• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Government shutdown again?

Rumors are being floated that some far right Republicans want to expel Matt Gaetz from congress. His attacks on McCarthy have pissed off the McCarthy supporters. He is seen as a loose cannon.
eating-popcorn-monster-meme-h63nebub3qlai6aj.gif

Someday someone will write a brilliant comedy incorporating every episode of this Congress.

They should paint those fire alarms red with the word “FIRE” on them. Why they are green with “OPEN” written on them is beyond me.
Not sure if you are Poeing (there have been people on the Internet and also in Congress (e.g. AOC) defending his ass) but just in case you are serious.
F7XC9_BbEAA1QKQ

It's a regular red one.
Wutta dickhead.

Gaetz filed a motion to vacate the Speaker's office. Now it gets interesting.

House Republicans are planning a motion to expel Matt Gaetz from the chamber, even as he continues to threaten to expel Kevin McCarthy from the speakership.

The House GOP will move to expel Gaetz if the Ethics Committee finds him guilty, Fox News reported Sunday. Earlier this year, committee investigators reopened a probe into the Florida Republican for allegations of sexual misconduct, illegal drug use, and other wrongdoings.

Gaetz’s repeated threats to move to vacate McCarthy are apparently the straw that broke the camel’s back. “No one can stand him at this point,” a House Republican, speaking anonymously, told Fox. “A smart guy without morals.”

Matt Gaetz - the even scummier version of Ted Cruz. Fifty bucks says he's going to be Cawthorne'd.

Interesting how Dems should gameplay this.

I think maybe it was possible had McCarthy not been on TV on Sunday blaming the Democrats for the shutdown that was looming.

For McCarthy, he has support of most of the caucus... but not enough. What more deals can he do. He already caved on most aspects, except letting the Government shutdown. for McCarthy, I think the question is who does he hand the baton off to. Who in their right mind would want it with the one vote toss the Speaker out power still out there?

Well I hope Dems are trying to get something from McCarthy (or an alternate) for their support.

JB was a high school principal. I don't believe he really is this ignorant about how fire alarms and doors work.

Speaking of his principalling days, this is his school. Apparently he founded it.
"Cornerstone Academy for Social Action". Even the name is cringe af as the kids would say.
F7VFNRxWwAAnd6z

From here.
Ok, maybe he really is that ignorant about how doors and fire alarms work. LMAO!

I was chalking it up to such an extreme sense of entitlement that it didn’t matter the results of the pull. He wanted the door open, the door should open!

I was chalking it up to such an extreme sense of entitlement that it didn’t matter the results of the pull. He wanted the door open, the door should open!
Maybe.
But I've done some stupid things when late, distracted, and under pressure.

Stupider than that, although I've no intention of describing them on the internet without a better understanding of statute of limitations.
Tom

A motion to table vote on McCarthy was defeated 218 to 208 (with 7 non-votes). 11 Rs voted against it, only needed 5 if all Dems vote against.

So this thing is awn!

Well I hope Dems are trying to get something from McCarthy (or an alternate) for their support.
They have the leverage at this point. But it needs to be upfront and immediate. It really appears that we are revisiting the Speaker vote from the beginning of the term.

The only way out might be to expel Gaetz.

I think Mac might be toast.
The Dems I thought might try for a pound of flesh, actually seem unwilling to trust the slimebag (go figure) enough to make any deals with him. It’s gonna be a long 44 days.

The only way out might be to expel Gaetz.

Sure. Expel Matty, Bobo, Marge, Gym, Gomer, Tubby and a couple of others and ya got a deal!

McCarthy is very very partisan. He has done nothing to get the Dems to back him. He opened an impeachment inquiry where the GOP star witnesses said there was nothing to impeach for. There is no one better than McCarthy at the moment, a few worst, but ultimately, this whole episode is showing the gross dysfunction of the GOP and how worthless they've become.

In Congress, the GOP House is about to vote to oust McCarthy. Groovy!

If ousted, there will be another election to elect a new House leader. This would be exciting. The angry non-Freedom caucus members won't vote for a GOP extremist. The extremists won't vote for a non-extremist. To give in to the extremists will make GOP fortunes in 2024 doubtful.

As a subtle reminder to the GOP in the House, go fuck yourself! Jim Jordan, Kevin McCarthy, Gaetz, Boebert, Garcia, Cole... they all voted to overturn the 2020 election. When they talk about saving an institution, they can go look in the mirror and see who really should be told to leave the House of Representatives.

123 snarling GOP representitives who refused to accept the election results in Arizona and Pennsylvania. Election thieves, all of them.

4 GOP votes to oust McCarthy, at least temporarily from the Speakership. One more and it is over... for at least a bit, which could be a hour or a week or a month?

Back
Top Bottom