• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

General trailer discussion

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-girl-new-warriors-series-freeform/100065764/

Freeform (which is also working on a Cloak and Dagger series) has announced the New Warriors, and so far the only confirmed character is Squirrel Girl.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *gasp* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

View attachment 10537

And, of course, Squirrel Girl was never in the New Warriors, so why isn't this going to be a Squirrel Girl series instead? Either way, It is also going to be a half hour comedy show, similar to Powerless, so I don't hold out much hope for it being very good. There is also the problem that I absolutely hate Squirrel Girl (I know, I am in the comic book fan minority there), which means I probably won't tune in even though I like the New Warriors. I was one of those people who were disappointed that the New Warriors were not in Civil War.

How can anyone not like Squirrel Girl? Like Deadpool, she's a self-parody (comic books making fun of themselves), only adorable instead of horrible.

Anyway, it looks like the Inhumans TV show is still a thing and unusually expensive for a TV show.

I'll be honest, I never cared about the comic book, but at least this will make a future Ms Marvel possible.

How can anyone not like Squirrel Girl?

Yeah, that is the response I get from most comic book fans, unless they are DC fanbois, and they they just say "Squirrel who?"

Like Deadpool, she's a self-parody (comic books making fun of themselves), only adorable instead of horrible.

That's probably it. I don't like adorable comic books, parody or not, when they start getting adorable I stop buying them.

Anyway, it looks like the Inhumans TV show is still a thing and unusually expensive for a TV show.

They are already filming Inhumans, and are aiming for a fall series premiere.

I'll be honest, I never cared about the comic book, but at least this will make a future Ms Marvel possible.

I've been reading Inhumans for a decade or so, but Medusa has always been the least appealing character for me, and I stopped reading for a bit when Medusa took the throne of Attilan from Black Bolt, and started shacking up with Johnny Storm. I am back to reading it now, though.

We live in an age where all most popular comics are post-modern and self-aware. Squirrel Girl just isn't all that original to me. She was more fun as part of the the Great Lakes Avengers joke.

We live in an age where all most popular comics are post-modern and self-aware. Squirrel Girl just isn't all that original to me. She was more fun as part of the the Great Lakes Avengers joke.

We live in an age...

C'mon. Marvel has always been pretty damn meta. Steve Rogers once got a job at Marvel writing for the Captain America comic book. She Hulk breaks the fourth wall to yell at the audience for sexualizing the female characters. The whole self-parody thing has been going on for a long time now. :D

I'm pretty sure Howard the Duck had his first argument with God back in the 1970s, right?

This is not a trailer, but a Swiftian level parody of trailer review shows:

Trailer for Cloak and Dagger released!

This is targeted at younger audiences, so I'm not sure if I will like it, but I did like the comic book back in the day.

The comic was created specifically to talk about the issue of homeless runaway teenagers, which both of the main characters are.

I think this was written before people understood what "co-dependent" means, because that is a kind of creepy part of the characters. Their superpowers are such that they literally can't exist in our world without each other.

Conservatives will probably lose their shit over the interracial romance.

That...was not the tone I was expecting. This could be an awesome movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy opened up the "cosmic" parts of the Marvel universe, which affects the kind of Thor stories they can tell.

Hello Walter Simonson!

They even have Skurge brandishing human-style assault rifles in the trailer, straight out of the Simonson run!

AC031.jpg

I just thought of something: one of Dagger's superpowers is the ability to cure addiction.

They better keep her away from Jessica. Jessica Jones without the booze isn't as funny, dammit.

The question is, will her power cure me of my addiction to Marvel/Netflix shows?

So, I read the this thread title and for about 2 seconds my brain thought it meant "discussions had by people living in a trailer."

There are some funny hypotheticals that come to mind. Heck, it's a good premise for a sitcom, although it could wind up being similar to Duck Dynasty.

The question is, will her power cure me of my addiction to Marvel/Netflix shows?

No, but it might make you swear to never watch anything else from Free Form (nee ABC Family). I hope I'm wrong about that, but from what I hear they don't have a good track record.

This is a discussion of the two new Marvel trailers. Apparently the Spiderman trailer gives way too much of the plot away. This video discusses that, so it will spoil the plot as the trailer did. The Thor trailer give not much plot away.

This is a discussion of the two new Marvel trailers. Apparently the Spiderman trailer gives way too much of the plot away. This video discusses that, so it will spoil the plot as the trailer did. The Thor trailer give not much plot away.

I think that's an unfair comparison. The Spider-Man Homecoming trailer that the video discusses is a "full" trailer, wheras the Thor one is still just a teaser. When the Thor release date approaches, they will no doubt release another one that gives most of the plot away too.

Back
Top Bottom