• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

And what you said is exactly why someone will push that button and use the only weapon they have that will “win” the war for them.. a preemptive strike but at what ? There are too many missles from too many directions to stop the destruction of our ecosystem.

The threat to Pootin is internal, not external. Nobody's going to invade Russia and he knows that. The only thing he could possibly accomplish is to nuke Ukraine and if he took that option the current isolation would be nothing compared to what would follow.
Isolation for what? Swatting a bothersome trouble making gnat? Russia then leaves the uncontrolled region for peaceful settlers to take over.
Ukraine has done nothing to be "swatted like a gnat", a euphemism apparently for Russian causing mass destruction and murder in order to conduct another land grab. My god where do you get your "information"? From Pravda?

I don't know if Ukraine really needs to join Nato. They are kicking Russia's ass right now!
I admit they are holding their own. How well would they be doing without all the military hardware? Look at how much damage to their country they have sustained. Membership in NATO would have prevented the invasion and all the damage. We all know that and should admit our mistake. We fucked up. Time to learn and move on.

Not joining NATO is exactly what the Pig wants to happen. He'll be back unless he sees the price is too high. You've got to remember this isn't about what Russia wants, they are fine with Ukraine being whatever Ukraine wants to be. This is about the Pig and the piglets.
Do you think this is a war!? Warning people before wiping out their entire neighborhood?
This is a cat playing with a mouse he can eat on a whim.

This is a geriatric cat who discovered the mouse was a capybara. Moscow is raining crap on neighborhoods because it's not capable of doing anything more.

And look at the reliability (lack thereof) of Russian weapons. What happens if he tosses a nuke at Ukraine and it doesn't go boom?
Right even if they miss with one nuke.. they have another thousand at the reasdy. You saw what a nuclear accident could do at Chernobyl.. a deliberate attack would do far more damage…making the Ukraine an indefensible uninhabited wasteland but perfect for access to the Black Sea.

This was no attempt to destroy Ukraine. That you’ll not benefit Russia. It was a control device to make the world know any attempt by any country to block access to the Black Sea would result in a war the Ukraine would not survive even with NATO support if they could get it. This is Russia using Ukraine like a political football… just a safety not a field goal or touchdown.. Russia has to much to gain by keeping the Ukraine as an asset.
Look at the map. Russia had Crimea before the war, and even if it didn't, it still would have other ports in the black sea. So what you're saying is utter bullshit. On the other hand, Russia in this war is clearly attempting to take the entire Ukrainian coastline from sea of Azov to Odessa (although the latter plan may have been delayed or abandoned due to Ukrainian resistance), thereby blocking Ukraine's access to the black sea.

Like all pro-Russian apologists, or idiots who believe Russian propaganda, you're blaming Ukraine for the things that Russia is actually doing.
And of course like so many ignorant people anti Russian fear mongers like the Ukrainian will try and use their victim mentality to force others to support their power grabbing attempt
Russia has no credibility when it comes to peacefully coexisting with it's neighbors and to claim that Ukraine is attempting a power grab is batshit crazy.
Many people try using the poor me the victim to get others to fight battles they cannot win on their own merits

I can assure you that any military that has created nuclear weapons knows how to use them.. even if their fodder peons do not.
We've all seen some pretty compelling evidence that suggests Russia's missiles would have a difficult time leaving their silos. Duh.
And of course Russia allows anyone access to their secret military arsenal.. sure they do…
It’s ridiculous to ASSume Russia does not have the power to back up its claims.

Many people try using the poor me the victim to get others to fight battles they cannot win on their own merits
Ukraine is the victim but you don't really think that the west is helping Ukraine because it's playing the victim do you? It's because if you let Putin take one country he's just going to take another and another. Putin is the Borg.

And what you said is exactly why someone will push that button and use the only weapon they have that will “win” the war for them.. a preemptive strike but at what ? There are too many missles from too many directions to stop the destruction of our ecosystem.

The threat to Pootin is internal, not external. Nobody's going to invade Russia and he knows that. The only thing he could possibly accomplish is to nuke Ukraine and if he took that option the current isolation would be nothing compared to what would follow.
Isolation for what? Swatting a bothersome trouble making gnat? Russia then leaves the uncontrolled region for peaceful settlers to take over.
Ukraine has done nothing to be "swatted like a gnat", a euphemism apparently for Russian causing mass destruction and murder in order to conduct another land grab. My god where do you get your "information"? From Pravda?
Yeah nuclear holocaust was once fanboy rhetoric .. now it is a very real danger… not mass destruction just pruning the Ukrainian weeds that are infesting it.

Ukraine is the victim but you don't really think that the west is helping Ukraine because it's playing the victim do you? It's because if you let Putin take one country he's just going to take another and another. Putin is the Borg.
It did not happen in wwii and Russia will always be the sleeping bear until it needs to set an example of its ability to quash rebellious children.

It did not happen in wwii and Russia will always be the sleeping bear until it needs to set an example of its ability to quash rebellious children.

My god, what did Russia/USSR do immediatelly after WWII.

A soverine nation who does not want to be subjugated by Russia is not a rebelious child. Once again, where do you get your "information"?

As I said that would just cause bigger problems which is why Russia needs to nip this uprising in the bud.

As I said that would just cause bigger problems which is why Russia needs to nip this uprising in the bud.

Russia needs to get the fuck out of Ukraine and stop attacking it's neighbors. But i'm not interested in arguing with Pravda so you are on ignore

Have you been paying attention? Like at all?

Once again, where do you get your "information"?
Considering agodfortheathiest hasn't yet to provide a single link in the 150+ posts they've made in little over a week, I don't like your chances for a meaningful answer.

My god, what did Russia/USSR do immediatelly after WWII.

A soverine nation who does not want to be subjugated by Russia is not a rebelious child. Once again, where do you get your "information"?
Information? As if you are a close confidante to the Ukraine and Russian power oligarchs?
And yes it is metaphorically a spoiled child .. that needs to be sent to its room and think about the consequences of its actions.. hopefully this spanking will be enough to stop a total solution be applied

Have you been paying attention? Like at all?

Once again, where do you get your "information"?
Considering agodfortheathiest hasn't yet to provide a single link in the 150+ posts they've made in little over a week, I don't like your chances for a meaningful answer.
I do not present links. I present evidence logic and reason to come to my conclusions instead of just regurgitating the propaganda crap most people allow to affect their opinions…

I do not present links. I present evidence logic and reason to come to my conclusions instead of just regurgitating the propaganda crap most people allow to affect their opinions…
Well, you've certainly convinced me. A word of advice; once you enter high school you're going to hear a lot of, "show your working" from your teachers. Frankly you're not prepared for that so good luck.

The damage is not to Russia it is to our entire existence once the nukes start flying like that bugs bunny cartoon where they keep bringing out bigger and bigger weapons…
Russia is saying to Ukraine do not attempt to control our economy or we are prepared to blow you to smithereenies

Ukraine wasn't trying to control Russia's economy in the first place. They were just refusing to kowtow to Moscow.

And we have seen the majority of Russian missiles fail when someone pulled the trigger. I expect it to be much worse with their nukes. Their boomers are hardly able to patrol and would most likely be sunk before they could even try to fire their birds.
Yup. True dat.

Vid is bit long,but they have some good info on this issue.
There are maritime laws about this.

First it was "Russia just wants a neutral neighbor," now that neutral neighbor is "A spoiled child," who "needs a spanking."

Russia doesn't own Ukraine. Ukraine isn't a child. Ukraine is free to choose to associate with whomever they want to. Russia has no right to "spank" Ukraine, because Ukraine did nothing to deserve a spanking. But Russia has.

How much does it pay to be a shill for Russian propaganda? How much humanity does it cost a person who cheers for the deaths of children. How much integrity must a person lack to think fellating Putin is a worthy activity?

Putin wants ‘Korean scenario’ for Ukraine, says intelligence chief | Ukraine | The Guardian - "Ukrainian general says Moscow unable to ‘swallow’ country but faces guerrilla warfare if it tries to divide it"
Vladimir Putin is seeking to split Ukraine into two, emulating the postwar division between North and South Korea, the invaded country’s military intelligence chief has said.

In comments that raise the prospect of a long and bitter frozen conflict, Gen Kyrylo Budanov, who foretold of Russia’s invasion as far back as November, warned of bloody guerrilla warfare.

Budanov said he believed Putin had rethought his plan for full occupation since failing to swiftly take Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, and overthrow Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s government. “It is an attempt to create North and South Korea in Ukraine,” he said of the new Kremlin strategy.
Or East and West Germany. Or North and South Vietnam. Or Mainland China and Taiwan: Communist China and Capitalist China.

But he hasn't exactly pulled his troops away from Kyiv and Kharkiv.

The leader of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic, Leonid Pasechnik, claims that in the "near future", there will be a referendum on joining Russia.

How much does it pay to be a shill for Russian propaganda? How much humanity does it cost a person who cheers for the deaths of children. How much integrity must a person lack to think fellating Putin is a worthy activity?
In Russia? Prob’ly depends on how much propaganda you’ve been force fed and how exposed your loved ones are to reprisals.

Back
Top Bottom