• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Well, they sure the heck haven't won yet.
Well, Elensky is talking about "territories in exchange for peace" referendum.
Oh, that is right, I forgot Russia was only trying to Annex smalls part of Ukraine.
that's what Elensky wants. I want the whole shebang including Western Ukraine.
Also, I would like to restore Russian borders as they were in 1916. So our finish and polish, for that matter, friends might start moderating their trash talk.

Oh, I'm sure that Utin wants the same thing. Or more. BTW: I'm sure that it's easy for you to be so pro-war when you are too old to serve and don't have any kids who live in Russia and could be drafted. As a father of three teenagers, my perspective has changed regarding war...
Hey, Russian teens are just meat. They have to go through the grinder for Mother Russia. That’s just how it is, how it always has been, and if they get their way, how it always will be. For everyone.

“But we have to ask ourselves: Why are they coming home? And I think it’s because bad guys all over the world recognize Donald Trump’s about to be back in office, so they’re cleaning house,” he said. “That’s a good thing, and I think it’s a testament to Donald Trump’s strength.”
-JD Vance

"I don't follow."
-National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan

OMFG! Trump is taking credit for the prisoner swap.
“Why didn’t he do it when he was president?”
-Joe Biden
Trump is the biggest TALK and no action of any politician in history! He didn't secure the border, he didn't lower the deficit, he didn't pull us out of Afghanistan, didn't lower the temperature with Russia or China, didn't pass an infrastructure bill, and didn't do this prisoner swap with Russia!

Next 10 - 30 years will be very hard for the average Russian people depending when the sanctions will be lifted
Have you built a base for the yankees yet? You thought they will pay for it, did not you?
Sanctions, at least in short to medium terms, is the best thing that happened to Russia.

Last edited:
Well, they sure the heck haven't won yet.
Well, Elensky is talking about "territories in exchange for peace" referendum.
Oh, that is right, I forgot Russia was only trying to Annex smalls part of Ukraine.
that's what Elensky wants. I want the whole shebang including Western Ukraine.
Also, I would like to restore Russian borders as they were in 1916. So our finish and polish, for that matter, friends might start moderating their trash talk.

Oh, I'm sure that Utin wants the same thing. Or more. BTW: I'm sure that it's easy for you to be so pro-war when you are too old to serve and don't have any kids who live in Russia and could be drafted. As a father of three teenagers, my perspective has changed regarding war...
I don't see you protesting against US war in Ukraine. Did not see you at any anti-war protests for that matter, not in Yugoslavia, not in Iraq, not in Libya, not in Syria.

Such a nice guy with speech impediment.
Read comments.

I see no takers, as expected.

Of course we want to stress Russia, that is what sanctions and travel banns are for. And Russia is stressing the western alliance, aka Europe, by aggression and interference in elections.

If Putin stays withing his borders most of us over here would give a shit what goes on in Russia,

Putin theted Sweden and Fnland if they joied NATO.

Interference in he choices of free and intended states by a paranoid self important pompous ass, Putin.

Next 10 - 30 years will be very hard for the average Russian people depending when the sanctions will be lifted
Have you built a base for the yankees yet? You thought they will pay for it, did not you?
Sanctions, at least in short to medium terms, is the best thing that happened to Russia.
Did you say Yankee?

American optimism vs Russian stoicism.

By the way, are there any Irish sniggers and dancers in Russia? They could help you with all that chronic Russian depression and gloom.

Last edited:
Did you say Yankee?

American optimism vs Russian stoicism.

By the way, are there any Irish sniggers and dancers in Russia? They could help you with all that chronic Russian depression and gloom.
Russia is fairly southern country (cold yes, but sunny), certainly more sunny then finland and Ireland.

Barbos wrote:
"Have you built a base for the yankees yet? You thought they will pay for it, did not you?
Sanctions, at least in short to medium terms, is the best thing that happened to Russia."

Two completely different matters, but I can respond to both:

• U.S. Bases: Of course, everything was budgeted, and also the costs were reported in Finnish newspapers, etc. The only somewhat odd thing was that when the issue was brought to Parliament, it was unanimously in favor of the bases. Such unanimity has never been seen before. Both far-left and far-right agreed on everything!

U.S. soldiers act as a sort of insurance. Whether there are 100 or 500 U.S. soldiers is completely irrelevant, because if any violent conflict occurs and U.S. soldiers are injured or killed, there will be a huge uproar in the U.S. The media will shout, "Our boys are..." and after that, no U.S. politician will dare oppose sending weapons to the northern front.

• Sanctions: The sanctions hit the poorest half of the population hardest - now and the next XX-years. However, this depends on where the citizen lives: In large cities, poor people will go hungry, while in the countryside, they grow and preserve their own food.

I lived in Russia for six years, both in the largest cities and in rural towns and villages. The difference is enormous—both in good and bad ways. I encountered various life stories and truly unbelievable situations. Russia does not care about their citizens in peace time, war time and even less after the war.

P.S.
    I do not live in Greece anymore. I have lived the last seven years in Bulgaria - a nice country with good people.
    I just do not know how to change the "Location"-text?

Last edited:
Barbos

Rand Coro ration is a think tank paid in part to figure out how to deal with our adversaries.

Russia is continually trying to put Europe and Arcane off balance as is China to the USA.

We are aware of Russian hacking on our infrastructure and businesses.

Russia aka Putin is nostalgic to ;liberal western democracy. It is a threat to his authoritarian rule, at this point dictator for like.

Russia is keeping the Cold War antagonism alive. Part of that is being disruptive in the west. Putin believes weakening the west makes him more secure.

Russia, China, the Brits, France, USA are always thinking through ways to deal with an adversary.

These days cyber space.

Maybe you are blissfully unaware of what your government does.

Russia invading and seizing Crimea was a wake up call to Europe. Russia makes itself an adversary, there are consequences. Russia does not ant peaceful coexistence with the west Asreult NATO plas for the possibility of war, cyber space or otherwise.

What Rand is ding on Russia is part of intelligence and counter intelligence, it never ends.

If want us to think Russia is somehow an innocent victim you are wasting your time.

Personally I think Russia should build a wall around itself and stay in it

Other than Cuba, North Korea, China and a few other places Putin's Russia is incompatible with the majority of the world. Free speech, free press, freedom of choice. Rule of law. Freedom of political views, Freedom to question government, free elctions.

The only supporters of Russia are small petty dictators

Back
Top Bottom