• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harris will likely win

We are still waiting for your discussion on why Harris is “dopey”. It’s because you have no reasons.
we don’t even know the definition of “dopey” being used.
Honestly, she certainly has said some really insanely dopey things. I don't know if you guys are playing some kind of game here, or genuinely don't know.

Have you seen this clip of her talking to some Google employees a few years ago?

And in case you wondering if the video is a fake, there's this from snopes:

Yes, Kamala Harris Once Said Cloud Storage Exists 'Above Us,' Not in a 'Physical Place'

At least her kind of 'dopey' isn’t about threatening to use the U.S. military against citizens or tossing out the Constitution. I just wish Trump’s 'dopey' moments stuck to things like McDonald’s fries or his views on windmills causing cancer.

It’s less worrying to me if Kamala doesn’t know how cloud data storage works than that Donald doesn’t know how tariffs work, which are the cornerstone of his economic policy.
The thing is, that video is from when she was the SF District Attorney. Google was looking to her for some legal expertise in the subject of data privacy. Even if she didn't know much ahead of time about cloud computing, how hard is to spend a few hours studying in preparation for such a talk so you can at least converse at a basic level with the audience? Can we trust that she will do her due diligence when talking to foreign leaders as POTUS about national security issues, or will she just go with whatever idea is floating around in her head?

It’s less worrying to me if Kamala doesn’t know how cloud data storage works than that Donald doesn’t know how tariffs work, which are the cornerstone of his economic policy.
The thing is, that video is from when she was the SF District Attorney. Google was looking to her for some legal expertise in the subject of data privacy. Even if she didn't know much ahead of time about cloud computing, how hard is to spend a few hours studying in preparation for such a talk so you can at least converse at a basic level with the audience? Can we trust that she will do her due diligence when talking to foreign leaders as POTUS about national security issues, or will she just go with whatever idea is floating around in her head?
I’m sure there’s a good answer to this question but in a binary choice election it is clear that she is superior to the alternative in this regard.

So even if she could use improvement and I am not conceding that she does (as you point out you are referring to something much earlier in her career and most people get better as they progress through their career) there is no doubt in my mind about the fact that Donald is way worse in this regard.

I’m sure there’s a good answer to this question but in a binary choice election it is clear that she is superior to the alternative in this regard.

So even if she could use improvement and I am not conceding that she does (as you point out you are referring to something much earlier in her career and most people get better as they progress through their career) there is no doubt in my mind about the fact that Donald is way worse in this regard.

The dumb ass claimed that most people don’t know what a phone app is, just because he doesn’t. The man is as dumb as a fence post.

The dumb ass claimed that most people don’t know what a phone app is, just because he doesn’t. The man is as dumb as a fence post.
To be fair, a fence post is part of an organized group performing a coherent purpose and executing well on that purpose in most cases. I think you need to aim lower.

Let's hope she is/does get better, assuming she gets elected. It doesn't seem as though the cloud story was a fluke. Maybe more of an M.O.?

A Kamala Harris staff exodus reignites questions about her leadership style — and her future ambitions

Staffers who worked for Harris before she was vice president said one consistent problem was that Harris would refuse to wade into briefing materials prepared by staff members, then berate employees when she appeared unprepared.

“It’s clear that you’re not working with somebody who is willing to do the prep and the work,” one former staffer said. “With Kamala you have to put up with a constant amount of soul-destroying criticism and also her own lack of confidence. So you’re constantly sort of propping up a bully and it’s not really clear why.”

We are still waiting for your discussion on why Harris is “dopey”. It’s because you have no reasons.
we don’t even know the definition of “dopey” being used.
Honestly, she certainly has said some really insanely dopey things. I don't know if you guys are playing some kind of game here, or genuinely don't know.

Have you seen this clip of her talking to some Google employees a few years ago?

And in case you wondering if the video is a fake, there's this from snopes:

Yes, Kamala Harris Once Said Cloud Storage Exists 'Above Us,' Not in a 'Physical Place'

You think that's bad IT information? How about this?

"A series of tubes" is a phrase used originally as an analogy by then-United States Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) to describe the Internet.

Let's hope she is/does get better, assuming she gets elected. It doesn't seem as though the cloud story was a fluke. Maybe more of an M.O.?

A Kamala Harris staff exodus reignites questions about her leadership style — and her future ambitions

Staffers who worked for Harris before she was vice president said one consistent problem was that Harris would refuse to wade into briefing materials prepared by staff members, then berate employees when she appeared unprepared.

“It’s clear that you’re not working with somebody who is willing to do the prep and the work,” one former staffer said. “With Kamala you have to put up with a constant amount of soul-destroying criticism and also her own lack of confidence. So you’re constantly sort of propping up a bully and it’s not really clear why.”

In my experience, that's what almost all politicians are like to work with.

These are the kinds of people who want the job - which no sane person would consider. It requires crazy levels of ego, and is a terrifyingly unstable work environment, in which events you have little or no control over could get you sacked without recourse or appeal, while simultaneously you cannot be sacked before the end of a multi-year term, no matter how shit you are at your actual job.

Politicians are a selected subset of the population who can tolerate such a working environment; And so it would be surprising if most of them were not wierdoes.

The wierdness factor seems to increase with the size of their jurisdiction; When you know many of your constituents personally, you might do the job from a sense of service, even duty. But for politics at the state or federal level (or even for individual large cities), the driver is more commonly ego, and to want the job you need an amount of ego that would be detrimental, perhaps even insane, in most other spheres of employment.

And this describes Donald Trump but a hundredfold.

That’s still better than a guy who wouldn’t read intelligence briefings unless they could dumb it down and make it about him.

It was noted that the more his name appeared the more he was interested.

I’m not saying Harris is perfect but her imperfections don’t bother me given the binary choice available.

I’m also willing to entertain the difference between what Kamala’s former staffers say about her and whether they would trust her as President against what Donald’s former cabinet would say.

We already know the latter.

It's pretty sad to me that our system cannot produce technologically literate political candidates. We kind of screwed in the long term, if those in charge of keeping the lights on have no idea how they work.
Because the tech-minded is the opposite skill set of handling people well.

Michelle Obama issued an impassioned plea to American voters on Saturday — and, in particular, American men — anchored in a searing and intimate depiction of women’s bodies and reproductive health, and what she described as the life-or-death stakes of returning former President Donald J. Trump to power.

Oh behave Michelle. It looks like cackling Harris campaign of “joy” and “vibes” isn’t enough to seduce the voters into voting for dopey Harris. We must be frightened into voting for Harris as she offers nothing.
Any time a woman says something you don’t like you tell her to “behave”. What does that say about you?

Your disrespect for women is showing AGAIN.

And if women laugh, it's a "cackle". Ooooh, scary!
Not “women”, Harris. And it’s not scary.
And I’m sure you said that about Hillary. “I don’t mind a women president, just NOT that one.”

You are so predictable.

Michelle Obama issued an impassioned plea to American voters on Saturday — and, in particular, American men — anchored in a searing and intimate depiction of women’s bodies and reproductive health, and what she described as the life-or-death stakes of returning former President Donald J. Trump to power.

Oh behave Michelle. It looks like cackling Harris campaign of “joy” and “vibes” isn’t enough to seduce the voters into voting for dopey Harris. We must be frightened into voting for Harris as she offers nothing.
Any time a woman says something you don’t like you tell her to “behave”. What does that say about you?

Your disrespect for women is showing AGAIN.

And if women laugh, it's a "cackle". Ooooh, scary!
Not “women”, Harris. And it’s not scary.
And I’m sure you said that about Hillary. “I don’t mind a women president, just NOT that one.”

You are so predictable.
“I don’t mind a woman president, just not any woman alive on earth.”

There are quite a few people who have no idea what a phone app is. My mom and dad (recently deceased), plus several aunts and uncles (some alive still) for example, as are a lot of elderly people, people off grid, luddities, Amish, people in rural areas, homeless, mentally ill, disabled, etc. Probably my older brother as well, who has never owned a cell phone. But yeah, most likely the majority of people do know what a phone app is. On the other hand, I suspect the number of people (not including children under 11 years old) who think huge volumes of data just sorta float around in the clouds and atmosphere over our heads are pretty small , TBH.

Back
Top Bottom