant to work, do you?
What, it's supposed to be biased leftward to be first class journalism?
angelo, if I was in your place, I would fall into a deep depression about what a massive market failure it is that the "liberal" media has not gone broke. Yes, a massive market failure.

But many right-wingers seem to believe it an absolute and unquestionable truth that market failures never happen. Yes, never happen.

The " Newspaper that's been around for a very long time" is not rated very highly by the punters is it?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...s-in-america-cnn-fox-nytimes-2018-8?r=US&IR=T

I didn't read your link but the NYTimes has picked up a huge number of new subscribers in the past few years, so I doubt you have a point. There are people who criticize the Times as being too conservative and others who criticize it as being too liberal. That probably means it's about as unbiased as journalism is capable of being. Plus, where else can you read such extensive world news as the Times? No where that I've ever seen. Of course, most Trumpers don't appreciate good journalism. For one things, you have to able to read on at least a 9th grade level to be able to understand the NYTimes. I doubt the poorly educated, aka Trump supporters, would even be able to read at that level. And since, a good percentage of Trumpers hate educated people, I can see why they would also hate the Times.

Back
Top Bottom