• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Looks Like Cosby May Walk

Agreed. I wonder also about how many men find this to be incredibly weird? What is the attraction of having sex with someone who is passed out?

It is weird and seems rather pointless. What do they get out of a passed out woman that they don't get out of their own hand?

Agreed. I wonder also about how many men find this to be incredibly weird? What is the attraction of having sex with someone who is passed out?

It is weird and seems rather pointless. What do they get out of a passed out woman that they don't get out of their own hand?

Meh. Anything you can imagine, and likely quite a lot of things you can't, will turn out to be someone's sexual fetish. Sexual appetites are diverse, and there are seven billion people on the planet, many of them seriously messed up, often as a consequence of religion (most mainstream religions are obsessed with sex, and impose bizarre and unreasonable rules on their adherents sexual behaviour).

I don't see what anyone gets out of sex with an unconscious woman, but then I don't understand why a grown man would eat broccoli of his own volition either. And people have a perverse response to rules - if you banned broccoli, there would be an underground sub-culture of broccoli entusiasts, some of whom would get sexual pleasure from eating the forbidden vegetable.

Humans are seriously fucking weird. And human sexual behaviour is even weirder than the rest of their fucked up shit.

It's a weird fetish I suppose.

Hands, mouths, vaginas, and anuses are all different.

[...] but then I don't understand why a grown man would eat broccoli of his own volition either.

I have a confession to make. It's a long time coming, and I'll do it openly.

I never ate broccoli. Never cared for it. Wouldn't eat it. Through the years, it was avoided, and if circumstances would have it that it found its way upon my plate, then well, it would be wasted.

Then the SHE came along. She likes it. She cooked it. On my plate it went. No matter, I still didn't eat it. I'm a MAN!

Well, true, a man I am, I am, haha, hehe, hoho. It became a yucky to which I had to eat. Let me explain. Somewhere, written in fossilized stone, there is a commandment of sorts that women adhere to and absolutely demand that men follow. Yes men-people, I have learned the hard way. If something goes in the kitchen, there is a specific home within that kitchen for it! No, cups can't go here; they must go there, and no, plates can't go there; they must go here. Everything within the dominion of the kitchen must be treated as if everything has an assigned location, and anything to upset the balance of that harmony must be dealt with accordingly by the women-people. [not being sexist--just conveying my experience]

So, punishment was that the man (me) would have to have a yucky--which broccoli was often the weapon.

Well, years come and go. What we enjoy over time changes. I became acclimated to broccoli, especially if cooked stove top in a wok or pan. My confession: on my own, and of my own volition, what is left of me as a man ordered Chinese takeout knowing ... I knowingly ordered it ... knowing it had broccoli in it.

No sexual fantasies about it though. That would be messed up on a whole nother level.

I have a confession to make. It's a long time coming, and I'll do it openly.

I never ate broccoli. Never cared for it. Wouldn't eat it. Through the years, it was avoided, and if circumstances would have it that it found its way upon my plate, then well, it would be wasted.

Then the SHE came along. She likes it. She cooked it. On my plate it went. No matter, I still didn't eat it. I'm a MAN!

Well, true, a man I am, I am, haha, hehe, hoho. It became a yucky to which I had to eat. Let me explain. Somewhere, written in fossilized stone, there is a commandment of sorts that women adhere to and absolutely demand that men follow. Yes men-people, I have learned the hard way. If something goes in the kitchen, there is a specific home within that kitchen for it! No, cups can't go here; they must go there, and no, plates can't go there; they must go here. Everything within the dominion of the kitchen must be treated as if everything has an assigned location, and anything to upset the balance of that harmony must be dealt with accordingly by the women-people. [not being sexist--just conveying my experience]

So, punishment was that the man (me) would have to have a yucky--which broccoli was often the weapon.

Well, years come and go. What we enjoy over time changes. I became acclimated to broccoli, especially if cooked stove top in a wok or pan. My confession: on my own, and of my own volition, what is left of me as a man ordered Chinese takeout knowing ... I knowingly ordered it ... knowing it had broccoli in it.

No sexual fantasies about it though. That would be messed up on a whole nother level.

You willingly and with malice aforethought ordered and ate Broccoli??????
I hereby banish you from the red-blooded, meat-eating, fraternity of real men!!! Please report to the frat-house and turn in your rubber underwear.
I additionally sentence you to eat quiche every day for as long as you shall live.

Remember our motto (which you may no longer use).... "Vegetables are what you feed to food!".

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/15/us/bill-cosby-email-sexual-assault-charges-pennsylvania/index.html

)—A former district attorney in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, claims he agreed more than a decade ago that his office wouldn't use a civil deposition given by Bill Cosby in any criminal matters, an email obtained by CNN shows -- a revelation that could call into question the viability of the criminal case against the comedian.

The case has always been shaky. Rape claims are usually tough to prove anyway ("he said she said") but just imagine having to defend yourself for something that allegedly happened two decades ago. That statute of limitations is way too long (for purely ideological reasons) and should be brought down in line with other non-homicide crimes.

Really?

If I were to gay rape you, how many decades should it take for me to get away with it?

If I gay rape scores of young men establishing patterns that make my guilt really obvious, how many decades should it take before I get away with it?

I'm sorry, but this is pure horse pucky. You're obviously looking for every possible excuse for rapists because that's what you do.

Hey, speaking of rape, how many drinks do you need to have before I can rape you and get away with it? I mean, if you're drunk enough, that means you deserve to be raped, and I should face zero consequences for raping you, right?

How much skin do you have to show before I am justified in raping you and can get away with it? I mean, if you show your naked wrists and ankles to me, I just won't be able to help myself, you know? All men are rape monsters, and if you show too much skin, I might just turn gay for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not OK with Cosby getting away with this.

I'm even more not OK with knowing that Cosby's race is probably the only reason he was convicted at all. We've seen too many cases of more egregious rapes done more recently where the rapist got away, and it's always upper middle class or rich white guys who seem to get away with it. Enough already. The elites should not have a pass on matters of rape.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/15/us/bill-cosby-email-sexual-assault-charges-pennsylvania/index.html

)—A former district attorney in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, claims he agreed more than a decade ago that his office wouldn't use a civil deposition given by Bill Cosby in any criminal matters, an email obtained by CNN shows -- a revelation that could call into question the viability of the criminal case against the comedian.
Well, this didn't matter and Cosby was convicted... and just now, the PA Supreme Court just ruled that it does matter, meaning his civil deposition 'immunity' should have been honored. This is a Law and Order episode here.

So Cosby is to go free. Certainly tainted, but free. He'll need to live out the rest of his life in comfortable luxury.

Well, this didn't matter and Cosby was convicted... and just now, the PA Supreme Court just ruled that it does matter, meaning his civil deposition 'immunity' should have been honored. This is a Law and Order episode here.

So Cosby is to go free. Certainly tainted, but free. He'll need to live out the rest of his life in comfortable luxury.

Doesn't this make Cosby yet another victim of wrongful conviction by prosecutorial misconduct? I've always thought so.
Tom

He will probably move to Germany where nobody seems to care about this kind of thing. Any of his haters over there will probably get blasted by a water cannon if they make too big of a fuss.
Only if he converts to Islam first.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there should be a statute of limitations if you've raped 30 people.

You are older right? Without statute of limitations some women could falsely accuse you of raping them when you were a teenager, what 50 years ago? How would you defend yourself against such allegations?
Statutes of limitations exist to protect people and should not be extended or eliminated for political or ideological reasons.

You would be far more likely to be able to successfully defend yourself against a 50 year old rape complaint than prosecutors prove a50 year old rape. Especially without a lot of well documented injuries and preservation of samples from a rape kit—or multiple eye witnesses.

So basically, not a problem. More of a problem if there are half dozen or more similar complaints against you but still…

Doesn't this make Cosby yet another victim of wrongful conviction by prosecutorial misconduct? I've always thought so.
Tom

No, it does not. It makes the scores of women he abused victims of prosecutorial misconduct.
Nobody is contesting the fact that he did what he was accused of.

Tom

So drugging young women without their consent or knowledge is just how some dudes like to roll? And perfectly legal?

Tom
Yes and no. PA Supreme Court ruled 4-2-1 on this. This isn't exactly black and white. I'm slightly curious what possessed the attorney to give Cosby such leeway in order for him to testify in the civil trial. It was like Cosby and his lawyers figured they could settled all of his rape cases in one shot... and only pay out to one person.

Very Law and Order.

It is truly bizarre, because ultimately, he wrongly served time for crimes he wrongly committed. It's poetry as some justice was paid to all parties, technicalities and all.

Tom

No, it does not. It makes the scores of women he abused victims of prosecutorial misconduct.

I don't see it that way.
Cosby is a sleazebag. No disagreements there. A "whitened sepulchre", to quote the Bible. (all puns intended). But I don't think he is a rapist, rather an opportunist. Like Slick Willy Clinton, he got accustomed to women using sex to manipulate powerful men and took advantage of that female inclination. The list of such sleazebags, male and female, is endless.

Tom

I don't see it that way.
Cosby is a sleazebag. No disagreements there. A "whitened sepulchre", to quote the Bible. (all puns intended). But I don't think he is a rapist, rather an opportunist.
An opportunist uses their power over people to coerce behavior in their favor. A rapist gives women drugs so they can do as they please.

Cosby could have easily just been an "opportunist", but clearly, that wasn't enough.

I don't see it that way.
Cosby is a sleazebag. No disagreements there. A "whitened sepulchre", to quote the Bible. (all puns intended). But I don't think he is a rapist, rather an opportunist. Like Slick Willy Clinton, he got accustomed to women using sex to manipulate powerful men and took advantage of that female inclination. The list of such sleazebags, male and female, is endless.

Tom

I think the whole drugging them aspect puts it over the line from opportunist to rapist though.

At least from the news reports, it seems that this was the right decision. In order to get a high-profile conviction, the prosecutor bent the rules a little too far rather than collected sufficient evidence to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt using legal means. It's bad that a guilty person (based on his own deposition) is going free, but would ultimately be even worse for everyone else if it was allowed to stand. I feel awful for his victims, though. I can't imagine how they must feel.

I don't see it that way.

Tom

I think the whole drugging them aspect puts it over the line from opportunist to rapist though.

According to the court records I read at the time, Constand took the drugs on her own. She said she had a headache and asked Cosby for something. He offered her quaaludes, and she took them.
That isn't the same as "Cosby drugged Constand". She drugged herself. Quite understandable, if you've decided to bang Cosby hoping for a career boost. I'm gay, find black men kinda hot, but I'd still want drugs before I banged Cosby.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom