• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

My 'Net connection is very slow, and the Live YouTube barely plays for me, but apparently Trumpists have overwhelmed police, and have partially broken a locked glass door at the entrance of the Capitol Bldg. Capitol police may have retreated. Protestors are attempting to break bullet-proof window glass with a flagpole. Congresspeople have abandoned their sessions.

NOW BROKEN IN.

ETA: I see my Live feed had fallen a few minutes behind. Yes, dozens of Trumpists are marching though Statuary Hall.

EETA: Police retreat. If BLM were "attacking" a fire hydrant they'd be tear-gassed. Where is the police reaction here?

A member of congress is on the phone now and says everyone is being told to get under their desks and shelter in place.

And in the world of "You can't make this shit up."

Donald Trump Jr Tweet said:
This is wrong and not who we are. Be peaceful and use your 1st Amendment rights, but don’t start acting like the other side. We have a country to save and this doesn’t help anyone.
Seriously, when can we grind this asshole into sausage?

They've been instigating this for months before the election, turned it to 11, and his daddy tells them the Dems stole the Senate too!

And in the world of "You can't make this shit up."

Donald Trump Jr Tweet said:
This is wrong and not who we are. Be peaceful and use your 1st Amendment rights, but don’t start acting like the other side. We have a country to save and this doesn’t help anyone.
Seriously, when can we grind this asshole into sausage?

They've been instigating this for months before the election, turned it to 11, and his daddy tells them the Dems stole the Senate too!
This the same asshole trump that threatened he'd be in peoples' "back yards", or was the other trump spawn?

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/06/us/electoral-vote#parts-of-capitol-hill-are-evacuated-as-protesters-flood-the-grounds

The Capitol Police ordered the evacuation of at least one office building on Capitol Hill as protesters flooded the grounds as part of a widespread protest against the certification of President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory.

Police officers ran door to door in the Cannon House Office Building ordering the evacuation before the alert reached some offices, according to one person working in the building. While the alert sent to Capitol offices cited only “police activity,” videos posted on social media showed hundreds of protesters barreling past fence barricades outside the Capitol and clashing with officers.

Representative Nancy Mace, a freshman Republican from South Carolina, described seeing protesters “assaulting Capitol Police.” In a Twitter post, Ms. Mace shared a video of the chaos and wrote, “This is wrong. This is not who we are. I’m heartbroken for our nation today.”

The police fired what appeared to be flash-bang grenades. Rather than disperse, the protesters cheered and shouted, “push forward, push forward.” One protester shouted, “that’s our house,” meaning the Capitol

As officers and protesters clashed outside, lawmakers were debating an objection to the certification of Arizona electors, ensconced in their respective chambers. Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, warned of a “death spiral” for democracy, while Representative Jim Jordan, Republican of Ohio, listed a litany of accusations of election fraud with little evidence.

“I don’t recognize our country today, and the members of Congress who have supported this anarchy do not deserve to represent their fellow Americans,” said Representative Elaine Luria, Democrat of Virginia.

I'm watching CNN right now. I've never seen anything like this.

Capital building staff have been warned to stay away from outside windows and prepare to seek safe shelter.

Do they still have their underground train thing? That was my first thought, go get on the little underground congress train and get the hell out of there. lol

Here's more!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/06/dc-protests-trump-rally-live-updates/

At the U.S. Capitol, throngs of protesters pushed past police who were trying to block them from entering the building as senators inside debated the certification of the presidential election. Some were able to breach security to successfully enter the building.

haotic scene worsened at the U.S. Capitol building.
From 6 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday, Bowser said no one would be allowed out in the city, including those traveling by car, bike or other transportation on any city road or in any public place.
Essential workers and those traveling to essential work are exempted, the mayor’s announcement said.

The Senate stopped its proceedings with Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) interrupted by an aide who said protesters were in the building. The House doors also were closed. In a notification, the U.S. Capitol Police said no entry or exit is permitted in the buildings within the Capitol Complex. “Stay away from exterior windows, doors. If outside, seek cover,” police said.
Capitol Police briefly ordered evacuations of two Capitol campus buildings — the Library of Congress James Madison Memorial Building and the Cannon House Office Building, both just across Independence Avenue from the Capitol. Rep. Elaine Luria (D-Va.), whose office is in the Cannon building, tweeted “I just had to evacuate my office because of a pipe bomb reported outside.”
Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump called on members of Congress to reject electoral votes Wednesday that would cement their father’s loss. “This isn’t their Republican Party anymore,” Trump Jr. said of GOP lawmakers who oppose rejecting the votes. “This is Donald Trump‘s Republican Party.” Their father then took the stage to claim he won the election.

Trump finally tweeted asking the protesters to stay peaceful and support the Capital Police. Yeah! These people are out of control. Trump inspired this.

President Ellipsis said:
Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!
Fuck you!

Hopefully the rage boners go flaccid and they can't maintain this stupidity.

At his sedition rally, the Mango Mussolini was encouraging his red cap mob to go to the Capitol.

This will be a fitting capstone to America's experimentation with fascism.

Trump finally tweeted asking the protesters to stay peaceful and support the Capital Police. Yeah! These people are out of control. Trump inspired this.

Isn't it more likely that one of his babysitters knew the Twitter password and sent this Tweet him/herself?

Speaking of a coup, looks like reports of shots fired in the capital. Shit is hitting the fan RN. According to reports, all had evacuated already, through the basement tunnels. They aren't going to actually pull it off but GD...

If the Republioturds had the tiniest ounce of patriotism they would now withdraw their objections and ask that the electoral college submissions be accepted by acclamation.

A woman appears to have been shot (via video on MSNBC). A woman with bleeding wound on shoulder on stretcher. Who? No idea.

Anything short of Trump resigning tonight is unacceptable.

If the Republioturds had the tiniest ounce of patriotism they would now withdraw their objections and ask that the electoral college submissions be accepted by acclamation.

They do have patriotism... for the violent, fascist, white supremacist nation they are trying to build.

Just saw a woman on a gurney covered in blood being taken out with breathing assistance.

Now hearing reports of shots fired in Capitol
Saw a pic from the House with guards, guns levelled at a doorway with protesters outside, reps evacuating. Maybe the guards went hot when the door gave way.

Now hearing reports of shots fired in Capitol
Saw a pic from the House with guards, guns levelled at a doorway with protesters outside, reps evacuating. Maybe the guards went hot when the door gave way.

As they rightly should. This is an insurrection.

Back
Top Bottom