• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved Live Trump Trial Updates

To denote the thread has been moved
How many peremptory challenges was the Defendant allowed? Apparently they were all used up.

New Yorkers who said they couldn’t approach the case fairly were excused during jury selection. But one of the women with the harshest assessments of him will be among those who will determine his fate on 34 counts of falsifying business records.

“I don’t like his persona, how he presents himself in public,” said the woman, who has lived in upper Manhattan for the last 15 years. The woman said she didn’t agree with some of Trump’s politics, which she called “outrageous.”

“He just seems very selfish and self-serving, so I don’t really appreciate that in any public servant,” she said, adding that while she doesn’t “know him as a person,” how he “portrays himself in public, it just seems to me it is not my cup of tea.”

Trump’s legal team took issue with her responses, but they were out of challenges by the time she was up for consideration.

I'm betting on Hung Jury. Even if no closet MAGAts were seated, and even if no jurors are fearful enough of MAGAt murderers to vote for acquittal, aren't the charges confusing? Paying the hush money was legal; isn't the underlying felony just the failure to report the bribe as campaign spending?
A hung jury is a possibility, but as far as the underlying crime, there's falsifying business records in there as well...and if the fraud trial is any indication, that'll be an easy lift for the prosecution. IIRC it's not an "all 34 counts or he walks" proposition, either. He can be acquitted on some, convicted on others. Even if they only get him on half, that's still a "multiple felony convictions" label pulling him down with independent voters.

Another thing I noticed (aside from him being a pouty little bitch in court) is that when he delivers his rants going in and coming out, it's all the same stuff. "The corrupt district attorney, the crooked judge, it's a political witch hunt by Joe Biden and the Democrats" yada, yada, yada. If this trial goes on for 6-8 weeks as expected, those little tirades are going to lose their punch pretty quickly, because if it's not new, it's not news. Trump is making a mistake if he thinks that making the same tired statement outside the courtroom every day is newsworthy, and in case you haven't noticed, his last rank took a backsteat to "dude sets himself on fire."

And while his accusations of it being timed to hurt his campaign are off base, it IS hurting his ability to campaign. He's sitting sullenly in a cold courtroom all day when he could be having staged photo ops at factories with him awkwardly wearing a hard hat.

That, plus the effect on the jury of his pouting and posturing. Even if you support Trump on the issues, if you're on that jury, sharing the room with him with a solid month-plus, you'll see up close the petulance, the arrogance, the sheer immaturity of this bloated piglet.

That, plus the effect on the jury of his pouting and posturing. Even if you support Trump on the issues, if you're on that jury, sharing the room with him with a solid month-plus, you'll see up close the petulance, the arrogance, the sheer immaturity of this bloated piglet.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. As you've seen, our client is the most despicable human being you've ever laid eyes on. not fit to be a cum-stain in Ms. Daniels' worst nightmare. We know you've passed a note to the judge asking for a DNA test to confirm whether or not he is even human. We've wondered the same thing, ran the test, and can confirm: Yes, our client has DNA compatible with Homo sapiens.

"But your task as you begin deliberations is not to ask whether you'd like him as a cell-mate if you were also sent to Riker's Island. There is only one legitimate question for you to consider. That question of course is:

"Was Ms. Daniels lying when she said our client's formidable instrument resembled a limp little mushroom?

"Our client has repeatedly offered to undress and demonstrate that his penis is the most beautiful and erect penis ever. You all know that all the girls say so. But the judge has repeatedly denied our client this opportunity. Our client never met Ms. Daniels, and when he did he couldn't have sex with her because the largest condom she had was 60 mm, nowhere near large enough for the bigliest most beautiful cock ever seen. And the sex was so bad, he wouldn't have paid $1000, let alone the $130,000 the State alleges.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. The condom wouldn't fit; You must acquit."

How many peremptory challenges was the Defendant allowed? Apparently they were all used up.

New Yorkers who said they couldn’t approach the case fairly were excused during jury selection. But one of the women with the harshest assessments of him will be among those who will determine his fate on 34 counts of falsifying business records.

“I don’t like his persona, how he presents himself in public,” said the woman, who has lived in upper Manhattan for the last 15 years. The woman said she didn’t agree with some of Trump’s politics, which she called “outrageous.”

“He just seems very selfish and self-serving, so I don’t really appreciate that in any public servant,” she said, adding that while she doesn’t “know him as a person,” how he “portrays himself in public, it just seems to me it is not my cup of tea.”

Trump’s legal team took issue with her responses, but they were out of challenges by the time she was up for consideration.

I'm betting on Hung Jury. Even if no closet MAGAts were seated, and even if no jurors are fearful enough of MAGAt murderers to vote for acquittal, aren't the charges confusing? Paying the hush money was legal; isn't the underlying felony just the failure to report the bribe as campaign spending?
A hung jury is a possibility, but as far as the underlying crime, there's falsifying business records in there as well...and if the fraud trial is any indication, that'll be an easy lift for the prosecution. IIRC it's not an "all 34 counts or he walks" proposition, either. He can be acquitted on some, convicted on others. Even if they only get him on half, that's still a "multiple felony convictions" label pulling him down with independent voters.

Another thing I noticed (aside from him being a pouty little bitch in court) is that when he delivers his rants going in and coming out, it's all the same stuff. "The corrupt district attorney, the crooked judge, it's a political witch hunt by Joe Biden and the Democrats" yada, yada, yada. If this trial goes on for 6-8 weeks as expected, those little tirades are going to lose their punch pretty quickly, because if it's not new, it's not news. Trump is making a mistake if he thinks that making the same tired statement outside the courtroom every day is newsworthy, and in case you haven't noticed, his last rank took a backsteat to "dude sets himself on fire."

And while his accusations of it being timed to hurt his campaign are off base, it IS hurting his ability to campaign. He's sitting sullenly in a cold courtroom all day when he could be having staged photo ops at factories with him awkwardly wearing a hard hat.
Never underestimate the power of stupid. I do believe there will be a hung jury on all counts because it only takes one MAGAtard. Whether the trial itself will help him lose the election is a distinct possibility.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. As you've seen, our client is the most despicable human being you've ever laid eyes on. not fit to be a cum-stain in Ms. Daniels' worst nightmare. We know you've passed a note to the judge asking for a DNA test to confirm whether or not he is even human. We've wondered the same thing, ran the test, and can confirm: Yes, our client has DNA compatible with Homo sapiens.

"But your task as you begin deliberations is not to ask whether you'd like him as a cell-mate if you were also sent to Riker's Island. There is only one legitimate question for you to consider. That question of course is:

"Was Ms. Daniels lying when she said our client's formidable instrument resembled a limp little mushroom?

"Our client has repeatedly offered to undress and demonstrate that his penis is the most beautiful and erect penis ever. You all know that all the girls say so. But the judge has repeatedly denied our client this opportunity. Our client never met Ms. Daniels, and when he did he couldn't have sex with her because the largest condom she had was 60 mm, nowhere near large enough for the bigliest most beautiful cock ever seen. And the sex was so bad, he wouldn't have paid $1000, let alone the $130,000 the State alleges.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. The condom wouldn't fit; You must acquit."
Ok, so that's plausible

I think he will be convicted.
Michael Cohen went to jail. Cheato was his accomplice and his role described in the Cohen indictment. Trump, knowing that he could face repercussions if not re-elected, actually tried to get Cohen’s conviction overturned (annulled, expunged, whatever) to prevent exactly what’s going to happen.
The whole sordid tale will be told, and even the Trumpiest juror will be under unimaginable pressure to go with the facts.
INDIVIDUAL-1 will be up for examination, and his crimes have already been litigated.
Anything less than a solid conviction would be a total miscarriage of justice. Should that happen, I assume Trump would be re-tried after a mistrial was declared. That could keep the shitgibbon in court all the way to November.

Michael Cohen went to jail. Cheato was his accomplice and his role described in the Cohen indictment. Trump, knowing that he could face repercussions if not re-elected, actually tried to get Cohen’s conviction overturned (annulled, expunged, whatever) to prevent exactly what’s going to happen.
The whole sordid tale will be told, and even the Trumpiest juror will be under unimaginable pressure to go with the facts.
INDIVIDUAL-1 will be up for examination, and his crimes have already been litigated.
Anything less than a solid conviction would be a total miscarriage of justice. Should that happen, I assume Trump would be re-tried after a mistrial was declared. That could keep the shitgibbon in court all the way to November.
If all jurors act rationally there is no way Orange Ass can escape conviction. The problem is you are making a rational argument. Rational, productive behavior is not of the Orange Asshole and his followers.

If all jurors act rationally there is no way Orange Ass can escape conviction. The problem is you are making a rational argument. Rational, productive behavior is not of the Orange Asshole and his followers.
Don’t underestimate the power of peer pressure. Trumpers are already reliably weak of character. Whatever level of conviction one of them may go into this trial with, they will be worn down and brought back to reality by the other 11.
If there are 2 or more rumpsuckers in the group, it could get ugly, as they’d probably try to talk each other into saving their Jesus. But I doubt that’s gonna happen.

In this particular trial, Trump is only liable for up to four years in prison, according to the Politico tracking site. But he is likely to just get sentenced to probation, since the felony is nonviolent. Trump's strategy is to turn the whole thing into a circus, hoping to compromise the jury and perhaps end up with a mistrial. There is always the possibility that a ringer in the jury will gain him an acquittal or hung jury, but jury selection seems to have been carried out competently by the judge.

Just throwing this bit of prophesy out there...

In this particular trial, Trump is only liable for up to four years in prison, according to the Politico tracking site. But he is likely to just get sentenced to probation, since the felony is nonviolent. Trump's strategy is to turn the whole thing into a circus, hoping to compromise the jury and perhaps end up with a mistrial. There is always the possibility that a ringer in the jury will gain him an acquittal or hung jury, but jury selection seems to have been carried out competently by the judge.
I’m pretty sure he thinks that if he gets on the stand he can create conditions for a mistrial, and I don’t much doubt it.

My man Donald does not just fart. He has a purpose driven life; you need to look further.

1- Smoke signals to God. Did you think of that? Judgment may be coming from a different direction.
2- Hot boxing the entire courtroom is a good way to wrap up a session. I can picture the judge saying, 'Speed it up, counselor. The defendant just ripped a fat one that musta come from south of da border."
3- How you gonna drain the swamp without releasing gas?
4- My man does not believe in renewables. He's telling you that by a debut of his personal blend of highly ignitable methane, sulphur, and ass. Someday you'll be heating your home with Trumpane. And it will keep those pesky birds & squirrels off your roof. 'Cause they'll be dead.

I'm waiting for him to shart in the courtroom.
Nailed it.

I want Trump and his family ground alive in a meat grinder, but I find the above very crude.

Look...I can see a time when I'm in a hospital room or assisted living facility where the nurse will say "oops, looks like we've had a little accident" and will call the orderly to clean things up, but I won't be in charge of a nuclear arsenal or seated in a courtroom facing dozens of felony charges when that happens. I'll be in a situation where my family members will have a DNR at the ready just in case.

Just because you think somebody is a bad person doesn't say whether you think he's guilty of a particular misdeed. I don't think it makes her unable to be a fair juror. If you limit it to people who don't have an opinion you're going to have a very small pool!

My understanding is that the sin was it was effectively an illegal campaign contribution. Still, though, it's mostly dirty bookkeeping.

You'd prefer refined humor about...Trump?
Well, if there is one thing that I'm known for, it is my high brow, top class humor. :D

That said, There is enough to drown Trump in humor wise. Well, yes, he has nearly killed satire, but this is one thing that I'd rather not delve into. There is just too much other material available. And this is somewhat an elder thing.

And yes, I get it, the fucker rails on Biden all the time... about being old. So the hypocrisy isn't lose on me. I just think this is attacking something that he actually isn't guilty of being responsible himself for.

My understanding is that the sin was it was effectively an illegal campaign contribution. Still, though, it's mostly dirty bookkeeping.
isn’t the crime already established? Michael Cohen went to jail for it, right? They just have to prove Trump directed it.

Back
Top Bottom