• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Looks Like Cosby May Walk

Even if he does walk, karma has ruined the rest of his life. Now he's 'that old creepy dude who raped a bunch of women' instead of 'that old funny, smart dude'.

That's what happens when you do bad things and people find out about it.

:nod:

Consider OJ Simpson. The Court of Public Opinion has its own ways of enforcing its judgements.

I thought Fat Albert lost 200 pounds by eating only sandwiches, but then got jailed for child molesting?

No that was some guy that owned a jewelry company.

No, you're getting mixed up. He owned a subway.

Not sure if he owned a Subway, he was the Spokesperson for the person in the commercials.

Two people missed the joke... And of all the unlikely things, I actually got it!!!!!! Yay me!

Not sure if he owned a Subway, he was the Spokesperson for the person in the commercials.

Two people missed the joke... And of all the unlikely things, I actually got it!!!!!! Yay me!

He went to Jared, and now his butt hurts.

- - - Updated - - -

He went to Jared, and now his butt hurts.

See, people who say that some things, like child rape, can't by funny are humorless wet blankets (speaking of which, a wet blanket is good for muffling screams).

I initially thought he was joking but then it became serious so wasn't sure. Instead of Cosby's show, "Kids say the darndest things" it should have been, "Women say the darndest things"

Actually, they were all riffing off of each other. So you are 1 for 3.

I initially thought he was joking but then it became serious so wasn't sure. Instead of Cosby's show, "Kids say the darndest things" it should have been, "Women say the darndest things"

WTF? This doesn't even connect at all.

WTF? This doesn't even connect at all.

I was joking on the second part about his new show. We need a joke tagline and if there is I missed it :)

I was joking on the second part about his new show. We need a joke tagline and if there is I missed it :)
Maybe make it more obviously a joke about rapists attempting to dismiss damning testimony, rather than maybe a sexist-sort of dismissing anything women say?

new from Fox: Women say the darnedest things once they wake up...

Maybe make it more obviously a joke about rapists attempting to dismiss damning testimony, rather than maybe a sexist-sort of dismissing anything women say?

new from Fox: Women say the darnedest things once they wake up...

You are right, I rushed it and I screwed up the joke. I meant to say that Cosby is starting a new show.

I'm genuinely sad about this.

I've written before about how much I loved the Cosby Show, and what it meant to me as a kid growing up. I genuinly liked Cliff Huxtable.

So I'll also say this - there's no excuse for what Cosby did, he deserves every second of jail time he gets, and more.

I've written before about how much I loved the Cosby Show, and what it meant to me as a kid growing up. I genuinly liked Cliff Huxtable.

So I'll also say this - there's no excuse for what Cosby did, he deserves every second of jail time he gets, and more.

Agreed. I wonder also about how many men find this to be incredibly weird? What is the attraction of having sex with someone who is passed out?

I agree, although I was an official adult when the Cosby show aired. I loved the Huxtables. Not only that but I grew up listening to Cosby's comedy routines on LPs that my (pretty bigoted) father owned and loved as well. His stories of growing up were pretty close to universal for kids of my era and my father's.

So I will go one step further: I genuinely liked Bill Cosby. It breaks my heart that the reality of the man seems to be so far from reality.

Here is this piece by Emily Yoffe for the Huffpo (yeah, I know: Huffpo but I do like and respect Emily Yoffe):

https://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/harvey-weinstein-psychology-sexual-predators/

What this article tells me is that power/celebrity is what allows such people to continue to have access to victims. But that is separate issue from the compulsions that drive such behavior. Certainly rich and powerful men (and no doubt, also women) can exploit their power, wealth and celebrity but there is something else going on here. It's tragic. It has harmed so many victims but that's not the only damage done.

Agreed. I wonder also about how many men find this to be incredibly weird? What is the attraction of having sex with someone who is passed out?

Well, there's also a market for sex dolls, so there's an attraction for just doing your business without the woman saying or doing anything.

Back
Top Bottom