• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Does a Large Part of the Russian Population suffer from Stockholm Syndrome?

Every forum has their resident Russian apologist and they all say pretty much the same thing
And bunch of ignorant american imperialism apologists, like yourself,
Lol, so sayeth the imperialist supporter...

Seriously - do you understand that Russia is the one engaging in imperialism here? They're the one who invaded a neighboring independent country and tried to forcibly occupy them.

I say "tried" because you guys haven't done a very good job of it.
Putin wants to restore the Russian Empire, but everybody else is an imperialist.

This is a problem for Russians who were educated when Russia was still claiming to be a communist state. Putin has turned party dogma on its head and the apologists haven't really been able to make the transition. Imperialism requires a different vocabulary, which is a problem because empire building is a hard sell. In history, very few people have voluntarily joined an empire. I can't recall any nation which ever held an election to decide whether or not -to join an empire.

I made a comment elsewhere about how Russia and China have lied about their military size and capabilities for years... and so has the US. It's just turned out that we've lied in opposite directions.
I don't think Russia is "lying". That implies intent. Rather, I believe what we are seeing is the corruption that plagues their system. Many things were there only on paper. And many other things actually existed but weren't maintained--think of all those tires that failed because the vehicles hadn't been moved around.

Then we have Russia thinking it's an easy victory while the Ukrainians fought smart. Don't fight that tank column, kill it's logistics. Tanks without fuel are low quality pillboxes.
What are you two talking about? Seriously?

Your analysts were claiming that Russia would run out of cruise missiles in April 2022. For fuck's sake.
Russian government hardly ever reports their military size and capabilities, they prefer not talking to lying.
It was you who analyzed the shit out of garbage which had no relation to reality.
Tell me again how those SU-57s and T-90s are working out for you.
SU-57 are being tested in the war with NATO. But it's mostly Su-35 and Su-34. 1.5 ton gliding bombs work like a charm.
T-90? how are leopards and abrams working for you in Ukraine?

Last edited:
Every forum has their resident Russian apologist and they all say pretty much the same thing

Seriously - do you understand that Russia is the one engaging in imperialism here?
No, I understand that it is USA.
They're the one who invaded a neighboring independent country and tried to forcibly occupy them.

They are not independent (never were), and not even a country.

For example, Russian military forces have an average casualty rate of 500 per day since the start of the special military operation.
That's a lie.
Next
I can tell you one thing that is certainly true. About 300,000 Russian soldiers will never come home. What do you think happened to them?
The number is 40K dead for russians and 500k (dead + severely wounded) for ukrainians.
That's western estimates and Ukrainian admission.
You are distributing an old and very common in the west german nazi propaganda that Russians are stupid subhumans who only win by numbers.
The fact is, human military losses in WW2 are comparable, considering that initially USSR was utterly unprepared for NATO wehrmacht invasion. In this latest attempt of final solution of Russia problem, the wehrmacht NATO was utterly unprepared and therefore they suffer disproportionately higher losses.

For example, Russian military forces have an average casualty rate of 500 per day since the start of the special military operation.
That's a lie.
Next
I can tell you one thing that is certainly true. About 300,000 Russian soldiers will never come home. What do you think happened to them?
The number is 40K dead for russians and 500k (dead + severely wounded) for ukrainians.
That's western estimates and Ukrainian admission.
You are distributing an old and very common in the west german nazi propaganda that Russians are stupid subhumans who only win by numbers.
The fact is, human military losses in WW2 are comparable, considering that initially USSR was utterly unprepared for NATO wehrmacht invasion. In this latest attempt of final solution of Russia problem, the wehrmacht NATO was utterly unprepared and therefore they suffer disproportionately higher losses.
This is silly. The Ukrainian army doesn't have 500,000 soldiers. If 500k Ukrainians were dead, the Russian army could walk across Ukraine.
I don't think Russians are subhuman. I think Russian leaders are inhuman. You are losing a generation of young men and it will be decades before Russia recovers.

This is silly. The Ukrainian army doesn't have 500,000 soldiers.
According to recent Elensky claim ukrainian army right now has 880K people in it.
500K losses number is what ukrainians are already openly directly and indirectly admit.

I think Russian leaders are inhuman. You are losing a generation of young men and it will be decades before Russia recovers.
No, we are not. We lost 40K dead, and Ukraine lost 500K (severely wounded included)
Russian voluntary enlistment is doing great. A lot of people see that as easy money at relatively low risk of being killed.
Inhuman are your governments who are sending ukrainians to death in order to reelect senile piece of shit.
You lost this war you started. I repeat again, you started it.

Last edited:
I think Russian leaders are inhuman. You are losing a generation of young men and it will be decades before Russia recovers.
No, we are not. We lost 40K dead, and Ukraine lost 500K (severely wounded included)
Russian voluntary enlistment is doing great. A lot of people see that as easy money at relatively low risk of being killed.
Inhuman are your governments who are sending ukrainians to death in order to reelect senile piece of shit.
The war started when Putler invaded Ukraine. There has been no invasion of Russia. Secondly, do you think that there is any chance that in a government totally controlled by one person; that they may be lying about the deaths in order to convince the gullible public that there is a "relatively low risk of being killed in this war"?

It's entirely possible the bodies of only 40,000 Russian soldier's bodies have been returned home and the rest are still lying where they fell, in however many pieces.

Nobody is buying this, but you can repeat it as often as you like. If Ukraine had lost 500,000 soldiers, the war would be over. It's far from over and while it continues, young Russian men continue to die. In the end, they will have died for no reason and no gain to anyone. It's possible the Russian mothers may demand an explanation from those who supported Putin and ran around telling them their sons are not dead. I'm sure Russian mothers have as good a memory as other mothers around the world. I would not want to be a Russian apologist when they come looking for answers.

Seriously - do you understand that Russia is the one engaging in imperialism here?
No, I understand that it is USA.
Not really. The US are meddlers, not imperialists. Trying to annex another country makes one an imperialist. I understand that you can't get over the Crimean War and how the European powers humiliated Russia, but that was a long time ago. It is time to let it go. I mean unless you think King Charles III is right in taking India back over.
They're the one who invaded a neighboring independent country and tried to forcibly occupy them.

They are not independent (never were), and not even a country.
The Soviet Union dissolved. That was a consequence of it. Sorry. You aren't allowed to just press CTRL+Z to undo history, even if things were different 150 years ago.

You've lost 40k fighting a dreadfully under-armed military. That isn't something to brag about.
Russian voluntary enlistment is doing great.
*images of Harpo on the battlefield trying to enlist soldiers in Duck Soup comes to mind*
A lot of people see that as easy money at relatively low risk of being killed.
Well, relatively in Russia. I remember the appalling numbers in Iraq for US soldiers, and that was a bit lower than Ukraine.
You do keep changing up on that one.
  • Ukrainians like Russia, they'll welcome us.
  • Ukrainians are brainwashed, they were lied to too much, we can't help them
  • Ukrainians are evil Nazis, make them freeze to death in winter
  • Poor Ukranians, victims of the West.
This is a bit of a Foxtrot as well... the US started the war... but Russia is fighting the Nazis in Ukraine.

Babs underreports Russian losses by 5-10x.
I do hope it makes him feel better.

It reminds me of England in the Great War; The press was tightly controlled, and very local, so the overall scale of the losses was easy to conceal.

Every village and town thought that theirs was the unluckiest town in England, to have lost so many of their young men.

It wasn't until after the war that the general public got an idea of the true scale of the casualties.

It reminds me of England in the Great War; The press was tightly controlled, and very local, so the overall scale of the losses was easy to conceal.

Every village and town thought that theirs was the unluckiest town in England, to have lost so many of their young men.

It wasn't until after the war that the general public got an idea of the true scale of the casualties.

It reminds me of another, more recent occurrence. The Soviet Union tightly controlled the press on a national level, and the scale of the losses in the Afghan war were hidden from the public. When the leader decided to pursue a policy of "openness" and the public found out just how badly things went...well, that was the last ever leader of the Soviet Union.

Some countries never learn...

It reminds me of another, more recent occurrence. The Soviet Union tightly controlled the press on a national level, and the scale of the losses in the Afghan war were hidden from the public. When the leader decided to pursue a policy of "openness" and the public found out just how badly things went...well, that was the last ever leader of the Soviet Union.
A lesson Adolph Putin has learned. The Russian asshat could care less what happens to Russia down the road. He's in it for the money today.

You have no clue what the numbers are and I am unsure to the point of not wanting to quote any. What I do believe from various reading over the long months is based on training, equipment, and morale, Russia is losing soldiers at a three to one ratio to Ukraine. This is probably all I'll ever have to go on because the other thing that is likely true, as mentioned, Russia leaves its dead to rot on the battlefield. Will not even honor them enough to bring their bodies home. The Russian body count will never be measured in anything other than silent tears.

Russian voluntary enlistment is doing great.
Where volunteering consists of stepping out your front door.

Back
Top Bottom