• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

General trailer discussion

ah, maybe you are right. I won't watch it. I will just read decent reviewers and if they say it has a good structure, acting and flow I will watch it. Obviously the special effects and visuals will be mostly excellent. I will watch the full trailer after the movie.

Would be good to have trailers that have been edited to remove plot points. That or have someone annotate what times of the trailer have those spoilers and let you manually skip them.

Trailer for Defenders

The first meeting between Misty and Jessica will probably be entertaining.

I'm not sure I'm as excited about this as I was before the disappointment of Iron Fist, but I'm still looking forward to a lot of first meeting scenes: the first meeting between Luke and Danny, Misty and Danny, Misty and Colleen, etc. Some of those are pretty epic friendships in the Marvel universe.

Can't say I'm very interested.

Or school Inhumans is basically Game of Thrones in space without the killing. New school is a cheap X-Men knock off. Not terribly interested in either incarnation.

The only reason I care at all is 1) the dog and 2) Ms Marvel.

Blade Runner 2049 trailer is out. Not sure what to make of it.

http://bladerunnermovie.com/
Looks nice. But I am a bit disappointed by Harrison Ford's appearance, because it resolves the deliberate ambiguity of whether he was a replicant in the original movie or not. He wasn't. But the trailer seems to at least try to hint that Ryan Gosling is one. It could be misdirection of course. But who knows. That would be a cheap plot device. Also I have a feeling that the only reason Harrison Ford is there is to die, same as in Star Wars.

Blade Runner 2049 trailer is out. Not sure what to make of it.

http://bladerunnermovie.com/
Looks nice. But I am a bit disappointed by Harrison Ford's appearance, because it resolves the deliberate ambiguity of whether he was a replicant in the original movie or not. He wasn't. But the trailer seems to at least try to hint that Ryan Gosling is one. It could be misdirection of course. But who knows. That would be a cheap plot device. Also I have a feeling that the only reason Harrison Ford is there is to die, same as in Star Wars.

Based on the assumption that a replicant had a lifespan of 3 to 4 years then that's a fair point. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there is room for an anomaly to allow the writers to continue the ambiguity for much of the new movie. I will have to go back and view the original again as it has been a while since I have watched it.

That doesn't really help in maintaining the ambiguity. Unless they have some other old replicant who hacked his expiration date in the movie, so that the audience would know that it is at least possible, without giving away that Deckard might have done the same thing. Which seems unlikely.

And if they are just plainly saying that he was a replicant who hacked his expiration date and who ages for some reason, thtat would just be stupid. It's much simpler to keep him as human than add all the necessary explanations. I suppose, they could also do it so that Deckard in original Blade Runner was a replicant, and the guy in 2049 played by Harrison Ford was the real person he was based on. Or something. But honestly I think they will just take the most straightforward path with Deckard and make the "is he an android or isn't he" part of whatshisname's character arc.

That doesn't really help in maintaining the ambiguity. Unless they have some other old replicant who hacked his expiration date in the movie, so that the audience would know that it is at least possible, without giving away that Deckard might have done the same thing. Which seems unlikely.

Well something along those lines is what I have seen discussed elsewhere.

And if they are just plainly saying that he was a replicant who hacked his expiration date and who ages for some reason, thtat would just be stupid. It's much simpler to keep him as human than add all the necessary explanations. I suppose, they could also do it so that Deckard in original Blade Runner was a replicant, and the guy in 2049 played by Harrison Ford was the real person he was based on. Or something. But honestly I think they will just take the most straightforward path with Deckard and make the "is he an android or isn't he" part of whatshisname's character arc.

Well there are a few directions they could take but I will not think about it too much, I will just try to enjoy it when I get round to seeing it when it comes out on cable.

Not one, but two Star Trek shows coming up:

Personally, I'm even more excited for the latter. It could be as big as the Cleveland Show.

The Orville for the win!

I might watch the pilot for Star Trek: Discovery, but I'll be damned if I pay a dime for CBS All Access to watch the rest of it. They are just asking for people to pirate the shit out of it going that route.

One reviewer had an interesting point about the upcoming Star Trek TV show.

The show will initially be available only behind a paywall, which if you think about it, is at odds with the ideals expressed in the show itself. Kind of ironic.

Anyway, I'm probably going to wait for it to come out on Netflix later.

The show will initially be available only behind a paywall, which if you think about it, is at odds with the ideals expressed in the show itself. Kind of ironic.

I didn't know one of the ideals of the show was that tv shows should have commercial breaks every 5 minutes.

Also wouldn't count on it coming to Netflix anytime soon in the US. Yes, Netflix has global distribution rights, but for CBS this is one of the hooks to get people to pay up.

I didn't know one of the ideals of the show was that tv shows should have commercial breaks every 5 minutes.

Also wouldn't count on it coming to Netflix anytime soon in the US. Yes, Netflix has global distribution rights, but for CBS this is one of the hooks to get people to pay up.

Sure, advertisements, but a paywall? For a show featuring an idealized society without money? That's just funny.

And if it's not available for free later, then I guess I won't watch it.

Sure, advertisements, but a paywall? For a show featuring an idealized society without money? That's just funny.

And if it's not available for free later, then I guess I won't watch it.
Society without money? I guess it would be ok if you could pay with "latinum".

You want it for free, just pirate it. As easy as using a replicator.

Sheesh. Thought I'd come here to hang out with the TFT trailer trash. What a letdown.

Back
Top Bottom