• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

The driver can use the job hunting service that’s advertised on the side of the bus. “Job done”, indeed
Really, I'm just relieved that AC unit up there protected the people riding on top, who'd been killed if they hit the bridge. Maybe get a few more buses on the routes Australia. ;)

One of our drivers from Sherwood Depot is going to spend their afternoon explaining why they thought it was a good idea to drive a 3.3m high bus under a 2.9m clearance railway bridge.
View attachment 38087
I suspect the Depot Manager won't entertain the possibility that as it's now Autumn, the air conditioning unit should be removed to save fuel...
I’m thinking the person who’s in charge of routing will have more explaining to do than the driver will.
One of our drivers from Sherwood Depot is going to spend their afternoon explaining why they thought it was a good idea to drive a 3.3m high bus under a 2.9m clearance railway bridge.
View attachment 38087
I suspect the Depot Manager won't entertain the possibility that as it's now Autumn, the air conditioning unit should be removed to save fuel...
Why was he on that stretch of road in the first place? Surely, nobody would schedule a bus requiring a 3.3 metre clearance on a route with a clearance that is lower than that.
That's not a scheduled route. We have very strict routes for in service buses, but deadheading routes are up to the individual drivers to work out. My guess is that the driver is local to the area, and thought "I know a shortcut - I use it every day in my car".

Our training puts a great deal of emphasis on the fact that you need to be aware of height, weight, and width restrictions when deadheading (or for charter work). But every few years, someone does something stupid like this.

There's another railway bridge not too far from this one, which got hit so often that there's now a sign next to the height limit notice that reads "No clearance for BCC buses".

Is there a particular reason bilby seems to collect these things?
Well I drive a bus for Brisbane City Council, so I have an interest when one comes to grief.

That one is the classic image used in our training. It's from quite a while back - those old metroliner buses haven't been in service now for almost a decade.

The bus in the Punjabi Palace was struck by a red light runner and pushed off the road; It's the training test-case on how to respond in the event of a crash.

Being hit by reckless motorists is an occupational hazard; Hitting stationary obstructions, such as railway bridges, is more of a career limiting move.

If we are involved in a collision, even if we are clearly at fault, we get an extra 15 minutes pay, to cover the time required to fill out the accident report paperwork. We have a very strong union. :D

Our training puts a great deal of emphasis on the fact that you need to be aware of height, weight, and width restrictions when deadheading (or for charter work). But every few years, someone does something stupid like this.
I remember my best bud (long gone now) many years ago during his CDL driving test. He went under a bridge. On the other side, the tester asked him what the height stamp on the bridge said. He didn't know.

He still passed the test.

We have very strict routes for in service buses, but deadheading routes are up to the individual drivers to work out.
Last I heard you were driving delivery trucks. Your next career move will be President of Venezuela? :devil2:

Every time ...

GjUJkKl.jpg

The good thing is that it’s mostly okay to punish inanimate objects (unless they belong to someone else).

The good thing is that it’s mostly okay to punish inanimate objects (unless they belong to someone else).

"Go fuck yourself, you stupid piece of shit" is my go-to for any time an inanimate object displeases me. It's become so extreme that I had a moment of clarity where I realized that my addiction to cursing and raging against inanimate objects is adversely affecting my life and I am on the road to recovery. So this is what I do now:

"Thank you, wonderfully helpful crutch, for falling out from under me and reminding me to work on my balance."

"Beautiful pajama pants, getting caught on my heel as I'm trying to yank you up is exactly what I need to teach me patience. Thank you."

Well ya, he did hang around in the transporter room a lot when on the Enterprise D but when he move to DS9 he got really busy. At least he didn't have to deal with malfunctioning holodecks much on DS9.
Boss: Where do you see yourself in five years?

O’Brien: Probably dissecting people down to their molecules and reassembling them over and over and over, being told “two to beam up” among a group of ten and not being told who, crawling around in plasma conduits that never have plasma in them or somehow dead center in a war against a race of beings that hate billiard balls that aren’t striped.

Back
Top Bottom