• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hunter Biden spent over $850k in one year on hookers and blow

However I do seem to recall diggings into Trump's children's affairs at one stage (or more than once).

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about.
Most of the digging into Trump's children's affairs was related to and during, the time they were top White House officials.
It had more to do with nepotism and corruption than trying to find dirt on the President.
Tom

I liked Saturday Night Live Weekend Update's take on this:

The indictment alleges "that he evaded paying over a million dollars in taxes between 2016 and 2020...and they're only catching him now? Man, this is super embarrassing for whoever was President from 2016 to 2020."
Probably only caught Hunter thanks to his dad Brandon increasing the number of tax agents.

Let’s Go Brandon!!
Yeah! Fuck Biden! We only want nepotism in our Presidents! Long live the two tiered justice system [/Qtard]

I just think it is hilarious that the people on the right who are cheering this development are also losing their minds over Trump's fraud case in New York.

Yeah, Hunter spent his money on hookers and blow instead of taxes. Trump (including his sons) engaged in a years-long tax avoidance scheme, and if you think Stormy is the only one he paid hush money to I've got a subscription to Trump Magazine I'd like to sell you.
I'm shocked and dismayed that you'd promote such a mean rumor about our former president, Mr. Trump!
Current president. You can't prove otherwise, liberal.

Thank goodness being in Australia we do not get too much of these goings on, but still too much.

However I do seem to recall diggings into Trump's children's affairs at one stage (or more than once). If you go after someone's children it is bit precious to then complain if someone goes after your children.
Peculiar how the GOP didn't raise one trillionth of a stink when Hunter was appointed to the Burisma Board. Some did raise objections regarding conflicts of interest, but it was barely even a story.

Now it is impeachable.

Thank goodness being in Australia we do not get too much of these goings on, but still too much.

However I do seem to recall diggings into Trump's children's affairs at one stage (or more than once). If you go after someone's children it is bit precious to then complain if someone goes after your children.
Trumps kids were in his administration. Kind of different.

And he gave them security clearances when there was no way they would have gotten them without daddy. Cough, 2 billion from Saudi Arabia, Cough.

Lied on the form--it's an utterly stupid law that's already under constitutional challenge.

If they already know the truth, why the fuck are they asking us anyway?
It actually makes some sense. An awful lot of how modern society operates is based on punishment for lying rather than on actually checking. The problem is there's no justification for the rule in the first place.

Pretty much this. Imagine if Scott Morrison gave all his kids Government jobs, and high ranking government jobs at that. Imagines if one of them was in charge of all of South East Asia the way Jared Kushner has complete power over the Middle East.

In that scenario it's perfectly okay to "go after someone's children". They're literally in on it.

That thought crossed my mind too.
But I'm sufficiently literate to know what he meant. And not inclined to dwell on alternative meanings enough to post about it.
You aren't.
Tom
I am most certainly literate enough.
However, how serious do you want me to be in a thread about Hunter Biden? One that features coke and hookers at that?

And he gave them security clearances when there was no way they would have gotten them without daddy. Cough, 2 billion from Saudi Arabia, Cough.
Neither Biden's or Trump's kids needed security clearances. Hunter could just go dig through boxes in his dad's garage next to the Corvette to get classified material, and Ivanka could just rummage through daddy's closet at Mar-A-Lago.

Neither Biden's or Trump's kids needed security clearances. Hunter could just go dig through boxes in his dad's garage next to the Corvette to get classified material, and Ivanka could just rummage through daddy's closet at Mar-A-Lago.
Are you seriously trying to both sides this?

Well, my comment was meant to be taken as a joke. On the other hand, is there something I said that isn't true?

Well, my comment was meant to be taken as a joke. On the other hand, is there something I said that isn't true?
Ah... passive aggressive conservatism.

With Trump's kids being part of his administration, they likely did need security clearances to *perform their jobs. This would not be true of Biden's, of course.
The Corvette/closet attempt at humor was not lost on me but there is a canyon of difference between what Trump did and what Biden & Pence did. Working with classified documents and needing to work from home is par for the course for presidents and vice presidents. Biden and Pence just needed to do some housekeeping. While Trump... well, you know... self-serving, egotistical, narcissistic, list of poor character traits a mile long.

*I'm sure there is a more accurate phrase for whatever it is they did but knowing little of what that was, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and used "perform their jobs".

With Trump's kids being part of his administration, they likely did need security clearances to *perform their jobs.
and recall that by normal standards Jared Kushner didn’t qualify for security clearance.

Ah... passive aggressive conservatism.
I googled "passive aggressive conservatism", as I have never heard that term before. Nothing definitive shows up. I think its something you just now made up. Unlike this:

Ad Hominem Fallacy

Ad hominem fallacy (or ad hominem) is an attempt to discredit someone’s argument by personally attacking them. Instead of discussing the argument itself, criticism is directed toward the opponent’s character, which is irrelevant to the discussion.

Ad hominem fallacy is often used as a diversion tactic to shift attention to an unrelated point like a person’s character or motives and avoid addressing the actual issue. It is common in both formal and informal contexts, ranging from political debates to online discussions.

Back
Top Bottom