• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Is Russia a good and just political system?"
Russia and China are dictatorships.
Yeah, China can wait, and so too India. We too are thousands of years old.
Yeah, a 'river bank' is friendly action.
Quings accepted cessation of Amur territory. Of course, the Chinese policy is different today.
True. China wants Russia, US and India to get weaker to boss the world.

Last edited:
And NATO has not done violence in pursuit of either.
You forget Yugoslavia.
No, I don't
The breakup was orchestrated by NATO.
🤣

The breakup of Yugoslavia has roots in the geopolitical conflicts between the Russian, Ottoman, and Austro-Hungarian empires, and in the religious loyalties (Orthodox Christian, Islamic, and Roman Catholic, respectively) of their subjects.

The truly impressive thing about Yugoslavia was that it took so long to fall apart in bloody civil war; The only thing preventing that from happening was Soviet support of Serbian dominance in the country, which was stitched together from incompatible parts in 1918, following the Great War (aka World War I), whose roots were the exact same ethnic and religious conflicts, in the exact same geographical area, that led to the 1991-2 collapse of the nation.

The breakup of Yugoslavia was inevitable, thirty years before NATO was even thought of.

Conflict in the area that was later to become Yugoslavia, in the nineteenth century, is at the root of all European international conflict since. Strife in what wasn't yet Yugoslavia, between Serbs, Croats, Albanians, Greeks, and Bosnians, caused three wars in three years starting in 1912, with the last of these expanding to engulf the entire continent, and the resolution of that war sowing the seeds for an even larger war two decades later, that engulfed the entire world.

Nobody needed to orchestrate the breakup of Yugoslavia. It needed constant intervention to stop it from disintegrating from day one.

Last edited:

Great News!​

Ruzzain Group is Trapped in Sudzha city of Kursk region​

- A second convoy destroyed:

1723370563681.png

A new small attack into Russia:

1723370638203.png

UA is still silent about the Kursk attack.

Alexander Bortnikov, this is your window of opportunity.

Bortnikov, Director of FSB (formerly KGB), played a key role in Putin's original decision to invade Ukraine so he's a super smart guy. He opened up his gob (Putin opened it up for him) and announced counterterrorism operations in Kursk, Belgord, and Bryansk. IAW Russian federal law he is now in charge of expelling Ukrainians from Kursk Oblast. Russian law puts at his disposal various units within the Russian Armed Forces. Sounds like a good deal. What could go wrong? Well, Bortnikov has to bring these disparate armed elements likely of varying degrees training, readiness, and effectiveness together into a cohesive force. So it will likely be men who did not expect to and do not want to go into battle currently under commanders who will cover their ass with paperwork to ensure it is not in the fire with Bortnikov. In the US military we call this a goat rope. Also known as a fiasco, debacle, or clusterfuck. ISW reports, this picking from various resources is exactly what is happening. This indicates Russia has no reserves to dedicate to Kursk. So it will be the untrained, unwilling, and exhausted who will do the deed.

Alexander Bortnikov, this is your window of opportunity.

Bortnikov, Director of FSB (formerly KGB), played a key role in Putin's original decision to invade Ukraine so he's a super smart guy. He opened up his gob (Putin opened it up for him) and announced counterterrorism operations in Kursk, Belgord, and Bryansk. IAW Russian federal law he is now in charge of expelling Ukrainians from Kursk Oblast. Russian law puts at his disposal various units within the Russian Armed Forces. Sounds like a good deal. What could go wrong? Well, Bortnikov has to bring these disparate armed elements likely of varying degrees training, readiness, and effectiveness together into a cohesive force. So it will likely be men who did not expect to and do not want to go into battle currently under commanders who will cover their ass with paperwork to ensure it is not in the fire with Bortnikov. In the US military we call this a goat rope. Also known as a fiasco, debacle, or clusterfuck. ISW reports, this picking from various resources is exactly what is happening. This indicates Russia has no reserves to dedicate to Kursk. So it will be the untrained, unwilling, and exhausted who will do the deed.

Ukraine should print leaflets with the following message:
"We will be conducting limited friendly special operations in your area in the coming months. If you feel that you are Ukrainian, be ready when we come to liberate you!"
Then these should be distributed to every possible border village.
This would keep the FSB busy and finally drive Putin over the edge. :thumbup:

That's retarded. Russian soldiers are not allowed to have cellphones while on active mission. Once they are rotated out they can use cellphones. The reason for this is ukro-terrorists use cell phone signal for locating targets. Typically, soldiers call relatives before mission and after. If they don't, that usually means they lost their lives fighting nazis.
One has to be retarded to believe anything that comes from ukro-nazi propaganda.
And Dancing Queen Sanna Marin is utterly corrupt cunt and trator of the Finland.
Another case of shooting yourself in the foot.

If they really were terrorists Russians would not be in danger using phones. It's the fact that they are soldiers, not terrorists, that makes using phones dangerous. Soldiers shoot at enemy soldiers, terrorists shoot at civilians.
how is that shooting yourself in the foot?
And they are terrorists. There can't be any doubt about that. being terrorists does not prevent you from engaging in ordinary military action against military which try to eliminate said terrorists.
Having said that. Terrorist regime in Kiev did use cell phone data to attack civilian administration leaders in Ukraine.
In any case, soldiers are not banned from using cell phones, but only when they are far from line of contact.
Terrorists do not engage in ordinary military action other than as needed to get to the civilians. Someone who is tracking soldier's transmitters to shoot at them is not a terrorist.

Russian Kommersant:

1723387107617.png
The highway from Kursk to Sudzha has turned into a real death road
Photo: Anatoly Zhdanov, Kommersant

A very long article:
"People called their relatives, they called 112, left requests for removal, for assistance - but all this was as if in the void. Phones 01, 02, city administration - no one answered. I only got through to the emergency service of the Sudzhansky district - they answered: "We are not in control of the situation, we know nothing." Well, this is understandable - there is an ordinary operator there, the same city resident. Of course, he knows nothing and has not received any orders. So we were left to our own devices.

— There was no evacuation?

— The word “evacuation” was simply not heard in Sudzha — neither on August 6 nor 7. If you don’t believe me, read our publics or comments on the governor’s page. People were leaving the city on their own in the morning of August 6, using their own transport, I emphasize this. We did not have a centralized evacuation. When we left on August 7, we saw several green buses behind Bolshoy Soldatsky. They may be waiting there for people to evacuate. But how can we know about this if there is no connection? How can people who do not have their own transport get to this place? The elderly, the disabled — what should they do? My teacher lives next door to me, she is 90 years old. There is also a 93-year-old woman nearby, bedridden, she is usually looked after by social security workers. How can they leave?

In my opinion, the city administration should have gone around the streets with loudspeakers. Tell people what evacuation options there are, what awaits them. Find out what they need now. But none of this was done.

— When did you leave the city for the second time?

— On August 7 at 13:00 our landline phone stopped working. That was the last straw. So we decided to go to Kursk and inform the regional authorities about the situation. We picked up our neighbor, took her to her relatives — and went straight to the governor’s public reception office. We left a statement there — they said that there was no water, food, communication, gasoline in the city, but there were still people.

— In your opinion, were there many people left in the city on August 7?

- Yes. I don't know exactly how many - but I saw people riding bicycles. I even saw children on the streets.

- Maybe these people themselves don't want to leave? And they don't need evacuation?

- Maybe so. But we need to find out, you understand. We need to at least talk to them, try to convince them to leave. Tell them where they will be accommodated, what guarantees will be provided. In the end, find out how many there are and what they need. I saw on the news that in the Belgorod region people did not leave Shebekino - and they were given food there.

— But in Shebekino the situation was still simpler...

Here Olga Dmitrievna gets confused for the first time and does not immediately find an answer.

"The situation here is still unclear," she says finally. "Everything they write about the situation in Sudzha still needs to be verified. That's why we're going home today."

Read the rest here:

Thought here: Are the reports of Ukrainian forces in Russia a case of doing an end run around the defenses?
I don't think so. I'm honestly confused by this. It may be they are trying to draw strength away from other sectors or maybe they just want to thumb their nose at the invaders and Adolph. Or maybe they just want to get a reaction, particularly from the air, gather some intel, test their defenses. Two years ago I would have suspected the end run you suggest, but not today. This also may be a collaboration with partisans. Whatever the case I do hope it continues.
Russia (unlike terrorist regime in Kiev) have reserves, they don't need to shuffle men from one place to another to plug the holes everywhere.
Fun fact. There were cases where ukrainians would bring their hardcore well trained nazis to plug a hole, russians obviously see that and simply let them occupy whatever they were sent to occupy and then just wait until these nazis are rotated to plug the hole in other place replaced by untrained conscripts and these conscripts are then eliminated.

Recent ukrainian fiasco near forgot the name was a result of ukro-regime sending men defending the place to plug the hole somewhere else and replacing it with newly kidnapped men.
The fact that you haven't repulsed them yet says a lot. And you were rushing people to the defense--got a convoy smashed by a missile strike. That means you were not taking care to spread out because they were in a hurry.

The breakup of Yugoslavia was inevitable, thirty years before NATO was even thought of.
Then how come it lasted for 35 years.
NATO has its eyes everywhere. They don't miss an opportunity.
I don't blame them. We understand that very well.
That is why US issues regular reports about India on freedom of expression or religion, etc.
When does China take back what Stalin grabbed?
The Quing dynasty occupied Amur region. The Quing dynasty ceded the Amur region to Russia.
What is there for China to take back?
They should take it if they can.

Last edited:
It might be the atomic power plant:

How to stop and then make it dysfunctional - I have no idea. I think it would take several weeks.
Don't need to stop it. And messing with the plant wouldn't be a good thing.

Instead, smash the transformers. They're custom things with a long lead time.

Dylan Burns: The Unevacuatables | Jake Broe Podcast (E024)​

11.8.2024 The Jake Broe Show
Dylan Burns is a YouTuber, streamer, and independent journalist who has spent significant time on the ground in Ukraine with front-line units to give first-hand reports of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Dylan Burns has recently released a full-length documentary about a Ukrainian evacuation worker and his mission to save lives.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the documentary:

The tragedy of Russia's invasion as seen through the eyes of Dimitry "Dima" Nazarchuk - a Ukrainian aid worker who risked his life to evacuate dozens of people from the most violent locations on the front lines of the war.
This documentary reveals the complex relationship between rescuer and rescuee, and shows how those who remain until the last moment are among the hardest to evacuate.

Ukrainian forces should just march on Moscow and see what happens. The last time that renegade with his mercenaries began to march on Moscow, Adolf Putin fled north to St. Petersburg with his tail between his legs like the scared kitten he actually is. Then the renegade inexplicably called off the March. If Ukraine were to announce it was aiming right at Moscow the whole demoralized Russian armed forces and indeed the whole government might fold like a cheap tent.
They don't have the logistics to do that.

ISW tells that UA is already 35 km inside Russia.

View attachment 47142

The report:

I had thought it was a flanking maneuver but that's far from the main combat area. I guess they must be trying to force Russia to redeploy--we've already seen how poor their convoy security is.

Back
Top Bottom