• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Russia's human wave attacks are incompetent wastes of life.
This is the way Russia has always conducted war. You are looking at the carnage from our western perspective where the service member's life is a great concern. People die but the attempt is made to minimize casualties. No attempt to minimize casualties is ever factored into Russian military operations and never has been. The western press makes a big deal out of this but we shouldn't be surprised. We should expect it.

This is the way Russia has always conducted war. You are looking at the carnage from our western perspective where the service member's life is a great concern. People die but the attempt is made to minimize casualties. No attempt to minimize casualties is ever factored into Russian military operations and never has been. The western press makes a big deal out of this but we shouldn't be surprised. We should expect it.
MSM is lying to you. Russia has not really used human waves attacks even in WW2.
military losses of Germany and USSR were pretty much comparable if you exclude catastrophic losses during initial invasion of better prepared West.
We don't do human waves attack and bears don't roam russian city streets.

Last edited:
If Ukraine had not resisted, it would no longer be Ukraine. China was not out to reclaim India. The two situations are not comparable.
Ladakh is India (at least by Indian position). That way Cremea was not Ukraine. What was wrong in Russia occupying it? The two situations are comparable.
Crimea was part of Ukraine. The current Russian invasion of Ukraine extends beyond Crimea. It is an existential threat to Ukraine.

Ladakh is an extremely sparsely populated area and there is no existential threat to India. The two situations are not comparable in any reasonable fashion.

“That way Cremea was not Ukraine. ” is an utterly incoherent sentence. Maybe Aupy would like to re-phrase? I understand English isn’t his first language, but that’s not even how to spell Crimea.

MSM is lying to you. Russia has not really used human waves attacks even in WW2.
military losses of Germany and USSR were pretty much comparable if you exclude catastrophic losses during initial invasion of better prepared West.

There is lying going on. But in this case, not about Russia's massive casualties and deaths in this evil invasion of Ukraine.

barbos said:
And Russia has exterminated millions of its own citizens. It's the Russian way.

You seem to be quite naive about Russia's intentions.
And you know so much about Russia's intentions. How so?
I have eyes and ears.
And I don't?
Apparently not.
That's convenient. Declare anyone with your retarded views as blind and deaf and be done with it.
Jeffrey Sachs? - Blind and deaf!

Putin has made his intentions publicly and clearly.
He certainly did. And they are not what you bullshit here.

barbos said:
And Russia has exterminated millions of its own citizens. It's the Russian way.
And there are no toilets in Russia.

And you know so much about Russia's intentions. How so?
I have eyes and ears.
And I don't?
Apparently not.
That's convenient. Declare anyone with your retarded views as blind and deaf and be done with it.
Jeffrey Sachs? - Blind and deaf!
Jeffrey Sachs is an economist. That doesn't make him an expert in international politics. He's basically a step or two above the drunk at the end of the bar complaining about the government is out to get him on this subject.

Putin has made his intentions publicly and clearly.
He certainly did. And they are not what you bullshit here.
We all saw and heard them.

If there are many people who can't follow your logic, ..?

Russia doesn't have to be an enemy. They could just give up on being an aggressive imperialist nation. Then NATO would longer be needed, and could just go away
I am a staunch Hindu and a strong atheist. I do not believe in possibility of existence of God, soul, heaven, hell, judgment, reward, punishment, reincarnation. Nearly all Hindus differ from my views. That my views are strange and not acceptable to other people has never worried me.
Till the time NATO exists, it will be in conflict with Russia and China. NATO should have been folded up when USSR disintegrated.

Russia doesn't have to be an enemy. They could just give up on being an aggressive imperialist nation. Then NATO would longer be needed, and could just go away
I am a staunch Hindu and a strong atheist. I do not believe in possibility of existence of God, soul, heaven, hell, judgment, reward, punishment, reincarnation. Nearly all Hindus differ from my views. That my views are strange and not acceptable to other people has never worried me.
Till the time NATO exists, it will be in conflict with Russia and China. NATO should have been folded up when USSR disintegrated.
The facts of reality disagree with this view.

What is obvious is you have no position. You obviously like Putin, maybe because he sells you lots of cheap oil. You say you wish Ukraine can defeat Russia and reclaim its land. You say Putin was right to invade because NATO blah blah blah. You are very conflicted in what you say and therefore useless to resolving anything.
Of course, Russia is important to us. More important than oil is that we get some armaments from Russia. I do not wish defeat for either Ukraine or Russia. I wish them to arrive at some solution to end the war. NATO's expansionism which caused the war. My views are in line with the views of my country.

So Russia could invade the Baltics. Ukraine and Poland?

That’s probably true. If you can call it a deal. If the Russians hadn’t taken their toys off Fidel’s paradise, Havana and Moscow would have both been at risk, as well as Miami and much of the east coast. India
Would have been ok.
India has equal love for Miami, West coast of US, Moscow and Havana. (You need to edit the last portion of your post which makes no sense. ;))

In this case it is. What do you think would happen if Ukraine laid down its arms while Russia is still on the offensive?

You have your own opinions about Russian intentions. Ukraine should cease fire only if Russia too accepts it and both nations agree to resolve issues across the table.

So you referred to a nonexistent security alliance because….?
I am patiently replying to 10 or more alerts on the subject everyday. I hope you will excuse me for this mistake.
"On 21 February, Yanukovych and the parliamentary opposition signed an agreement to bring about an interim unity government, constitutional reforms and early elections. .. The next day, 22 February, the Ukrainian parliament voted to remove Yanukovych from office by 328 to 0."
May I ask why? If Yanukovych's election was unconstitutional, then the removal of Yanukovych also was unconstitutional. Just rowdyism. That too was done by the same Parliament. Was the Ukrainian parliament elected fairly and democratically (like in India or UK, US system is a bit different for the election of the President by being indirect)?

Back
Top Bottom