• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

General trailer discussion

New Black Panther trailer out:

Trigger warning: This is an advertisement for a movie that features many non-white characters, most of whom are not portrayed as villains nor by caricature-like racial stereotypes. Conservatives and libertarians (who are completely different, honest) should think twice before playing this video. No, the existence of this advertisement does not count as "white genocide."

Trigger warning: This is an advertisement for a movie that features many non-white characters, most of whom are not portrayed as villains nor by caricature-like racial stereotypes. Conservatives and libertarians (who are completely different, honest) should think twice before playing this video. No, the existence of this advertisement does not count as "white genocide."

How did they make this even more hype than the first one?

Wakanda forever.

Wakanda forever.

They must have used vibranium-based technology to edit the trailer together. ;)

I know someone over in Centre Hall, PA that owns a trailer. We can drink beer and light off fireworks, maybe shoot us some pop cans or somethin.

Marvel's Runaways is coming to Hulu soon.

In case it's not clear from the trailer, a group of teenagers discover that their parents are supervillains and up to something terrible.

Wakanda forever.

I just thought of something.

The Black Panther comic book came out in the 1960s. In all this time, no one else in the mainstream "white" media has bothered to take a stab at Afro-futurism, not on the big nor small screens. It's bizarre to think that in some ways, the rest of mainstream media still can't keep up with where Marvel was half a century ago.

Wasn't sure where else to post this video. Here's a discussion of what might happen if you shattered Thor's hammer.

Most of the time, when I see a trailer, I've already made my mind up as to whether or not I would be interested in the particular movie.
However, this trailer has made me definitely interested in this film. I'm going to see this because of the trailer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/84TouqfIsiI[/YOUTUBE]

I saw this a couple days ago. Well worth a viewing. James McAvoy probably gave the best performance of his career. Truly suspenseful. And a subtle twist at the end.

This is stretching the topic of this thread a bit, but I couldn't figure out where else to put it. This is an ad for the video game Overwatch. The robot depicted is a playable character named Bastion.

What is interesting is that there isn't an ounce of dialog in the entire video, yet they are able to imply PTSD and tug at your heart strings.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/fyFI6OpDEG4[/YOUTUBE]

This looks interesting. And Woody looks amazing in his LBJ guise.

Just saw the trailer for this:

I used to play that game as a kid. All I can say is... Why? Who asked for this?

Amazon, in addition to Man in the High Castle, has another Philip K. Dick show coming up. Dick-lovers everywhere rejoice.

(and also everyone who likes juvenile puns.)

Honestly though, it looks very promising. I'm a huge fan of Dick's and it should be noted that a lot of his works that Hollywood has adapted have been just short stories, perfectly suitable for an anthology series. And it seems they managed to get a lot of talented actors on board which usually is a good sign.

Last edited:

Live action based on anime always sucks, even if it's made in Japan. Further, the CGI character with huge eyes looks very out of place with everything else here.

On the other hand, it's a collaboration between James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez. So much potential for things to go very right or very wrong here.

Back
Top Bottom