• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

The Loudermilk video.

I was informed the first guy in the video with the "flag pole" is acrually carrying a bang stick. It's used on sharks or alligators before you pull them into the boat, basically a shotgun shell that goes off when poked into the animal.

Frankly I see little difference between these guys and the guy that wanted to kill SCJ Kavenaugh.

Really? The guy who was arrested for threats against Kavanaugh called police to tell them that he wanted to Jill himself and to kill Kavanaugh. He’s clearly mentally I’ll but not so far gone as to not realize what he was doing was wrong—he called the police. I hope he gets the help he needs.

The capitol krew, on the other hand, are disaffected, dissatisfied and easily duped idiots who belong to a cult and were willing to assassinate the VP and possibly several members of Congress to ingratiate themselves to their dear leader, who regarded them as less than dirt beneath their feet. Certainly a degree of mental illness is surely involved but they did try to overturn an election and the nation.

Even if I liked or respected Kavanaugh, there’s a huge difference in intent and scale and scope.

I agree; It’s one thing to act against the people who have power in your system of government, but quite another to act against the system of government itself.

Killing the President (or even a Supreme Court Justice) doesn’t change much; The system has protocols in place to handle assassinations, accidents, acts of war, etc., etc., and the vacancies are re-filled accordingly. It sucks for the victim’s family and friends, but the system is bigger than any of its office holders.

Killing the system, (for example by simply rejecting the entire process by which a President is selected, and trying to impose a President who lost, in place of the one who won) is far more damaging to the country than killing the winner.

That’s why those whose role is to protect the nation swear to uphold the constitution, and don’t swear to obey the President.

Presidents come and go. The system, the constitution, is what makes the nation what it is. I am no great fan of the USA, but I am damn sure it’s better than whatever the Jan 6 insurrectionists want(ed) to replace it with.

From testimony today I still can't tell if Trump is just crazy or crazy kike a fox.
Irrelevant. The cunt's guilty. That counts more.
The 1/6 Investigation has demonstrated a couple things. The attempt to overthrow the election was an openly known conspiracy that was widely vetted, and disapproved of, by the top levels of our Government. It was used to raise huge amounts of money that never went to the "cause".

Sadly, it appears as if the hearings haven't changed anyone's minds. I don't remember where I read it, but a reporter interviewed some people in a part of New England, either NH or Vermont. None of the Trump supporters bothered to watch the hearings. They all said it was a waste of money and nonsense. All of the non Trumpers were very impressed with the hearings. If people won't even bother to watch or read the details of the hearings, how is anything going to change?

I was a young adult when Nixon got caught. We couldn't imagine anything like that happening again, yet, now we are facing something far worse than what Nixon did. We have a former president and his cronies literally trying to overthrow democracy, and it looks as if they may not be brought to justice. Worse yet, a lot of these people have won their primaries. If they win in the general, there is the possibility that our elections will not be fair, as some of these creeps will have the power to overthrow the results of a legitimate election.

Members Of Congress Asked Trump For Pardons After Jan. 6, Committee Says

With this response:
RepScottPerry on Twitter: "The notion that I ever sought a Presidential pardon for myself or other Members of Congress is an absolute, shameless, and soulless lie." / Twitter

noting
Trump considered blanket pardons for Jan. 6 rioters before he left office - POLITICO - "The previously unreported conversations show the former president wasn't simply musing when he floated pardoning the rioters if he runs and wins in 2024."
and
3 pro-Trump GOP lawmakers reject Jan. 6 committee's requests for testimony - POLITICO - "Reps. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), Ronny Jackson (R-Texas) and Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) all voted to object to certifying the former president's loss to Joe Biden."
In its letter to Biggs, the committee said multiple House Republican lawmakers sought presidential pardons “for activities taken in connection with President Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.” The committee cited former White House personnel — many of whom have spoken with its investigators in recent weeks — as the basis for that statement.

Ryan Grim on Twitter: ".@AOC on instagram live now: "This was an attempted coup of the United States of America."

Notes Trump was going to fire everybody until he found a "coffee fetcher" who'd back his coup. "He sent his own people to jail...He will not save you."" / Twitter

Ryan Grim on Twitter: ""Let's dispense with this myth that these were poor white working class people. They were staying at bougie hotels. They were going to happy hour. They had resources."" / Twitter

PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 on Twitter: "In a particularly low move, Matt Gaetz attacked January 6th committee member Rep. Jamie Raskin as being “unable” to do his job due to losing his own child to suicide.

Gaetz: “The country shouldn’t have to go through all that with him.” (vid link)" / Twitter

and
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 on Twitter: "Gaetz predicted that the trauma of losing a child will cloud Rep. Raskins’ judgement as the J6 committee begins.

If you’re able to support us in monitoring the right wing, please consider a retweet and a small donation. Your support is always appreciated. (link)" / Twitter

Then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: ".@RepRaskin is a greater statesman, Congressman, human being than most of us. History will remember him. Tommy was a remarkable person and testament of his parents’ love.

Gaetz is a bad haircut in a cheap suit, a feat of mediocrity given that he’s here on papa’s money. Bye 👋🏽" / Twitter

Matt Gaetz on Twitter: "@AOC @RepRaskin
1. A lot of people like my hair.
2. My suits are cheap. Not sorry.
3. Stop trying to date me. I’m married.
" / Twitter

Sean on Twitter: "@mattgaetz @AOC @RepRaskin this probably would have come off better if you didn't literally say you wanted to date AOC before (link)" / Twitter
noting
Congressman Matt Gaetz Says He'd Swipe Right with AOC - "Congressman Matt Gaetz is jammin' on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ... and not because of her politics."

AOC responded
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Hey @mattgaetz while I have you responding to my tweets, can you respond to one more for me:

Did you ever ask Trump for a pardon?

Let me know in the replies! You clearly know where the button is." / Twitter

and
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "That also includes anyone in the White House or Trump Admin! Just so we’re clear. Lmk!!" / Twitter

Lauren Boebert on Twitter: "1984 called and they want their bleak, immoral, thuggish and deadly totalitarian dystopian future back." / Twitter
then
Jeff Tiedrich on Twitter: "@laurenboebert 1776 called and wanted to know why you were live-tweeting Nancy Pelosi's location during an attempted insurrection" / Twitter
and
Addison James 🛹 on Twitter: "@itsJeffTiedrich @e2theitheta @laurenboebert Cassidy Hutchinson said in testimony that Boebert was involved in the early stage of the coup planning. When she was texting out Pelosi‘s location she was directing the mob to her. (pix link)" / Twitter

Then AOC:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Hey quick question Boebert, did you ask for a pardon after tweeting the Speaker’s location on Jan 6th?

You and the KKK Caucus have been really quiet about it today and given how much y’all have to say I’m not sure why no one’s responding to this simple question" / Twitter

then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Maybe your friend @RepMTG can answer! Did either of you seek a pardon? Just trying to clear some things up." / Twitter

CNN on Twitter: ""When you don't know which of your colleagues were part of a potential conspiracy, then we need to find out…"
Rep. @AOC tells @DanaBashCNN why she tweeted at GOP colleagues directly, asking if they requested pardons following the Capitol attack on January 6. @CNNSotu #CNNSOTU (vid link)" / Twitter

Respectful Dialogue on Twitter: "January 6 marks 1 year since the Trump & Seditionist Republicans attempted a coup. ..." / Twitter
Mentioning Sen. Ted Cruz, Rep. Paul Gosar, Rep. Andy Biggs, Sen. Mo Brooks, Rep. Kevin McCarthy, Rep. Jim Jordan, Sen. Josh Hawley, Rep. MTG, Rep. Matt Gaetz, Rep. Lauren Boebert, Rep. Madison Cawthorn, Rep. Louie Gohmert, Rep. Scott Perry, Sen. Ron Johnson, Rep. Jody Hice, Rep. Ralph Norman, Sen. Marco Rubio, Rep. Andrew Clyde.

Trump made a post on his social media platform hours before the committee's third hearing on Thursday, claiming that the lack of airtime was unfair to him.

"The Fake News Networks are perpetuating lies, falsehoods, and Russia, Russia, Russia type disinformation (same sick people, here we go again!) by allowing the low rated but nevertheless one sided and slanderous Unselect Committee hearings to go endlessly and aimlessly on (and on and on!)," Trump wrote.

"It is a one sided, highly partisan Witch Hunt, the likes of which has never been seen in Congress before. Therefore, I am hereby demanding EQUAL TIME to spell out the massive Voter Fraud & Dem Security Breach!" Trump added, once again parroting his own groundless claims of voter fraud.

The former president then followed up with another post, this time in all caps, reading: "I DEMAND EQUAL TIME!!!"
One of the congress people said basically come on down. We'll let you tell your side.

Jake Sherman on Twitter: "NEWS: @January6thCmte ahs sent a letter to @RepLoudermilk about what we broke in @PunchbowlNews this AM

The committee says that one of the people he gave a tour to threatened @SpeakerPelosi, @RepJerryNadler, @AOC, @SenSchumer

Video here (links)" / Twitter

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Rep. Loudermilk released this statement yesterday: “I never gave a tour of the Capitol on Jan 5, 2021.”
This morning, this footage was released. Dated January 5th, 2021. (pix link)" / Twitter

January 6th Committee on Twitter: "Surveillance footage shows a tour led by Loudermilk to areas in the House Office Buildings, as well as the entrances to Capitol tunnels.
Individuals on the tour photographed/recorded areas not typically of interest to tourists: hallways, staircases and security checkpoints. (vid link)" / Twitter

He himself:
Rep. Barry Loudermilk on Twitter: "🚨BREAKING🚨: The truth will always prevail. As I’ve said since the Jan. 6 Committee made their baseless accusation about me to the media, I never gave a tour of the Capitol on Jan 5, 2021… (pix link)" / Twitter
then
Acyn on Twitter: "Last night Loudermilk claimed no one on his tour group did anything suspicious and argued it was perfectly ok for him to give tours because the gift shop was open (vid link)" / Twitter

Tara Dublin ☮️🇺🇦🌻 on Twitter: "@January6thCmte Please tell me you also have surveillance footage of Lauren Boebert giving her recon tour the same day Barry Loudermilk gave his #NeverForgetJanuary6th (link)" / Twitter

Tim Ryan: Prosecutors reviewing video of Capitol tours given by lawmakers before riot | The Hill
Rep. Mikie Sherrill (D-N.J.), a former Navy pilot, said in the aftermath of the riot that she had witnessed colleagues leading people on tours of the Capitol in the days leading up to the attack, calling the walkthroughs “reconnaissance” for the siege.

Sherrill is not alone in her concerns about security at the Capitol complex in the lead-up to the assault.

A coalition of more than 30 House Democrats has called for an investigation into “suspicious” tours, saying either they or their aides witnessed “an extremely high number of outside groups in the complex, on Jan. 5, which is unusual given that public tours of the Capitol ended in March 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.”

They also wrote that some of the visitors encountered by lawmakers “appeared to be associated” with the “Stop the Steal” rally that was held at the White House Ellipse the next day, when Congress was certifying President Biden’s election victory over former President Trump.

“Members of the group that attacked the Capitol seemed to have an unusually detailed knowledge of the layout of the Capitol Complex. The presence of these groups within the Capitol Complex was indeed suspicious,” the lawmakers wrote.

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) said that he and Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) saw first-term Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) giving a tour sometime between Jan. 3 and Jan. 6.

Rep. Cohen admits he saw Boebert giving tour before Capitol riot

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "On Jan 5th the Capitol was closed to the public. But surveillance video shows @RepLoudermilk bringing in an insurrectionist who was photographing member staircases + exits.
He stormed the Capitol the next day looking for us w/ those references.
@RepLoudermilk, care to comment?" / Twitter

then
Aaron Blake on Twitter: "FWIW, the Jan. 6 committee's letter doesn't actually say the man stormed the Capitol.
He talked about it, but the letter doesn't address this point. Loudermilk says nobody on the tour entered the Capitol on Jan. 6." / Twitter

then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Thank you for the detail clarification. He marched to Capitol grounds with a flagpole fashioned into a weapon, but the committee has not released further info about his other whereabouts that day." / Twitter

Return to Sanity ✌️☮️ on Twitter: "@JakeSherman @January6thCmte @RepLoudermilk @PunchbowlNews @SpeakerPelosi @RepJerryNadler @AOC @SenSchumer Loudermilk is a member of the House Administration Committee which has oversight of the Capitol Architect and Security. I bet you that he knew which windows were not reinforced and were vulnerable. (pic link)" / Twitter

Sadly, it appears as if the hearings haven't changed anyone's minds. I don't remember where I read it, but a reporter interviewed some people in a part of New England, either NH or Vermont. None of the Trump supporters bothered to watch the hearings. They all said it was a waste of money and nonsense. All of the non Trumpers were very impressed with the hearings. If people won't even bother to watch or read the details of the hearings, how is anything going to change?
It is the money, simply the money. The GOP stepped in front of Nixon and told him to leave. Today the GOP raked in hundreds of millions on the lie. So McConnell say barely enough to imply a fair election, but otherwise, he isn't stepping in the way of fleecing every Trump supporter out there. And this is really the only route the committee has to work with. They should be shaming the Romneys, McConnells, etc... for enabling this to profit from it.

Glenn Kirschner said this morning that anyone that asked for a pardon has basically admitted to their crimes. Compared to someone who confesses after being arrested, any defense attorney would claim the confession was compelled under duress. Asking for a pardon before charges are even made is nothing like that, no duress applied.

Rep Loudermilk:

I never gave a tour.

I may have given a tour.

I gave a tour. They were a family I didn't know.

I wonder what he will say next.

Severiano del Castillo Galván on Twitter: "@AOC @RexChapman Rep Barry Loudermilk:
MAY 12, 2021: “I didn’t give any tours”
MAY 19, 2022: “Okay I gave a tour to a family with young children”
MAY 20, 2022: “Okay I gave a tour to a family with young children and their guests”
JUNE 14, 2022: “Okay I gave a tour to 16 people”" / Twitter

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "In today’s edition of Sad But True" / Twitter
noting
Kevin Frey on Twitter: "I asked @AOC about being named/threatened directly in this new video from the #Jan6th committee. "I think it's been very clear for a very long time that I work with people who wish me harm," she told me. "I experienced [Jan 6th] as a culmination of the violent rhetoric." @NY1 (vid link)" / Twitter

Why did Lauren Boebert lead a late-night Capitol tour three weeks before Jan. 6? | Salon.com - "Before she became a member of Congress, Boebert led a family tour that appeared to break all the Capitol's rules"
There are several unanswered questions about this visit, which appears to have violated normal Capitol protocol in various ways. It's not clear who authorized it, since Boebert was not yet a member of Congress and had no official standing in D.C. It's perhaps even stranger that it occurred on a Saturday night, when the Capitol complex is closed. Later, in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 attack, Boebert repeatedly denied rumors that she had offered "reconnaissance tours" to would-be rioters shortly before that event. But her ambiguous comments appeared to avoid any specific discussion of this unexplained December tour.

According to materials reviewed by Salon, the Dec. 12 tour led by Boebert involved various parts of the Capitol complex, including the staircase in the Senate's empty Brumidi Corridors, Senate room S-127 and the Senate briefing room, as well as the then-vacant Capitol Rotunda.

A maskless Capitol Police officer accompanied Boebert's mother and teenage son to the observation deck at the top of the Capitol Dome for a photo taken by a fourth person, presumably Boebert herself. This is the culmination of any Capitol tour, only available to visitors hosted by a member of Congress, and involves an arduous climb up roughly 300 steep and winding stairs to reach the high perch overlooking the city.
AOC once Instagrammed about giving some people a tour of the Capitol building, but that tour was all in the Capitol dome, complete with going up it.

Some people have claimed that LB and Matt Gaetz appeared in some of the video of Barry Loudermilk's tour group, but I'm not going to treat that claim as well-supported.

The Loudermilk video.

I was informed the first guy in the video with the "flag pole" is acrually carrying a bang stick. It's used on sharks or alligators before you pull them into the boat, basically a shotgun shell that goes off when poked into the animal.

Frankly I see little difference between these guys and the guy that wanted to kill SCJ Kavenaugh.

Really? The guy who was arrested for threats against Kavanaugh called police to tell them that he wanted to Jill himself and to kill Kavanaugh. He’s clearly mentally I’ll but not so far gone as to not realize what he was doing was wrong—he called the police. I hope he gets the help he needs.

The capitol krew, on the other hand, are disaffected, dissatisfied and easily duped idiots who belong to a cult and were willing to assassinate the VP and possibly several members of Congress to ingratiate themselves to their dear leader, who regarded them as less than dirt beneath their feet. Certainly a degree of mental illness is surely involved but they did try to overturn an election and the nation.

Even if I liked or respected Kavanaugh, there’s a huge difference in intent and scale and scope.

I agree; It’s one thing to act against the people who have power in your system of government, but quite another to act against the system of government itself.

Killing the President (or even a Supreme Court Justice) doesn’t change much; The system has protocols in place to handle assassinations, accidents, acts of war, etc., etc., and the vacancies are re-filled accordingly. It sucks for the victim’s family and friends, but the system is bigger than any of its office holders.

Killing the system, (for example by simply rejecting the entire process by which a President is selected, and trying to impose a President who lost, in place of the one who won) is far more damaging to the country than killing the winner.

That’s why those whose role is to protect the nation swear to uphold the constitution, and don’t swear to obey the President.

Presidents come and go. The system, the constitution, is what makes the nation what it is. I am no great fan of the USA, but I am damn sure it’s better than whatever the Jan 6 insurrectionists want(ed) to replace it with.

I disagree that killing. President doesn’t change much—we’ve had a couple of assassinations that very likely altered the course of our history in very big ways. Which was the point. Not that the assassinations achieved the desired means, with the exception of Lincoln’s assassination. That dramatically harmed reconstruction and inflicted even more damage to the US leaving vestigages that continue today.

Back
Top Bottom