• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gas almost $7 a gallon

It is odd that he is looking at some bureaucratic system

Not odd at all. It’s what leftists do, bureaucracy. It’s a token gesture at best in an election year. The crusade against car owners will continue and get even more punitive. More gas tax comes in June or July anyway. People in California voted for this. Weird.

Filling up at the start of the pandemic on February 19, 2020 I paid $1.26 per litre of 91 octane petrol. Last August it was $1.49. Driving past the servo last night, the posted price was $2.06.

It was slightly less than 4 dollars a gallon here yesterday, but we had enough Kroger points to bring it down by another 50 cents. It's the first fill up in a month. We only needed 11 gallons to fill up. I love my hybrid more than ever now. :p

I've seen a couple stations where it was $3.94/G. Most are $3.95 or 96. ETA: for regular.

It's come down considerably here, from $2+ a litre to around $1.60, just in the last few days
Did Biden release gas from your reserves too. ;)
You must be kidding! It is an indisputable fact, my dear ZiprHead, that every time fuel prices go up it is Biden's fault, and every time they go down it is Trump's achievement. Yes, even here in Australia.

The price of 91 octane petrol at my local fuel stop has dropped from $2.06/l ten days ago to $1.89 last Monday. Thank you, Donald. You're a genius.

NE Ohio, gas has dropped a dime plus to below $4 a gallon. I'm certain if it drops below $3 a gallon, people will complain gas is too cheap and prices need to be higher to warrant further exploration of American oil.

It's about 3.50/gallon in my city as of yesterday.

One problem is that too many people believed that the extremely low gas prices during the early months of the pandemic were normal. They seemed to have forgotten or were ignorant about supply and demand. Very few people were driving in the first year of the pandemic. We didn't even have any mandates here, but when we did go out, the roads were free of traffic. Then, things began to get back to "normal" and the roads became clogged with traffic. The demand jumped way up and the supply dropped. Maybe a course in basic economics needs to be required in high school. It's amazing how ignorant most Americans are when it comes to anything related to very basic economics.

The nearby station is still $4.99, same as it's been for some time.

It's hovering just below $4 for the cheap stuff.

I've been watching this opera for almost 50 years. I got my first drivers license just in time for the 1973 Arab oil embargo to push gas prices over 50 cents a gallon. There is a basic fact underlying all the hysteria which has always been apparent.

Nobody cares about the price of gas. They may bitch and moan, but virtually nobody is going to change anything in their daily life because of the price of gas. What people really worry about is the availability of gas.

Tell someone that the price went up and they may wince, but they pay. Tell someone they can only get 5 gallons at that price, and you'll have a fight on your hands.

It's hovering just below $4 for the cheap stuff.

I've been watching this opera for almost 50 years. I got my first drivers license just in time for the 1973 Arab oil embargo to push gas prices over 50 cents a gallon. There is a basic fact underlying all the hysteria which has always been apparent.

Nobody cares about the price of gas. They may bitch and moan, but virtually nobody is going to change anything in their daily life because of the price of gas. What people really worry about is the availability of gas.

Tell someone that the price went up and they may wince, but they pay. Tell someone they can only get 5 gallons at that price, and you'll have a fight on your hands.
I read a long article yesterday about how much we rely on fossil fuels these days, and how the availability is slowing down. If we don't start taking this seriously, the world is going to be in for some serious problems. It's not just about the environment any more. It's about the fact that the increased demand will soon not be able to keep up with the decreased supply.

I think the price of gas was 33 cents a gallon when I was in high school in New Jersey. When I moved to Texas in 71, the price was 19 cents a gallon for awhile. Those were the days when supply was far bigger than demand. I remember the time being referred to as "the gas wars". . Gas stations would keep lowering the price to keep customers. It was crazy. Little did we know what the future would bring.

Back
Top Bottom