• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hezbollah’s Exploding Electronics

I don't agree with full isolation. I just don't see any good guys in the Gaza/Hesbo/Israel situation.
There is no perfect good in the real world.
But Israel is many orders of magnitude more good than the evils of Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis and the theocracy in power in Tehran.
There is no question that we should wholeheartedly support Israel. Not only because of Israel, but also because their enemies are the enemies of the western civilization in general.
How do you feel about the Kingdom of Jordan?
What does your question refer to?

The Kingdom of Jordan violently assaulted Israel back in the 40s. And refuse to allow Palestinian Muslims to be Jordanian citizens.
Because you know what those Palestinians are like.

Jordan's monarchy has played a big role in screwing the future of the Muslims in Palestine. And they don't plan to change.

Israel is extremely convenient for Islamic authoritarians, especially the violent ones. If it weren't for Israel, they'd have to explain to their people why life in Islamic tyrannies is so awful (without a scapegoat.)
Tom

I don't agree with full isolation. I just don't see any good guys in the Gaza/Hesbo/Israel situation.
But Israel is many orders of magnitude more good than the evils of Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis and the theocracy in power in Tehran.
There is no question that we should wholeheartedly support Israel. Not only because of Israel, but also because their enemies are the enemies of the western civilization in general.

The Kingdom of Jordan violently assaulted Israel back in the 40s. And refuse to allow Palestinian Muslims to be Jordanian citizens.

Jordan's monarchy has played a big role in screwing the future of the Muslims in Palestine. And they don't plan to change.

Israel is extremely convenient for Islamic authoritarians, especially the violent ones. If it weren't for Israel, they'd have to explain to their people why life in Islamic tyrannies is so awful (without a scapegoat.)
Tom
Well Jordan did allow Palestians into Jordan after the six day war. Then, the pals tried to overthrow the Jordanian government. So yea, they haven’t been welcome since.

True, because even when it is spelked out, you still manage to get it wrong.
Nope. You are the one refusing to see it just because they use thinly veiled euphemisms like "Resistance" when they mean "Hamas".
Btw, you even misspelled "spelled". Weak.

True, because even when it is spelked out, you still manage to get it wrong.
Nope. You are the one refusing to see it just because they use thinly veiled euphemisms like "Resistance" when they mean "Hamas".
Btw, you even misspelled "spelled". Weak.
Derec, he is having a lend of you. Don't fall for it.

I’m with Derec:
There is no question that we should wholeheartedly support Israel.
I wish I could support their leader too. It would make a lot of things easier on a lot of people. Pretty much everyone but Bibi.

Islamists and other religious types will always wreak havoc. Jews don’t have a religious “kill the infidels” type of model, so I think it’s alright to hold them to a slightly higher standard than the bloodthirsty violent Islamist extremists. That’s why it vexes me to see them act equally bad and worse, statistically speaking.

They are moving in the wrong direction since 10/7.
Why?

If Israel seizes all of the West Bank and declares it to be part of Israel, then the Kingdom of Jordan will be on Israel's eastern border.

If the Two State solution is implemented, the Israel's eastern border will be with the State of Palestine governed by the Palestinian Authority, at least in the short term. And the PA has been modeling itself along the lines of the government of the Kingdom of Jordan, just without a royal family.

So how do you feel about that country? Is it a good model for a future State of Palestine to follow, or do you think some other country in the region would be a better one?

The Kingdom of Jordan violently assaulted Israel back in the 40s.

Zionists violently assaulted Palestinians in the 1930s-1940s, murdering thousands and stealing their homes, businesses, farms, etc., and driving hundreds of thousands out at gunpoint, many of whom wound up in refugee camps in Jordan. They didn't stop driving Palestinians out at gunpoint and occasionally massacring them until the mid 1950s.

Why can't you admit that terrorists overrunning a territory and declaring that it's a new State doesn't mean every other State has to recognize it as legitimate. The Jordanians would have been fools to consider Israel a peaceful neighbor while the terrorists running it continued to seize land and murder civilians.

No one wants a State created via terrorism and run by dyed-in-the-wool, real live terrorists, on their borders.
And refuse to allow Palestinian Muslims to be Jordanian citizens.

That is incorrect. Most Palestinians in Jordan are naturalized citizens. The reason why some of them aren't is a very interesting bit of history if you're interested in taking a closer look.

How so?

The Kingdom of Jordan has been a staunch supporter of the Palestinian efforts to be recognized as the indigenous people of Palestine, of the Right of Return for refugees, and has done more than any other nation to help establish a State of Palestine in the West Bank and Gaza.
Tom
Is life in Jordan awful? Or are you painting with the broadest brush you could find?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom