• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved Live Trump Trial Updates

To denote the thread has been moved
I think that Trump does want to be President for other reasons--to be able to "own" the government again and to get back at all of the people who have rejected and disrespected him. He is planning a bloodbath, although, like most of his plans, it will likely just go awry and cause chaos.
OUR problem is, chaos is not a by-product, it is THE product.
IOW "The Plan" is likely to work.
Now that Cheato has taught others like Empty Gee , Gomhert, Gosar, Gaetz ("The G String"?) to use chaos as a weapon against Putin's biggest enemy, the situation has become far more dangerous than ever before. Stupid people are pulling the strings.
If MTG calls for a vote to oust Johnson, It would be cool if every single Democrat voted to tell her and her posse to sit down and shut up.

Yeah, nothing like uniting the nation by sending the army into Democrat-led cities, turning NATO into pay-to-play, rounding up eleven million people
11 million? I missed that on the news.
and deporting them, setting up new prison camps for Spanish-speaking toddlers, letting red states monitor pregnancies with arrest warrants in hand, stomping down on non-violent protests....Stand back and stand by, Proud Boys. Your boss may need you.

Yeah, nothing like uniting the nation by sending the army into Democrat-led cities, turning NATO into pay-to-play, rounding up eleven million people
and deporting them, setting up new prison camps for Spanish-speaking toddlers, letting red states monitor pregnancies with arrest warrants in hand, stomping down on non-violent protests....Stand back and stand by, Proud Boys. Your boss may need you.
That's based on the new ish of Time, which quotes Trump on what he will do with a second term. He'll use the army to build a series of detention camps for migrants, but the end result is to boot the estimated 11 million overstays and illegal crossers. Who knows if this is even achievable, if he could get the funds to build the camps, what would happen to labor markets, etc., etc. I'm sure he'll get that wall going again, because his voters need tangibles. For the Trumpies I hear at the Y, etc., immigration is numero uno, and they apparently don't mind at all that he calls migrants animals. They believe it themselves.

That's based on the new ish of Time, which quotes Trump on what he will do with a second term. He'll use the army to build a series of detention camps for migrants, but the end result is to boot the estimated 11 million overstays and illegal crossers. Who knows if this is even achievable, if he could get the funds to build the camps, what would happen to labor markets, etc., etc. I'm sure he'll get that wall going again, because his voters need tangibles. For the Trumpies I hear at the Y, etc., immigration is numero uno, and they apparently don't mind at all that he calls migrants animals. They believe it themselves.
Oh. I thought this was an actual 11M not a thoughtless stream of words from a fool

Aside from the economy and the food supply being destroyed, it should work out great.

FREELAND, Mich. (AP) — Donald Trump returned briefly to the campaign trail Wednesday and called the judge presiding over his hush money trial“crooked” a day after he was held in contempt of court and threatened with jail time for violating a gag order.
IIRC, the judge is allowing F-head to criticize him and the prosecutors, but no one else.

FREELAND, Mich. (AP) — Donald Trump returned briefly to the campaign trail Wednesday and called the judge presiding over his hush money trial“crooked” a day after he was held in contempt of court and threatened with jail time for violating a gag order.
IIRC, the judge is allowing F-head to criticize him and the prosecutors, but no one else.
The New York criminal trial of Donald Trump resumed Thursday with another hearing on whether the former president violated his gag order by speaking about likely witnesses in the case.

Conroy said in Thursday’s hearing that, “Because we prefer to minimize disruptions to this proceeding, we are not yet seeking jail.”
Minimize disruptions? The judge losing control of his court is a disruption.

Oh. I thought this was an actual 11M not a thoughtless stream of words from a fool
Everything Trump says is a thoughtless stream of stoopid. That doesn’t mean he won’t try to do it.

They don't need to be accurate/correct when rounding people up. Close enough will do just fine. For example, SoCal will be an easy target.

Getting funds for it won't be an issue either. As someone else mentioned earlier, Trump is running again so that he won't be held accountable for his crimes (and debt). This means that he'll use any means necessary to destroy the opposition should he regain the White House. IOW, there won't be any opposition left to deny him what he wants.

There's not going to be a gang of yes men buffoons to deal with a learning curve this time. There's a plan in place and the willingness----hell, the enthusiasm to execute the plan; and history unerringly shows that there will be more than enough people to carry out the orders of evil people.

Of course they matter. But you are given him lots of free kicks and publicity right at the moment you do not want him to have it. Trump is a living version of the dictum - any publicity is good publicity
That has indeed been his mantra. And as several talking heads have recently observed, it is not serving him well in this moment. The publicity he is getting now, is revealing facts that RW media have been tying themselves in knots to hide from the base, and from anyone who might be persuadable. As the election draws nigh, that will become a matter of highest urgency for Trump; there are an awful lot of voters who have paid little or no attention to this whole kerfuffle so far, but it’s going to increasingly occupy center stage. And there is little about this whole spectacle that is going to win Trump any new voters, but will likely lose him a bunch of them.

Give Orange an inch and he takes a mile. Maybe one day he'll face a judge who doesn't give an inch.

Give Orange an inch and he takes a mile. Maybe one day he'll face a judge who doesn't give an inch.
Hmmph. I doubt it. Any such judge who presided over a conviction in such a case would probably see it overturned* on appeal.

*For being a mean old poopyhead,

Will the monsters that shielded Trump through impeachments because he gave them huge tax cuts and wrecked any executive agency that could regulate themand let him round people up. Aren’t they happiest making noise about immigrant to keep them in the shadows where they work cheap and don’t make noise about safety?

I was on the Kissimmee River today and DeSantis has an army of illegals tromping through a jungle of overgrown marsh with machetes and backpacks full of herbicide trying to control Lygodium. Well, not him personally but the contractor hired by the water management district which is ultimately his responsibility. No protective gear. Pontoon boat overloaded to the point it is about to sink drops them off in one bend and then picks them up at some other spot after they’ve hacked through the morass for awhile. They’d be lucky to be in the fields down that way chucking water melons and driving around in the old school bus chasis with the body mostly removed.

Are the people using that labor really going to let it go?

Would these trials and all this fuss be happening if Trump was not a serious contender for the presidency?
No, they’d be over by now and Cheato would be serving 50 years to life.

And btw he is NOT a serious contender for the presidency. The only thing serious about that guy is his mental illness.
Then why is so much time & effort spent trying to 'stop' him? Surely it would be better to just ignore him. Bringing up all these legal trials now is not ignoring him.

Do you believe if we just ignore Trump then the multiple violations of State and Federal laws won't matter?
Of course they matter. But you are given him lots of free kicks and publicity right at the moment you do not want him to have it. Trump is a living version of the dictum - any publicity is good publicity
We're talking about fraud, extortion, unlawful retention of classified documents, election interference, and more. It's not like those Attorneys General are going after him for unpaid parking tickets.
Yes indeed
So how do you prosecute an ex-president of the US without press attention? It's "unpresidented".

That's just a few miles northwest of me. I could have gone there but I don't think I could control my gag reflex.

Fact check: Trump’s misleading claim about the judge and ‘advice of counsel’

Former President Donald Trump continued on Tuesday to criticize the judge presiding over his Manhattan criminal trial, Juan Merchan, this time complaining that Merchan was not allowing him to invoke the advice he claims he was given by lawyers. Criminal defendants sometimes employ an “advice of counsel” defense to try to demonstrate that they had not intended to break the law.

“Here, I’m not even allowed to say ‘advice of counsel.’ This is a new one to me, ‘advice of counsel,’” Trump told reporters outside the courtroom. “When you have a lawyer and the lawyer does something or advises you on something, you say ‘advice of counsel.’ He said you’re not allowed to say that.”

Facts First: Trump’s claim is misleading. He failed to mention that the reason Merchan will not allow Trump’s legal team to invoke “advice of counsel” during the trial is that, when Trump was asked before the trial whether he would be using an “advice of counsel” defense, his lawyers told Merchan he would not.

An “advice of counsel” defense typically requires the defendant to waive attorney-client privilege. Trump’s lawyers told Merchan before the trial that instead of a “formal” defense of “advice of counsel,” Trump wanted to use a different defense in which he would not waive attorney-client privilege but would still “elicit evidence concerning the presence, involvement and advice of lawyers in relevant events giving rise to the charges in the Indictment.”

Much more in the link.

Would these trials and all this fuss be happening if Trump was not a serious contender for the presidency?
No, they’d be over by now and Cheato would be serving 50 years to life.

And btw he is NOT a serious contender for the presidency. The only thing serious about that guy is his mental illness.
Then why is so much time & effort spent trying to 'stop' him? Surely it would be better to just ignore him. Bringing up all these legal trials now is not ignoring him.

Do you believe if we just ignore Trump then the multiple violations of State and Federal laws won't matter?
We're talking about fraud, extortion, unlawful retention of classified documents, election interference, and more. It's not like those Attorneys General are going after him for unpaid parking tickets.
Yes indeed
So how do you prosecute an ex-president of the US without press attention? It's "unpresidented".
You can prosecute him at any time but doing it while he is campaigning for another go is just giving him publicity as I noted earlier. You will always get press attention but timing and its consequences are important.

Back
Top Bottom