• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

I bet the kid got to choose his favorite religion, right?
(Sorry to be a downer - this rubs me the wrong way, like the kid has some deep-seated knowledge of What God Wants?)
It's not the kid, it's the parents.

There are some pretty strict fundamentalists up here is Alaska, and they don't all belong to the same sect. The kids whose parents are devout but still a bit flexible let their kids dress up as Christian Crusaders and go to school events. The rest shun Halloween like it's the Devil's birthday party.

I think it's really sweet that a group of kids went to all that trouble to include their friend, and entertainingly subversive they found a way around the religious rule that almost made their friend miss out on the fun.

I bet the kid got to choose his favorite religion, right?
(Sorry to be a downer - this rubs me the wrong way, like the kid has some deep-seated knowledge of What God Wants?)
Yeah, I'm not a big fan myself of pandering to religious nonsense. And how does that dress shirt & tie in the picture NOT count as a costume? If his friends really want to be supportive over the long run they'd enlighten him as to what a bunch of kooky krap his (and other) religions are.
They probably believe that a guy disappeared from a cave after being crucified, after telling his disciples to metaphorically engage in cannibalism and vampirism at his last dinner. So they might not be in a position to do so.

Also, no costume, but tricker treating? Yes, I know, religions don't have to have viable boundaries between the allowed and not allowed lists. But I am calling BS on the claim.

Back
Top Bottom